It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin buys home in Arizona; Is she planning on running?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
If she moves to Scottsdale maybe she'll become an ATS member almost immediatelly.
Seek her out Bill.

If she moves to Arizona then she'll see first hand just how bad the illegal immigration issue truly is and she will finally feel the pain of the voters.
A politician that sincerely empathizes with the voters is a very powerful tool.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

ya, i went back to find your insults, too.

didn't find what he was talking about, either.

these palin haters are really baffling!

she was asked to run for VP and made a tough decision for her state, to step down for the better of it, unlike most politico's.

she has time, unlike other candidates but this would be the best time.

obama is a 1 termer.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

these palin haters are really baffling

I was watching CNN yesterday and an analyst said the liberals are famous for accusing their opponents of the very things that they, the libs, do themselves.

she was asked to run for VP and made a tough decision for her state, to step down for the better of it, unlike most politico's.

Yes, and I have never seen a person be so brutally attacked by the MSM and by both political parties as she was. She is very tough, and came right back to kick their butts.

You know, I'd much rather see her as a cabinet member. I think she would make an excellent Secretary of Energy.

obama is a 1 termer.

There are still fools who will continue to worship him in spite of his incompetence and corruption.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I'll take the bait. Seriously. To begin, I don't know what you mean by "you libs". To begin any discussion assuming someone does not have the brain power to think for themselves is not a good tactic. WIthout saying, I am not a "lib" as used in this very silly manner. Are you a teabagger?

But you are a lib, nonetheless. And you are also very crude, young, or ignorant to use the term teabagger.

Ah, innuendo; you must realize at its most base, the discourse concerns "libs" and "teabaggers"; both of which are seen as derragatory ie each is prescribed their lunatic thoughts...in your discourse. Not mine. Again I will state, you know absolutely nothing of me. Assume all you want; hopefully you'll get out of the house one day and realize that many people actually suprise you with their ability to think for themselves...

I would never have assumed but I could very easily section you off as such - I won't. In my first post I merely mention Roger Allies and Fox have recently publicly stated they don't think she is the brightest bulb - that's all - they were and may still be her biggest supporters but when your money maker starts to dismiss you, well, the writing is on the wall.

I firmly believe in TPM principles. I am a conservative, and not ashamed to say it.

I have no idea what TPM means. Can you describe "conservative" for me?

In answer to your questions, Barry, as you call the President, is JUST AS PATHETIC as Palin, only he wears a different suit.

I only call him Barry in public. I have other names reserved for him when offline. And he is much more pathetic than Palin, or even Jimmy Carter or Biden or Pelosi or Reid.

Sounds like you are quite creative in coming up with names for people. Kudos. Can you clarify your last statement?

I am afraid for the political process in the USA. The simple divisive tool of the "parties" is that they stir up essentially unconsequential personal issues to get you all fired up - and then it is just a matter of semantics when WHOEVER takes office.

That's your fault for falling for it and not demanding that they address the issues. But voting for Barry in spite of his glaring deficiencies is the reason we are in this mess.

Ah, I was talking about people like you. I'm pointing it out, not falling for it. Also, you seem fixated on some make believe fact that the president is some all powerful being. He/ she, aint all that.

Regarding me being scared of her success in 2010 - what? That was random. I guess losing equates to success?

Hah! You can deny her success in sponsoring winning candidates, but the numbers don't lie:

With that being said, Palin’s 71% endorsement success rate thus far—52 wins out of 73 declared races featuring Palin-endorsed candidates (eight additional races are undecided as of 1:30 p.m. on November 4)—is impressive, especially considering that she embraced a number of underdogs in traditionally blue states. Of particular importance is the fact that eighteen of the twenty candidates backed in Palin’s Take Back the 20 initiative have won their races (one race is undecided as of 1:30 p.m. on November 4). That’s a 90% success rate.
www.humanevents.com...

I guess we'll see come 2012. From what I see on Fox, she's toast.

I do know several reality tv shows have been spawned due to her instant fame for nothing, so I guess you could look at that as success.

You'd know about that crap much better than me; I don't watch that mindless pap, as you obviously do.

I would? I obviously do? How in the world could you come to that conclusion? Have you heard of the movie avatar? I have. Guess what? I never saw it. Are you still breathing?

Also, you have to look at the here and now...the GOP will NEVER trot her back out - or in any case support her, as she has become a persona no grata...she is never discussed in a any serious terms when the discussion falls on candidates throwing their hat in the ring...she will not because she is exposed for who she is.

The GOP is not the only game in town. Frankly, they suck.

