It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joplin Missouri Hammered Hard by tornadoes!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresenttense

Yeah and "where Dillons used to be" *a Grocery store*

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rancher1

I think the Dillons closed down awhile back. I don't know what is there now, but I think that was just an old landmark reference.

The Joplin High School, and Franklin Technical School are confirmed gone.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thanks for clarification, the Cop sounded real upset,,,

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Oh no patient at the Elks lodge has gone into shock.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
i seen the storm building before it got to Joplin and i knew they were gonna get it, I seen it wasn't going to stop so i headed over to St. Johns Hospital in Springfield and when i got in the building security took us down in the basement and put us in the lounge where we had a live video link to weather the storm.....thank god it didn't make it to Springfield, but if it had we were completely secure in that hospital fortress.

if anyone from Springfield doesn't have any place to weather a storm, don't hesitate to go to St.Johns to seek sanctuary, they wont turn you away and they will supply you with water and other comforts

its horrible about Joplin , I just wish others would have been better informed and found proper sanctuary

people should never be ashamed to fear storms, it may be the only thing that will save your life

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Found this posted on the scanner feed, FaceBook chat:

Google Maps of triage stations, photographs, etc...

maps.google.com... =12&source=embed

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
OK, here are some pictures my brother took this evening. From what I can tell, several of these pictures are from 20th street in Joplin, from Rangeline toward St.Louis/Connecticut street. There appears to be at least one photo of the high school.

Keep in mind, these areas are neighborhoods, not isolated buildings, so when you see one crumbling structure, keep in mind it there were probably many other structures adjacent and behind the crumbling one.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/210469755381.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c4c3b6bf97c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9145edb7e2c6.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/356b73217e88.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9557939937f2.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39cfde31c2d0.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d15c95b22d92.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
So sorry for everyone, and stay safe.

If you can't find anywhere to keep your pet/s, pet finder says there's three shelters, they might be able to help, if open for the emergency.
Pet Finder Pet Shelters

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

That is a great link, kind of puts what they are saying into perspective. The mobile Morgues are being sent into Green county, thats where I am near and thats a good hour and a half away.

This is a huge disaster and these guys are just being tested to the limits of their ability to respond, so far even though emotionally charged at times, they are holding it together really well.

These guys are having to call in DOAs all over the place, make no mistake this is going to be so tragic by morning.

So many people displaced. So many still under the rubble.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Found a photo of what used to be the Wal Mart.

www.newson6.com...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Thank you for that, for their furry loved ones as well, I was wondering about people's pets underneath all that hell-on-earth, too.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This is just stunning. My heart and prayers go out to all who have been affected.

Link to some damage pictures from News-Leader

A Twitpic of Joplin High School

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hazey

Yes we had that link on page 2. Hard to imagine that there may still be people trapped in there, at least according to other links given here and from google satellite.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggalette

The Newsleader pictures were just shocking. It is numbing. Who would ever guess that something this devastating could happen to a beautiful town like Joplin Missouri?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

They actually got a little lucky on the hospital situation. Freeman Hospital is within visual site of St. Johns Hospital. The tornado wiped out St. Johns, but only did minor damage to Freeman. Believe it or not, it could have been worse! We have always talked about what poor planning it was to have both hospitals so close together.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

It is numbing. I am a native of Birmingham, Alabama and after seeing what the tornadoes did there not even a month ago...I just can't even believe what I am seeing in Joplin...so sad.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Haven't seen this YouTube Video posted yet in this thread:

Never posted a youtube video here at ATS yet... hope it works.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
They just keep asking dispatch where to take the displaced, they don't seem to have answers, it is after 11pm here.

They keep asking to be advised on shelter for the people at that church. We know that there are over 150 people.

They are about to shut down for the night and to restart at sunrise.
edit on 22-5-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I am sure it is very dark there now which will make
search and rescue much more difficult. Sad

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

My brother just said, if anybody thinks us piddly little humans have any type of effect on the earth, just visit Joplin and see how insignificant we really are! In just a few minutes, mother nature can absolutely annihilate things that took years and years and years to build! Kind of a
and
moment at the same time?!?

He is heading over to Webb City High School, where he is a teacher, and he thinks they are about to open it up as an additional shelter for the displaced. He isn't sure yet though, he is only speculating until he gets there.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join