It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Harold Camping - May 22nd

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
If you tell people the end of the world is coming, and it doesn't, then shouldn't it be the end of the world for you anyways?

They used to stone people to death who did that years ago.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
Why does it sound like the guy videotaping this calls him "Mr Campos" instead of "camping" very odd.

I too feel a little bad for the guy after seeing him, but then I think about the people that killed themselves, their pets, tried to kill their children, etc and that empathy starts to go away.

The people who killed themselves/pets and family are responsible for those actions as adults/parents etc...he forced no one to do anything, he basically had an opinion that too many irresponsible and gullible people decided to buy into for a multitude of various reasons.

If it wasn't "this guy" preaching the end of the world it would have been "that guy" and those same irresponsible illogical gullible people would have used "that guy" instead of "this guy" as a vehicle of their own delusional madness that EVENTUALLY would have come to a head...

And for those who think I'm sticking up for this old guy...I'm not. In reality the old man and gullible people are both equally responsible but lets not let the people who believed this stuff off the hook just so we can say

"WE HAVE VICTIMS HERE....VICTIMS!!!! CRIME PUNISHMENT RAWR SMASH!!

really this was a match made in heaven (no pun intended lol)
....old demented man + religiosity + gullible = Rapture 2011

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
it seems he is flabbergasted news.yahoo.com...

Doomsday prophet, followers ‘flabbergasted’ world didn’t end
gee could it be that the end is not here yet, there is more to it than just math you know.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xianist
the worse part of camping and his prediction is that idiotic atheists and agnostics say stupid statements like "hahah i knew religion wuz bull# and all christians are stoopid" because they think his predction was supported by mainstream christianity.

You have strong words, but you're right.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterAndrew
I hope he deals with it, by hanging himself.

You need to read you own post, that's a terrible thought.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
Why don't you just say you hate christians and stop making circles?

That is not a very christian-ish statement to make, but I am not at all surprised to hear it from a 'real' christian. Why would I want to do that? I do not hate people for believing in something. I am just not fond of hypocrites.

Believe it or not, there are many christians in my family. Guess what they were doing on Saturday? A large gathering for an outdoor BBQ, along with the occasional flipping open of the cell phones to hop online and see what kind of news they could find about the other fools. Did they care? Didn't appear that way through my eyes.

Do you have any....any knowledge about christianity? No, you don't.

Lots of it. Which is how I know for a fact that the religion, and the churches, are packed full of hypocrites, but don't worry, there is still room for plenty more.

What make you think I have to go around telling the people what to believe or not? This is about something you don't have, it's called faith
I never said you had to do anything. I said that IF you actually cared, you SHOULD have tried. My entire point is that if any 'real' christian actually cared, they would have cared before Sunday. This was not a harmless event

Each person, christian or not, has a personal relation with God.
not true.

Of course I am 100% against the twisted people who started all this madness, but
they had to understand how wrong they were by themselves.

Did your god tell you that Lyn Benedetto's daughters had to learn it themselves? Is your god ok with the throats of children being sliced open by their mother, because she wanted to protect them? She did not want her 11 & 14 yr. old daughters to suffer during the May 21st 'Tribulation.' Is that some sort of lesson that they needed to learn on their own?

What about Joseph Haddad? Will this 14 yr. old boy live a happier life, now that he does not care about his own future?

“I don’t really have any motivation to try to figure out what I want to do,’’ said Joseph Haddad, 14, “because my main support line, my parents, don’t care.’’

articles.boston.com...

I don't hate christians. I hate this idea. I hate liars. I hate hypocrites. I despise people who put themselves upon their own pedestal and look down upon others, by pretending that they actually care.

watching it, you'll understand what is christianity a bit more.