Soooo...what? Palin represents what you think sucks? You think she'll run as an independant? Okeedokkee.

The mere mention of Donald Trump as a source for anything other than sheer bafoonery is a reflection of how hard you are thinking about the subject. You have been fooled.

Trump had Boy Blunder running scared with that birth certificate thing. Barry's just lucky Trump didn't decide to expose the rest of his lies and pretending.

This is indicative of what I am talking about. I really like "Boy Blunder". You should write a book. And, wow, yeah, lucky stars Trump decided to hold on to the biggest news story in history. The disappointing thing is that you don't realize that you can't formulate an opinion on something when you already have one - does that make sense? You like Palin and are a stated conservative. I have been told by you who I am. Yes? Where, in any thead, have I proclaimed my political affiliations, if I have any at all?

ColoradoJens

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

these palin haters are really baffling!

obama is a 1 termer.

Hi! Here are some lines of mishgas throughout the "discourse".

Yeah, Obama the mental midget will take 56 states, eh?

Palin would kick Barry's narrow ass all the way back to Kenya. Soetero, his beast of a wife, and two kids don't deserve bus fare...they never earned it. Everything they ever got was through AA. Even Mrs. Blunder admits she would never have been able to pass a standardized test if that were a requirement to succeed:

But you are a lib, nonetheless. And you are also very crude, young, or ignorant to use the term teabagger.

You'd know about that crap much better than me; I don't watch that mindless pap, as you obviously do.

Trump had Boy Blunder running scared with that birth certificate thing. Barry's just lucky Trump didn't decide to expose the rest of his lies and pretending.

Then I know you must be red faced because I schooled you over your incorrect response on Sarah Palin's success. You made that comment out of sheer meanness or jealousy.

It was jealousy.

I guess these types of unchecked statements go for discussion these days. Fox has abandoned your princess. It doesn't matter. Obama cares nothing for you. Palin cares nothing for you. Don't look like a heel suppoirting any main candidates. Their interests are NOT yours no matter how much your red blood is boiling as they tell you it is.

CJ

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Boy I hope she doesn't run, or at least doesn't make it past the primaries. After these last two presidencies, it would be nice to finally get someone into office who isn't an ignorant puppet (Bush) or lacks a back bone (Obama). If people keep supporting these joke candidacies, we're never going to get someone into office who will actually do what they campaign to do. This next election will just devolve into another popularity contest.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by pajoly

She will beat Obama in any forum that there is NO Telepromter around.

Obama can't speak two sentences without a Ummm, errrr... etc.

Palin can hold her own.

That is if she can remember even the basics of what her party stands for, without having to write them down on her hand:

One of the main reasons McCain wasn't elected was because Palin's lack of knowledge about the issues came through in the interviews she gave, and she would have been one 72 year old's heartbeat away from becoming president:

If you back Palin, we're going to be stuck with Obama for another four years.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Please stay on topic, and stop with the insults. Discuss the topic and not the members.

Excuse me? You started with the insults to me. You called me sophomoric all the while you applauded the adolescent remarks by somebody else who said...

man!..I would love to see her in a cheerleader uniform... run Sarah Run! (in slow motion)

To which you said...

I agre with him 100%, except that I'd prefer a dark business with her hair pulled back. That type of woman makes me melt....

So exactly what is the topic of this thread? Is it ...

Sarah Palin buys home in Arizona; Is she planning on running?

Or is it really about Sarah Palin and what kinds of clothes she wears that turns you on?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
"Sarah Palin buys home in Arizona; Is she planning on running?" Hahaha! I misunderstood the title and thought that she was "running" away from Japan's radiation and leaving everything in Alaska behind. As for running, I do NOT care, really. I used to but not anymore. There are other potential candidates willing to "inherit" the mess left by Obama and pals.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm not a "lib" but the reason I'm "afraid" of Sarah Palin (I'm not actually afraid, but I don't want her as my president) is that I disagree with her politics, I think she is a nut-job and I think she's stupid. She's savvy. She knows how to make a buck and convince people of what she wants them to believe, but she's not intelligent or genuine. The thought of her being president is worse that the thought of George W. Bush.

I agree with what you're saying and because she is moving to my state I find it deeply troubling. Should she decide to run for some kind of office here, I truly worry about how it will impact Arizona, particularly the wildlife here. We have animals in Arizona that are on the endangered list and she has proven by her actions in Alaska that she could not care less about endangered animals.

