It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin buys home in Arizona; Is she planning on running?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Before you file this one under the "So what, who cares?" category, think of the possible implications. Palin is rumored to be purchasing a home in Scottsdale, AZ which could be used as a 'lower 48' base for further political aspirations.

Possibilities include a run for POTUS, or a run for US Senate to replace retiring Sen. Jon Kyl. I hope she chooses the latter...not because I don't believe she'd be a vast improvement over the Boy Blunder, but because I think she is a natural fit for US Senator for AZ, one of the strongest, smartest Red States. She is a strong, intelligent conservative who would complement AZ's Republican governor, and she could continue to cause fits amongst liberals who cower at the mere mention of her.

Here's the article:

With the GOP 2012 pack losing several big names following no-go announcements for Mitch Daniels, Donald Trump and Mike Huckabee, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin took a bold step toward a possible presidential bid this week.

Palin has sent out some 400,000 direct-mail fundraising letters targeting voters in several early primary states – a move sure to get pundits’ tongues wagging. Also, on Sunday news broke that she may have purchased a home in Arizona, which could provide her a “Lower 48” base not only for a presidential bid but also a possible Senate campaign in 2012, both Fox News and the Arizona Republic reported.

Confirmation of a Palin house purchase in Scottsdale likely would rekindle chatter about whether Palin might run a political campaign out of Arizona, the home state of U.S. Sen. John McCain, who plucked her from relative political obscurity in 2008 to be his vice-presidential running mate, the Republic speculated Sunday.

Palin has been rumored to be considering headquartering her 2012 White House campaign, if there is one, in Scottsdale. She also has been mentioned as a possible candidate for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by the retiring Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz.

Will Sarah run?

edit on 23-5-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
man!..I would love to see her in a cheerleader uniform...
run Sarah Run! (in slow motion)

edit on 23-5-2011 by i am just saying because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
She will most likely run for the upcoming Senate seat.

It will be the best for her and her political career.

Not that I agree but...I am sure she knows what is best.

Wait till she announces she isn't going for the POTUS. That is when she will become dangerous.... You'll see.
)

maybe she make a run for POTUS at the last minute if the current field doesn't improve. She has that option at her disposal.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by i am just saying
man!..I would love to see her in a cheerleader uniform...
run Sarah Run! (in slow motion)

edit on 23-5-2011 by i am just saying because: (no reason given)

running hand in hand with Bachman in a matching uniform and being chased by Pelosi in a band uniform.

Palin is a savvy strategist regardless of how the MSM has tried to paint her. I think she will end up surprising all of us.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Good post,
esp. that last part about keeping her options open should the field turn out to be a bunch of guaranteed losers.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I hope she runs. We could all use the entertainment of watching this vacant idiot attempt coherent sentences and make historical error after error. At best, Sarah Palin is a caricature of herself. At worst, she is a symbol of the glorification and epidemic of ignorance resulting from the growing mass of fundy Christian cultists.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Interesting. From our coldest state to one of our hottest states.

Talk about flip-flopping. She must like extremes. lol. j/k

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

She will beat Obama in any forum that there is NO Telepromter around.

Obama can't speak two sentences without a Ummm, errrr... etc.

Palin can hold her own.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Palin is going to lose.
Obama will run in 57 states while she only runs in 50.
Biiiiiiiiiig mistake, Mrs. Palin!

Sarah Palin/Denise Richards 2012
(Why the hell not!)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

This makes me sick and scared! The house they said she bought is close to where I live and she might decide to go "huntin'" and shoot my dogs off the ends of their leashes as I walk them! She is a sick wolf and bear killing menace! She probably wants to move to Arizona so she can try to kill the few remaining Mexican Grey Wolves that were reintroduced to the wild.

The last thing this state needs is more drama!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SaveTheWolves

This makes me sick and scared! The house they said she bought is close to where I live and she might decide to go "huntin'" and shoot my dogs off the ends of their leashes as I walk them! She is a sick wolf and bear killing menace! She probably wants to move to Arizona so she can try to kill the few remaining Mexican Grey Wolves that were reintroduced to the wild.

