It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Harold Camping - May 22nd

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
After a days worth of hiding, finally someone took matters into their own hands and went to Harold's house to hear what he has to say about being a false prophet.

Enjoy, www.ebaumsworld.com...

Sorry it isn't an embedded video, it hasn't been uploaded to youtube yet and I am too lazy to do it my self.

Anyways there it is, Harold Camping's first words after the rapture

~1Mind1Soul~

edit on 23-5-2011 by dbates because: Added embedded video

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
It's good to know he's bewildered.

Off to the nursing home.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Not that I care, really, but he looked really really defeated... and pathetic. I had a strange twinge of sympathy for Camping for a moment there. Then I went back to not caring.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

edit on 23-5-2011 by LadySkadi because: kinda feel sorry for everyone who really believed...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Why does it sound like the guy videotaping this calls him "Mr Campos" instead of "camping" very odd.

I too feel a little bad for the guy after seeing him, but then I think about the people that killed themselves, their pets, tried to kill their children, etc and that empathy starts to go away.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
While I think the entire prediction and any other prediction of apocalypse is impossible, I do have empathy for Mr. Camping. He seemed like he really believed this would happen, and appears mentally exhausted and distraught.

Although I don't fully agree with the way he went about it, spreading it across the country and spending millions on advertising, you really can't fault anyone for believing in something..

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Oxycontin

I never realized it before, but now I feel quite certain.
He's doped up.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
It just seems to me...he shouldve realized if he really, really believed in the Bible...he should never have figured he had the answer all figured out...when the Good Book clearly states that no-one will know the hour or the day.
If he had believed in it word for word....why did he claim "divine revelation" as to the date?

He threw away 89 yrs of Bible teaching and good works because in the end? He believed he alone had the answer...and that alone....made him a false prophet. I am sorry for him...but? False Prophet. And now he has to live with that....again.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Mind1Soul

After watching that video it really makes me question the sanity of his "followers". I'm certain I wouldn't be betting my future on this guy who squirts his colostomy bag from the pulpit

Go have a nice cup of tea

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

I too feel a little bad for the guy after seeing him, but then I think about the people that killed themselves, their pets, tried to kill their children, etc and that empathy starts to go away.

Do you have any legitmate links to these stories where people killed their pets and tried to kill their children and themselves?

i wasn't aware this person was been taken serious by anybody. very interested to see these reports.

thanks.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Poor old bugger, I almost feel sorry for the guy. I think he is finally realizing how much damage this whole thing has caused to other people who followed his words.

He looks like a beaten down man. Im sure at the time he believed every word he was preaching, too bad he ended up looking like a fool. I guess it had to end this way.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
What a poor deluded fool, looks like his faith has been shattered.
Wonder if he will come up with another date for the Rapture.

However, maybe the Rapture did happen and all the people that are going to be saved have been saved.
And maybe it was deemed that noone is worth saving and so it looks like the Rapture never happened.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Do you have any legitmate links to these stories where people killed their pets and tried to kill their children and themselves?

i wasn't aware this person was been taken serious by anybody. very interested to see these reports.

thanks.

1+1=2. Of course people are going to get depressed about the rapture not happening. There were people that were convinced that it would happen. Suicide rates go op is logical.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

thanks.

1+1=2. Of course people are going to get depressed about the rapture not happening. There were people that were convinced that it would happen. Suicide rates go op is logical.

lets not worry about any proof. just blame the guy for people killing pets, and trying to kill children and commit suicide.

so how many you reckon tried to do this? dozens, hundreds, thousands? doesn't really matter does it, cause we are just making this crap up, ballpark figure?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Someone started a thread about this article, a couple days ago, but this actually happened in March. Regardless, it states this-

A woman slit her daughters' throats before slitting her own early Friday evening, claiming that "the Tribulation" was going to occur and she wanted to prevent them from suffering through it, officials said. Lyn Benedetto, 47, reportedly told her daughters to lie on a bed and proceeded to take a knife to their throats.

www.ktla.com...

PALMDALE, Calif. -
A California woman who says she wanted to protect her children from the May 21 “tribulation” is in jail after slitting the throats of her daughters’ before cutting her own back in March, KTLA reports.

www.abcactionnews.com...

People taking this seriously?

Family Radio....
The Oakland-based nonprofit has raised more than $100 million over the past seven years, according to tax returns. It owns 66 radio stations across the globe and was worth more than $72 million in 2009.

www.mercurynews.com...