Dana Nuccitelli
Sarah Palin’s Record on Killing Wolves is Brutal

Sarah Palin’s record is not very favorable for wildlife. She’s put efforts into undoing federal wildlife protections for polar bears and beluga whales in order to protect oil and gas drilling operations, for example. But her position on wolf hunting is perhaps the most controversial.

Even worse, now Palin’s administration is allowing its “Department of Wildlife Conservation” to enter into wolf dens and slaughter wolf pups, even though Alaska law specifically prohibits this activity (Regulation 5AAC 92.110(i)). According to Defenders of Wildlife: “Over the past year, the state has produced several publications as part of its $400,000 public education campaign designed to inform Alaskans about the facts of its programs. Our scientific and legal review of this information has found similar omissions of critical information including overstating the impact of predation on moose and caribou populations and failing to recognize the importance of other limiting factors. The state’s recent omission of important facts regarding its control efforts in its ‘public education’ materials appears to be clearly intentional and designed to influence the vote on the pending ballot measure regarding the aerial hunting of wolves and bears. One has to wonder if the department tried to keep the killing of these wolf pups under wraps because of the upcoming vote.

Lobos of the Southwest;

Thirty-three years after receiving protection under the Endangered Species Act, the Mexican gray wolf remains the most endangered mammal in North America and the most endangered subspecies of gray wolf in the world.

Planning For Recovery The out-of-date Mexican Wolf Recovery Plan, approved in 1982, called for the continued propagation of Mexican wolves in captivity and for the re-establishment of two viable populations in the wild in Mexico and/or adjoining areas of the United States through reintroduction, as a first step toward eventual recovery. Following nearly two decades of captive breeding and reintroduction planning, approval for the first releases of Mexican wolves to the wild was granted by Secretary of the Interior, Bruce Babbitt, in 1997. The plan was to re-establish a population of at least 100 Mexican wolves in an area referred to as the Blue Range Wolf Recovery Area by the end of 2006. It was expected that the target population would include 18 breeding pairs at that point in time. The Recovery Area spans 4.4 million acres, twice the size of Yellowstone National Park. Ninety-five percent of the area is public land, comprising the Gila and Apache national forests. Most of the national forest lands are grazed by livestock. In addition, the White Mountain Apache Tribe supports recovery of Mexican wolves on the adjacent Fort Apache Indian Reservation, an additional 1.6 million acres. Wolves have done what is needed to thrive in the wild: They have formed packs, had pups and successfully hunted elk and deer. Unfortunately, the recovery effort has failed to reach the first reintroduction objective of at least 100 wolves in the wild. Until recently, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's aggressive wolf "control" measures repeatedly knocked the population down. The wild population of Mexican gray wolves has declined over the past five years, and at the end of 2009, only about 42 wolves lived in the wilds of the Southwest. The wild population was lower at the beginning of 2010 than it was at the end of 2003. With so few wolves, each member of a pack is important. Restoring Mexican gray wolves will restore an important ecological player to the Southwest's wild areas. To ensure they thrive in the wild, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service must give Mexican wolves a distinct listing for higher protection, develop a new, scientifically valid Recovery Plan, and keep wolves in the wild.

www.mexicanwolves.org...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SaveTheWolves

All creatures/animals are beautiful! Let's not suggest "blood libel" for the wildlife in Arizona just yet.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SaveTheWolves

Please stay on topic, and stop with the insults. Discuss the topic and not the members.

Excuse me? You started with the insults to me. You called me sophomoric all the while you applauded the adolescent remarks by somebody else who said...

You're really hung up on that word sophomoric, aren't you? It is an adjective that I used to describe your unwarranted silly attacks on Palin; perfectly valid to use.

Until and unless you can justify a comment like this:

This makes me sick and scared! The house they said she bought is close to where I live and she might decide to go "huntin'" and shoot my dogs off the ends of their leashes as I walk them! She is a sick wolf and bear killing menace! She probably wants to move to Arizona so she can try to kill the few remaining Mexican Grey Wolves that were reintroduced to the wild.

And then you finish it of with this gem:

The last thing this state needs is more drama!

I will continue to classify your comments as sophomoric. All you do is waste time and space with comments like that.

So let's drop this already, and stay on topic, OK?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I'm not a "lib" but the reason I'm "afraid" of Sarah Palin (I'm not actually afraid, but I don't want her as my president) is that I disagree with her politics, I think she is a nut-job and I think she's stupid. She's savvy. She knows how to make a buck and convince people of what she wants them to believe, but she's not intelligent or genuine. The thought of her being president is worse that the thought of George W. Bush.

