It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's to Replace Cashiers with Touch Screen Computers

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Underworlds

That is a pretty petty reason there lol. Do you also boycott anyone that has kosher items in their resteraunt store? I don't eat there because the food is nasty personally, only time I have eaten there in the past 10 years was when on a loooooooong road trip, and that was the only option available.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoSphere

How many people you think it takes to drop fries into oil, and place premade burgers under heating lamps?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

My reason may seem petty to you, but I personally do not do business with any company that supports Shari'a.. especially if they are serving meats that are taken from animals by means that are cruel and inhumane such as bleeding them while their spinal cord is still intact so that they can feel the pains of a slow death. And yes, any time I go out to eat at a restaurant that I've never eaten at before I make it a point to meet the manager and to ask if any of the food is halal.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
McDonalds isnt that bad if you only have it every now and then, but replacing hum and for simple touch screens isnt the way to go. Supermarkets here (UK) have self service cashier machines where you scan your own food and pay with either cash or card and thats gets ripped off loads so the McDonalds one will only be the same. McDonalds will loose more than they make with this one.

haha!

Yes, Yes it is "that bad" .

regardless of what it tastes like... ($h!t)..
It is not even "real food"..
It is basically garbage that is thrown together and filled with chemicals to give it whatever "taste" it has..

Again, yes, it is "that bad".

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I'm not sure, but we may not be interpreting the article correctly. They may be replacing workers (all) at certain spots, but then adding electronic ordering to other spots. In other words, they aren't replacing all workers everywhere. I can imagine that resulting in a tremendous loss of business. Not everyone can use those machines. Some people would simply prefer a person.

I can see where certain spots would be convenient for "all electronic" testing. Then, they'll go from there to see how to handle "regular locations."

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Mcdonald's food is good food. Nothing wrong with it at all. Robots need to replace almost all the workers and no, it is not bad for buisness.
People need to trust the buisnesses more often, they are there to serve you. On t.v ,attacking the clown, come on people. Picking on the clown at mcdonald's will not solve anything.
Touchscreen and robots just a common place of new tech, get over it.
I'm sure if you asked the clown at mCdonald's you would get an honest answer, that is only good for buisness.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
reply to post by TKDRL

I'm not sure, but we may not be interpreting the article correctly. They may be replacing workers (all) at certain spots, but then adding electronic ordering to other spots. In other words, they aren't replacing all workers everywhere. I can imagine that resulting in a tremendous loss of business. Not everyone can use those machines. Some people would simply prefer a person.

I can see where certain spots would be convenient for "all electronic" testing. Then, they'll go from there to see how to handle "regular locations."

It has pictures for gosh sakes, and talks to you. Some people just need to WAKE UP.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by ErgoSphere

How many people you think it takes to drop fries into oil, and place premade burgers under heating lamps?

Don't you mean the microwave?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

The butcher/farmer I get my freerange beef kills the cows I buy that way. Hang them by the back legs, and cut the throat. They lose consiousness fast, doesn't seem slow and cruel to me. To each his own I guess.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

The butcher/farmer I get my freerange beef kills the cows I buy that way. Hang them by the back legs, and cut the throat. They lose consiousness fast, doesn't seem slow and cruel to me. To each his own I guess.

Doesn't seem cruel to you?

wtf.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled tv program and food with face.

Sorry, I need to follow a few friends here and gtf off this site for awhile.

"Deny Ignorance" seems to be a magnet for nothing but the ignorant.

edit on 24-5-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

What exactly do you find cruel about it? Blood and oxygen to the brain is cut off, doesn't take long before passing out.... You think the cow would rather the natural death, of being ripped apart by a natural predator? I doubt it, they get a nice cushy life, never having to worry about predators, food and water, grazing the fields all day.

Probably not the case for a lot of burgers you get from mcdonalds, but that is why I go straight to the source. I get to see how the cow lived, how it dies, and watch it get butchered properly. Other than that it is just meat me and my family hunt ourselves.

But we are going off topic now.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

I agree, nothing butt ignorant. A jobless buisness is the ultimate goal. We are working closer and closer to this objective. Soon we will have no employees. Robots will replace the humans in the workforce and ultimately rise productivity, quality and make for a better product.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sforscott

Yeah but at least self check out required you to exert some energy in finding what you needed then checking out. McDonald's or any fast food restaurant, you walk right in and straight to the counter. Plus at least there's healthy alternatives at the grocery store. Anything fast food that says its healthy is a joke. We might as well serve people in troffs like pigs and charge by the pound or something. People have no idea what they're doing when they make their lives more convenient.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Having everything digital takes away the social aspect. We are social being's and are meant to interact with other people. We are not meant to spend hours behind a computer every day, call for support, only to speak to a recording or the other crap that goes on.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
If it's in the interest of the corporation, it will be done.

personally, i've never liked the people in fast food restaurants.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Ive ordered from a KFC touchscreen and it was pretty awesome.
Cant wait until the robots can flip some burgers!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
lol i thought about this once totally automated fast food? watch the cooks be replaced with automated grillers to. its already pretty simple i hear lol
atleast mcds has a reason not to pay health care then

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

McDonald's to Replace Cashiers with Touch Screen Computers

ca.news.yahoo.com

McDonald's restaurants in Europe will soon be swapping the chain's legendary "service with a smile" with "service with a beep." European McDonald's restaurants are preparing to replace cashiers with touch screen computers at terminals where customers will be able to order up their hamburgers and fries and pay with credit cards.

About 7,000 of the fast food franchise's locations in the United Kingdom will be fitted with the touch screen technology, which aims to make the McDonald's experience more convenient and accommodating.

The touch screen method of ordering will improve efficiency and make the average transaction three to four seconds faster for each customer, Steve Easterbrook, president of the European branch of McDonald's, told the Financial Times.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Mon, 23 May 2011 12:10:15 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

old news actually, back in the 90's Subway( i think it was) had them and it was pretty cool, but back then, ppl paid with cash more than the cards. They were installed at the mall in NE Portland OR.
)

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join