No worries there, I understand it very well

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Oh my so much hatred. You should release yourself from hatred. Hatred only kills, steals, and destroys your life.

smurfs.wikia.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
At least Harold answered the door..99% of the people wouldn't have done that. I don't think Harold was out to swindle anyone.He was already a million air and spent his own money also on the billboards.I respect Harold for standing up for his convictions and not say one thing them do another like most people do. No matter what people think about this man he has guts.... The man is already about 90 yrs. old so I see no reason he would want to con people out of their money.I wish him the best and just hope he realizes now he can't predict the future...
edit on 23-5-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Mind1Soul

First off, I do not agree with his methods and I do not support his agenda, however I admire him for actually answering his own door and not hiding behind a pack of lawyers. I expected him to yell "no comment" and slam the door in the interviewers face, he gets a few points for handling it well in my opinion.
The only way he can redeem himself and wash the stink off is to give ALL the money back, the sooner the better.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Why does it sound like the guy videotaping this calls him "Mr Campos" instead of "camping" very odd.

I too feel a little bad for the guy after seeing him, but then I think about the people that killed themselves, their pets, tried to kill their children, etc and that empathy starts to go away.

I haven't heard anything about people killing themselves or their pets. Can you direct me to an article that states this? Thank you

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekerlady77

I haven't heard anything about people killing themselves or their pets. Can you direct me to an article that states this? Thank you

If you look at 3 posts above you & also on page one of this very thread then you would have your answer.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mclarenmp4

I stopped reading the thread when I saw it mentioned that people were killing themselves. thank you. Doesn't look like there was too many. Even though the story about the lady slitting throats is EXTREMELY disturbing. What a crazy @#@. She would have probably had killed them anyways, I think this was just an excuse. I love how she actually survived it. Figures. It is so frustrating.

All of this stuff is frustrating really. People need to chill out. Even if it was the end of the world, what will be will be. Nothing you can do about it.Right? or am I missing something.?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It seem Mr.Camping wants more money www.christianpost.com...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

He is just an old man who made a mistake. During this weekend I've read countless comments celebrating and humiliating this old man, and using it as an excuse to attack christians; like a hungry pack of wolves. No need to point a finger, since all comments we make can be found with a couple of mouse clicks, so we know who are them.

We, the real christians, disagree with anyone who claims to know God's schedule. We can see how this angry mob tried to put all of us in the same bag. These persons are worse than Mr. Camping and shouldn't be a place for them in our society. How many of you wonder why we don't have a mass E.T. contact? If you see our behaviour, you can understand.

How do you see Christianity with ET contact? Religion must go, before they come down. So yes I understand
edit on 23-5-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

There is no conflict between christianity and ET contact.

ET does not know Christianity. There is no such thing as religion out of this world. Its all to control this earth.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Why don't you just say you hate christians and stop making circles?

That is not a very christian-ish statement to make, but I am not at all surprised to hear it from a 'real' christian. Why would I want to do that? I do not hate people for believing in something. I am just not fond of hypocrites.

Believe it or not, there are many christians in my family. Guess what they were doing on Saturday? A large gathering for an outdoor BBQ, along with the occasional flipping open of the cell phones to hop online and see what kind of news they could find about the other fools. Did they care? Didn't appear that way through my eyes.

Do you have any....any knowledge about christianity? No, you don't.

Lots of it. Which is how I know for a fact that the religion, and the churches, are packed full of hypocrites, but don't worry, there is still room for plenty more.

What make you think I have to go around telling the people what to believe or not? This is about something you don't have, it's called faith
I never said you had to do anything. I said that IF you actually cared, you SHOULD have tried. My entire point is that if any 'real' christian actually cared, they would have cared before Sunday. This was not a harmless event

Each person, christian or not, has a personal relation with God.
not true.

Of course I am 100% against the twisted people who started all this madness, but
they had to understand how wrong they were by themselves.

Did your god tell you that Lyn Benedetto's daughters had to learn it themselves? Is your god ok with the throats of children being sliced open by their mother, because she wanted to protect them? She did not want her 11 & 14 yr. old daughters to suffer during the May 21st 'Tribulation.' Is that some sort of lesson that they needed to learn on their own?