The last thing this state needs is more drama!

This is the type of response that drives me nuts. Completely devoid of facts, and full of sophomoric character attacks. It adds absolutely nothing to the discussion.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

If she runs, Obama takes every state except maybe Oklahoma. Palin is not a serious person and is devoid of any intellectual curiosity. She is also simply intellectually lazy. Basically, she is a silly, laughing stock of a person who has seen much more of the spotlight than she ever earned. Curses on McCain for introducing this lightweight to the world stage.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Oh? Really? Well maybe it is of a bigger concern to me since she will practically be living in my neighborhood where there is a lot of wildlife. Are you completely ignorant about her track record on wildlife? Well let me help to educate you...

As governor of Alaska, Sarah Palin actively promoted Alaska's aerial hunting program whereby wolves are shot from the air or chased by airplanes to the point of exhaustion before the pilot lands the plane and a gunner shoots the animals point blank. The program also targets bears. Palin offered a $150 bounty for wolves to entice hunters to kill more wolves in certain parts of the state, with hunters having to present a wolf's foreleg to collect the bounty. She actively opposed a ballot measure campaign seeking to end the aerial hunting of wolves by private hunters and approved a $400,000 state-funded campaign aimed at swaying people's votes on the issue. She also introduced legislation to make it easier to kill wolves and bears and which would have also removed the aerial hunting initiative from the ballot and block the ability of citizens to vote on the issue. The Board of Game, appointed by the governor, which she appoints, has approved the killing of black bear sows with cubs as part of the program and expanded the aerial control programs.

www.eyeonpalin.org...

And while you think what I said adds nothing to the conversation, did you have a problem with the guy who said.

man!..I would love to see her in a cheerleader uniform... run Sarah Run! (in slow motion)

No, I didn't think so!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Wouldn't that be AWESOME! We have sunk so low on either side of the ball; can it be that the only real thing to be gained is comedy via tragedy? Even FOX thinks she's not all that smart. Bring on the circus.

CJ

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I love the state of Arizona but the politics are beyond corrupt there so it makes sense that Sarah wants in on it. Maybe this is where they are trying to create the ultimate right wing sovereign homeland? Please read up on Russell Pearce's (Republican Arizona legislator) background to understand what is going on in that state.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I love the state of Arizona but the politics are beyond corrupt there so it makes sense that Sarah wants in on it. Maybe this is where they are trying to create the ultimate right wing sovereign homeland? Please read up on Russell Pearce's (Republican Arizona legislator) background to understand what is going on in that state.
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

Sadly, what you said is true. This state is going from bad to worse! For instance, how about carrying concealed guns into bars without even needing a permit?! Guns and booze, what could possibly go wrong?!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SaveTheWolves

I was really impressed with this statement:

The house they said she bought is close to where I live and she might decide to go "huntin'" and shoot my dogs off the ends of their leashes as I walk them!

Such a deep intellect!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

man!..I would love to see her in a cheerleader uniform... run Sarah Run! (in slow motion)

How impressed were you with that statement? Do I detect some hypocrisy on your part?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Sarah Palin is too smart for Arizona.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

If she runs, Obama takes every state except maybe Oklahoma.

Yeah, Obama the mental midget will take 56 states, eh?

Palin is not a serious person and is devoid of any intellectual curiosity. She is also simply intellectually lazy. Basically, she is a silly, laughing stock of a person who has seen much more of the spotlight than she ever earned. Curses on McCain for introducing this lightweight to the world stage.

Palin would kick Barry's narrow ass all the way back to Kenya. Soetero, his beast of a wife, and two kids don't deserve bus fare...they never earned it. Everything they ever got was through AA. Even Mrs. Blunder admits she would never have been able to pass a standardized test if that were a requirement to succeed:

"If my future were determined by my performance on a standardized test," Mrs.Obama has repeatedly said, "I wouldn't be here, I guarantee that."

choosingdemocracy.blogspot.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join