Camping's organization, Family Radio, is perfectly happy to take your money -- and in fact, received $80 million in contributions between 2005 and 2009.

money.cnn.com...

It sure does appear that some took it seriously.

Let me know if you need any assistance removing that foot from your mouth.

www.bing.com...
edit on 5/23/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

thanks.

lets not worry about any proof. just blame the guy for people killing pets, and trying to kill children and commit suicide.

so how many you reckon tried to do this? dozens, hundreds, thousands? doesn't really matter does it, cause we are just making this crap up, ballpark figure?

Proof is for the legal system, I don't stand by the law. Psychological effect is defin occuring

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

He is just an old man who made a mistake. During this weekend I've read countless comments celebrating and humiliating this old man, and using it as an excuse to attack christians; like a hungry pack of wolves. No need to point a finger, since all comments we make can be found with a couple of mouse clicks, so we know who are them.

We, the real christians, disagree with anyone who claims to know God's schedule. We can see how this angry mob tried to put all of us in the same bag. These persons are worse than Mr. Camping and shouldn't be a place for them in our society. How many of you wonder why we don't have a mass E.T. contact? If you see our behaviour, you can understand.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

He is just an old man who made a mistake. During this weekend I've read countless comments celebrating and humiliating this old man, and using it as an excuse to attack christians; like a hungry pack of wolves. No need to point a finger, since all comments we make can be found with a couple of mouse clicks, so we know who are them.

We, the real christians, disagree with anyone who claims to know God's schedule. We can see how this angry mob tried to put all of us in the same bag. These persons are worse than Mr. Camping and shouldn't be a place for them in our society. How many of you wonder why we don't have a mass E.T. contact? If you see our behaviour, you can understand.

How do you see Christianity with ET contact? Religion must go, before they come down. So yes I understand
edit on 23-5-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
It is not that people are attempting to lump Christians all into the same bag. The only resemblance your average Christian has with Mr. Camping is the belief in something that some us completely disagree with. For Mr. Camping it was his rapture prediction. For your average Christian it is this blind belief in a book written by man.

Mr camping made his prediction based on math he found in a book that I believe to be the best work of fiction ever written. So since his source is something I find questionable, it is only natural that I did not believe the prediction. It is also human nature for people to say, "I told you so". There should be no shock that you would see people saying, "I told you so" now. Do you not remember being a child and running around when you weren't supposed to? We all did it. Your mother would look at you and say, "Stop running, your going to hurt yourself". Of course we would stop, and then start up again. Again your mother would warn you and say, "Stop running. Your going to fall and hurt yourself". You stop, and of course in no time at all you start running around again. Eventually you fall down and hurt yourself. What happens next? My mom would look at me and say, "That is why I told you to stop running around, maybe next time you will listen" which is just another way of saying, "I told you so".

I do not understand why people feel sorry for Mr. Camping. He appears in the video to just be old and frail. He is almost 90 years old and guess what? He is old and frail. I am not sure if he is truly confused and bewildered. I do not know if he truly believed in his prediction. In any event, I do not feel bad for him at all. He made a very nice profit off his prediction, what is there to feel bad about? Life is full of let downs no matter what you believe, and as individuals are beliefs will continue to change until the day we die.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

We, the real christians, disagree with anyone who claims to know God's schedule.

We can see how this angry mob tried to put all of us in the same bag. These persons are worse than Mr. Camping and shouldn't be a place for them in our society.

Yesterday, I read several statements and/or comments from real christians, such as yourself, and also from some preachers. Some of the comments claimed to care and worry about the believers, who now realize that they were fooled.

I am not buying it.

this angry mob tried to put all of us in the same bag.

You real christians jumped into that bag on your own. You did not need assistance doing so.

Do you know why I say this?? I shall tell you. If you, and any of these other christians, actually cared, you would have done something to help these people out months ago.

I had first heard of this May 21st BS several months ago. Before Saturday, I did not see 1 single comment, statement, or video, by any christian or preacher, that contradicted any of these false teachings. If you actually cared, then you should have tried to help your fellow believers before the fact, instead of waiting until after their faith, along with their life savings, had been crushed.

I am sure there are some videos and/or comments about it, but if there was, they were weak. There was no real effort by "real christians," to help these other christian fools.

How does your god feel about you standing idly by, while your brothers in faith, were being brainwashed. If he actually existed, then he would not be too happy with you, would he?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join