It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Harold Camping - May 22nd

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Wow, ok, there is people hurting themselves over this. I am surprised at these reports.

This site should probably be shut down. The amount of doomsday threads on here is ridiculous. Threads full of fearmongering and certain death for many thousands. This could obviously be causing serious issues for some members of society. If there is proof that this old guy caused people to harm themselves god knows what some of the threads and this site are causing to people to do.

Its funny so many people attacking this old guy and yet this very site constantly peddles fearmongering.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
What is it at 1:03 that howers skywards from his head? Is it his soul rapturing?

No, this is noit a joke, there is something ascending from his head

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbove
What is it at 1:03 that howers skywards from his head? Is it his soul rapturing?

No, this is noit a joke, there is something ascending from his head

you mean the cobwebs?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

but then I think about the people that killed themselves, their pets, tried to kill their children, etc and that empathy starts to go away.

Links please?

I actually felt sorry for him - a defeated man. He whole basis of existence has been pulled from under him. I don't believe he did an evil thing. Delusional maybe...
edit on 23-5-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I UL'd the vid to YT, plus subtitles...

Happy Rapture Day! lol

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Family Radio....
The Oakland-based nonprofit has raised more than $100 million over the past seven years, according to tax returns. It owns 66 radio stations across the globe and was worth more than $72 million in 2009.

www.mercurynews.com...

Camping's organization, Family Radio, is perfectly happy to take your money -- and in fact, received $80 million in contributions between 2005 and 2009.

money.cnn.com...

Still feeling sorry for him?
Scam artist. Pure and simple.

Send me a similar amount and I'll tell you anything you want to hear - especially if I don't have to prove anything.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I hope he deals with it, by hanging himself. What a deluded old fool. how many people believed this guy?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterAndrew
I hope he deals with it, by hanging himself. What a deluded old fool. how many people believed this guy?

How rude... you really want this old man to hang himself and commit suicide?? You clearly have some issues and no compassion at all.

As far as how many people believed this man... who cares? Seriously, if you were so stupid to believe in what he was saying then my hopes is that you learned a valuable lesson. Maybe you learned to look at where the words come from. Maybe you learned to look at people's track records. Maybe you learned to stop taking people at their word and following your own heart and coming to your own conclusions.

Sadly the same people who believed this old man will probably latch onto the next doomsday prediction the same way they latched onto this one. So as far as I am concerned, they deserve what they get.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rydizz

My heart certainly goes out to him and the people who invested in his message about this.

To all those dogging, it's best left at 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone'. We've all been wrong about things in our life, and it's safe to bet that at least a few of those wrong decisions led to something bad for someone else.

It's just tragic that so many people bought into it heart and soul without considering the very real possibility that it was not correct, as seemed apparent to most of us. I hope they're more careful in the future and can get back on their feet quickly, and I hope mr. Camping can move forward while helping those who paid so dearly for this.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterAndrew

You've never brought harm to another either intentionally or accidentally during the course of your life?

As you judge, so shall you be judged. Be careful.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I'll not agree that ATS should shut down, but...

PEOPLE...SHOULD...BE...MORE...DISCERNING!

Stop living in fear, although bad definitely happens. Guess what - death comes to us all. The trick lies in truly LIVING while we can. Love, and be the change we wish to see in the world. Apply grains of salt liberally, and don't plan around easy outs or waivers of liability or continuity.

And be careful with pied pipers. They can easily be wrong, but they can also be such without malicious intent. You must always vouchsafe yourself and consider ALL possibilities - including the good ones although the bad are possible.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I feel very sorry for him and his followers. At the same time I am very angry with all people who seem to hate this planet so much, want to leave it and do nothing to heal the planet and all its living creatures. I believe their negative thoughts and feelings contribute to a lot of pathology and spiritual damage. I love this planet and want healing. It seems to me a lot of people literally want "the end" for us all so...to me they are enemies of life.
edit on 23-5-2011 by ChrisCrikey because: for clarity and spelling

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

There are hundreds of video's on youtube that have been posted for years refuting Camping prior to his failed prediction made by Christians that I have seen.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I can't find any sources that say he made money from this prediction. Although someone on another thread said he took about 74 Million. Is this correct? Is there a actual source saying this? Or is it wrong?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This man's face has been haunting me since viewing this video. He appears to be profoundly depressed and in a state of trauma. I think he needs to get out there and minister to his followers. He at least owes them some comforting words but I fear he is at the moment thinking real hard about whom to blame besides himself for all the pain he has caused.

I feel pain just knowing how many people, because of their religious beliefs actually hate this earth and all its inhabitants. We can honor the creator and the divine by loving this planet and living with what we have now and by trying to heal, nurture and be good stewards of this planet, not by hating it and wanting to leave and wishing suffering on those who do not believe the same as we believe. Stop the hate.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

Originally posted by Trueman
reply to post by 1Mind1Soul

He is just an old man who made a mistake. During this weekend I've read countless comments celebrating and humiliating this old man, and using it as an excuse to attack christians; like a hungry pack of wolves. No need to point a finger, since all comments we make can be found with a couple of mouse clicks, so we know who are them.

We, the real christians, disagree with anyone who claims to know God's schedule. We can see how this angry mob tried to put all of us in the same bag. These persons are worse than Mr. Camping and shouldn't be a place for them in our society. How many of you wonder why we don't have a mass E.T. contact? If you see our behaviour, you can understand.

How do you see Christianity with ET contact? Religion must go, before they come down. So yes I understand
edit on 23-5-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

There is no conflict between christianity and ET contact.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
I can't find any sources that say he made money from this prediction. Although someone on another thread said he took about 74 Million. Is this correct? Is there a actual source saying this? Or is it wrong?

Open thine eyes young one, and ye shall findeth that which thou ist seeking.

Or just click this

or click the back button, and go back to page 1.

scroll down. bottom half of the post.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Why don't you just say you hate christians and stop making circles? Do you have any....any knowledge about christianity? No, you don't. What make you think I have to go around telling the people what to believe or not? This is about something you don't have, it's called faith. Each person, christian or not, has a personal relation with God.

Of course I am 100% against the twisted people who started all this madness, but they had to understand how wrong they were by themselves. I don't know how come you came up with the idea to go and stop them "before it's too late".

Just to add this video for you, after watching it, you'll understand what is christianity a bit more.

edit on 23-5-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
Why does it sound like the guy videotaping this calls him "Mr Campos" instead of "camping" very odd.

I too feel a little bad for the guy after seeing him, but then I think about the people that killed themselves, their pets, tried to kill their children, etc and that empathy starts to go away.

I think the people whom killed loved ones or pets over a prediction are the sick and pathetic. I see no reason to hate or feel sorry for Harold camping. He has every right to believe in whatever he likes. You cant blame him for other peoples actions.

I forgot to add: Show me all the people who killed others over this prediction?
edit on 23-5-2011 by russ1969 because: added content.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
the worse part of camping and his prediction is that idiotic atheists and agnostics say stupid statements like "hahah i knew religion wuz bull# and all christians are stoopid" because they think his predction was supported by mainstream christianity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join