I don't want her to run for POTUS either, because the MSM and both parties would crucify her. As I have stated many times, I think she is very effective in her current role, and she would make an excellent cabinet member. I hope she runs for US Senator. I think she is a natural fit for AZ politics.

As for this

but she's not intelligent or genuine

You are 100% wrong and I think the comment is purely petty partisanship. She is *very* intelligent. She may not have advanced degrees, but so what? Look at the Obama's. Even though their degrees are not genuine, some people hold them up as proof of 'intelligence'. But their actions prove the opposite.

Palin is definitely genuine. In 2010 she backed candidates solely on their principles, not on party affiliation or their odds of winning. And her success rate was impressive.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I still think that anyone who would vote for her has to be clinically insane.

I'm sorry if that offends you.

It's ridiculous still.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
Look, Heretic, it's obvious just based on your name, benevolent, you are an unwashed left wing libtard.

I thought the "heretic" part kind of balanced out the weakness and wimpiness implied by the "benevolent" part.
I could use a shower, though. I'll give you that.

Originally posted by SaveTheWolves
We have animals in Arizona that are on the endangered list and she has proven by her actions in Alaska that she could not care less about endangered animals.

Oh, I know all about her record with wildlife in general and wolves in particular. I also lived in AZ for 15 years and am familiar with the gray wolf's plight. It's absolutely a part of her politics (and personal set of values) that I can't abide. I am an animal lover, particularly of the canine species.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Is that you, Rush?

You sound like just about every right-wing radio host put together.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

I still think that anyone who would vote for her has to be clinically insane.

I'm sorry if that offends you.

It's ridiculous still.

It doesn't offend me, but thanks. Too many times, these threads get overheated.

But, do you feel that way about any office she'd run for?

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Is that you, Rush?

You sound like just about every right-wing radio host put together.

Thanks!! That was great!
Touche'!

But if I ever write something that is untrue, let me know right away. I speak the truth.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Oh, I know all about her record with wildlife in general and wolves in particular. I also lived in AZ for 15 years and am familiar with the gray wolf's plight. It's absolutely a part of her politics (and personal set of values) that I can't abide. I am an animal lover, particularly of the canine species.

Can you elaborate on which " part of her politics (and personal set of values) that you can't abide" ? I expect hunting from a plane as one of your points. But how does it reflect on her politics and values?

Also, are you familiar with wildlife management policies and techniques? Or is every hunter a Hun to you?

edit on 25-5-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
I don't want her to run for POTUS either, because the MSM and both parties would crucify her.

It's true. If she runs for ANYTHING, she's going to be crucified and rightly so. She has no business in government. Sarah Palin is to politics as Orly Taitz is to the legal profession.

As I have stated many times, I think she is very effective in her current role,

WHAT current role is that? Ex-governor, failed VP candidate and Tea Party manipulator? Please! She's using you guys for all the greenbacks that she can squeeze out of you! And you freely hand them over! By the looks of things, she is very effective in her current role, indeed.

I hope she runs for US Senator. I think she is a natural fit for AZ politics.

Oh, Lord. As I said, she has no business in government of any kind. She's not smart enough and she's manipulative and self-absorbed... Oh, wait. That's EXACTLY the kind of people we have in Congress now. Might as well elect more of the same, huh?
Tea Party, my ass! She's a neocon with a selfish agenda. Just what Arizona needs!

You are 100% wrong and I think the comment is purely petty partisanship.

Think whatever you like. Seems like anything you disagree with is "partisan", "sophomoric" or "crude, young or ignorant"... You can't say those things about other members and then act like you're trying to keep personal attacks out of the thread, by the way. If you're going to sling mud, then you look very hypocritical when you ask for the mud-slinging to stop. I'm just sayin'...

She is *very* intelligent.

"very"? I don't think so. She doesn't need degrees to be intelligent. She needs to have a working knowledge of local and world politics. She's ignorant in that area.

Palin is definitely genuine.

She will do or say whatever she needs to to get your vote. You have been fooled by a pretty lady. She is a woman who has learned how to manipulate on a grand scale. I feel sorry for those of you who support her. If she takes any office, you will eventually see her true colors. You are blinded by her 'appeal'.

It's no wonder men get hurt and screwed in relationships so often. They can't see past the 'pretty'... And don't tell me that's not part of her appeal for you. I have read your posts in this thread. Let me just say ahead of time: I'm sorry you were totally fooled by her. I wish you had listened to me. We women may stick together at times, but we can also recognize that 'evil bitch' quality in another woman when we see it. Good luck.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join