What about Joseph Haddad? Will this 14 yr. old boy live a happier life, now that he does not care about his own future?

“I don’t really have any motivation to try to figure out what I want to do,’’ said Joseph Haddad, 14, “because my main support line, my parents, don’t care.’’

articles.boston.com...

I don't hate christians. I hate this idea. I hate liars. I hate hypocrites. I despise people who put themselves upon their own pedestal and look down upon others, by pretending that they actually care.

watching it, you'll understand what is christianity a bit more.

No worries there, I understand it very well

Broken circle for me you live in the truth more then the believer you commented on. I stand behind every word you typed.

I don't understand that some believe a corrupt book that is rewritten to manipulate the masses.
Isn't the bible written 300years after Jesus died?

Its a BOOK!!!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Just in Dutch MSM

Pastor: new date Apocalypse Update: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 08:25 The American Camping Christian minister who last Saturday had predicted the end of time, now says that the world October 21 decays. That was, he always had the date on which the earth is a fireball. He said earlier that most people would die in the meantime by disasters. He says that the apocalypse is taking place in one day, because God the people will suffer months. Camping is not worried about the followers who sold everything and cancellation of their jobs. That'll make it, he says. In the United States are now thousands of signs with the new date.

It seems that the 'REAL CHRISTIANS' have another chance of stopping this man

Original source

nos.nl... 29

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
translate.google.nl... burner%26utm_medium%3Dfeed%26utm_campaign%3DFeed%253A%2Bnosnieuws%2B%28NOS%2BTeletekst%29
edit on 24-5-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

He is just an old man who made a mistake. During this weekend I've read countless comments celebrating and humiliating this old man, and using it as an excuse to attack christians; like a hungry pack of wolves. No need to point a finger, since all comments we make can be found with a couple of mouse clicks, so we know who are them.

We, the real christians, disagree with anyone who claims to know God's schedule. We can see how this angry mob tried to put all of us in the same bag. These persons are worse than Mr. Camping and shouldn't be a place for them in our society. How many of you wonder why we don't have a mass E.T. contact? If you see our behaviour, you can understand.

How do you see Christianity with ET contact? Religion must go, before they come down. So yes I understand
edit on 23-5-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

There is no conflict between christianity and ET contact.

ET does not know Christianity. There is no such thing as religion out of this world. Its all to control this earth.

It's clear you are making an opinion about something you don't know. Some of the oldest testimonies of UFO sight and contacts are in the Bible. Also, when the Bible talks about "angels", Who do you think it is talking about?

One last thing you don't know : E.T. means extraterrestrial, so if angels are not born in Earth, that means they are.....yes, extraterrestrials. Please READ more than WRITE, you need it.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Just in Dutch MSM

Pastor: new date Apocalypse Update: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 08:25 The American Camping Christian minister who last Saturday had predicted the end of time, now says that the world October 21 decays. That was, he always had the date on which the earth is a fireball. He said earlier that most people would die in the meantime by disasters. He says that the apocalypse is taking place in one day, because God the people will suffer months. Camping is not worried about the followers who sold everything and cancellation of their jobs. That'll make it, he says. In the United States are now thousands of signs with the new date.

It seems that the 'REAL CHRISTIANS' have another chance of stopping this man

Original source

nos.nl... 29

Again, nobody has to stop nobody. That's the problem with you hard-headed atheists. You can't force people to believe or not something, it's up to you if you want to listen to this old man.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Cave paintings are older then A Book.

I am not an atheist

I believe that we are all coming from the same source, and that I will return there. I believe i am Immortal.

If you were born in Afgan you were a Muslim, If you were born in Isreal you were a Jew, If you are born in US you are Christian. ?? What are you the chosen species? See the BS in this.

I eliminated Books and people that work in 3th party institutions like churches. I believe in Myself, and the source we all came from. The one.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join