It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIPAC President to it's members: Don't boo Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Therefore, how we conduct ourselves during the conference, individually and collectively, is a matter of great importance. Because we know that you–Democrats, Republicans, and Independents–come to this conference with one overriding concern–a stronger U.S.-Israel alliance–we ask that you act and react to every speech, address, and briefing, that will be offered as part of the conference program in only the most positive manner.

www.politico.com...

Members of an American pressure group which supports Israel First are begged not to boo President Obama, who is due to address them today, by their president.

I suppose presenting a peace plan that basically plays in to Israeli demands and ignores a lot of the Occupied Palestinians worries is defintely something to boo about, right?

AIPAC is a disgrace.

www.theyeshivaworld.com...:-Please-Don%27t-Boo-Obama-During-His-Speech.html

Coupled with this the threats are already eminating about a reduction in funding to Obama for reelection from the Jewish and Israel First sector.

``I have spoken to a lot of people in the last couple of days -- former supporters -- who are very upset and feel alienated,'' billionaire real estate developer and publisher Mortimer Zuckerman said. ``He'll get less political support, fewer activists for his campaign, and I am sure that will extend to financial support as well.'' Zuckerman backed Obama during his 2008 presidential run and the newspaper he owns, the New York Daily News, endorsed the president.

``He has in effect sought to reduce Israel's negotiation power and I condemn him for that,'' former New York Mayor Ed Koch told Reuters. Koch said he might not campaign or vote for Obama if Republicans nominate a pro-Israel candidate who offers an alternative to recent austere budgetary measures backed by Republicans in Congress

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The question I ask myself and you all is why would Israelis and Israel supporters be so up in arms about Obama's proposals? In his speech Obama basically carried on the theme of negotations set since Clinton.

The only reason I can think of that have got tham all so enraged is becasue they have come to the conclusion that they do not want a Palestinian State to exist at all and never have done.

"We must expel Arabs and take their places." -- David Ben Gurion, 1937, Ben Gurion and the Palestine Arabs, Oxford University Press, 1985.

"How can we return the occupied territories? There is nobody to return them to." -- Golda Meir, March 8, 1969.

"We walked outside, Ben-Gurion accompanying us. Allon repeated his question, what is to be done with the Palestinian population?' Ben-Gurion waved his hand in a gesture which said 'Drive them out!'" Yitzhak Rabin, leaked censored version of Rabin memoirs, published in the New York Times, 23 October 1979.

"[Israel will] create in the course of the next 10 or 20 years conditions which would attract natural and voluntary migration of the refugees from the Gaza Strip and the west Bank to Jordan. To achieve this we have to come to agreement with King Hussein and not with Yasser Arafat." -- Yitzhak Rabin (a "Prince of Peace" by Clinton's standards), explaining his method of ethnically cleansing the occupied land without stirring a world outcry. (Quoted in David Shipler in the New York Times, 04/04/1983 citing Meir Cohen's remarks to the Knesset's foreign affairs and defense committee on March 16.)

"When we have settled the land, all the Arabs will be able to do about it will be to scurry around like drugged cockroaches in a bottle." Raphael Eitan, Chief of Staff of the Israeli Defense Forces, New York Times, 14 April 1983.

"Israel should have exploited the repression of the demonstrations in China, when world attention focused on that country, to carry out mass expulsions among the Arabs of the territories." -- Benyamin Netanyahu, then Israeli Deputy Foreign Minister, former Prime Minister of Israel, speaking to students at Bar Ilan University, from the Israeli journal Hotam, November 24, 1989.

www.monabaker.com...

Ah....

Netanyahu and his supporters will look to stall negotiations until 'the facts on the ground' make a real, viable & contiguous Palestinian state impossible.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Ahh but they said nothing about shoe throwing!!

edit on 22-5-2011 by FullVisionProject because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FullVisionProject
Ahh but they said nothing about show throwing!!
shoe not show or maybe im wrong?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FullVisionProject

That is true, however that is more of an Arab show of disrespect.

I think the thought of being associated with any Arab in cultural terms would make many of those attending the speech today feel physically sick.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

oops nope, not wrong lol

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
We can all watch and wait to see if Obama is booed or if he retreats in to the standard grovelling position US politicans take when addressing AIPAC.

www.c-span.org...

10.30 ET.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I hope they boo the hell out of him.
for hours.....

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
LOOK jews only make up 2% of american voters.

obama made the call. he is going with the sentiments of the vast majority of americans and the rest of the world.

if jews do not like him anymore or do not want to back his campaign or the democrats. it is not a big f**kin problem.

theres s**tloads of cash coming in from the other side...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

Assuming ONLY Jews are pro-Israel....

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by i am just saying
reply to post by FuGGer

Assuming ONLY Jews are pro-Israel....

there is no other voting demographic that is as fanatical and blind as the jews when it come to issues about israel.

anyone that is even mildly intelligent that does not have any ties to any factions will see the injustice, persecution, maltreatment of the palestinians.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

Palestinians lost, if they can't get what they want, they need to move on, this is getting old.
To the victor goes the spoils. losers need not apply.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by i am just saying
reply to post by FuGGer

Palestinians lost, if they can't get what they want, they need to move on, this is getting old.
To the victor goes the spoils. losers need not apply.

LOL. you poor misguided kid.

i hope you use your time on ATS to educate yourself on realities.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Then I shall BOO even louder!

Screw AIPAC and anyone else who tries to silence their members.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by i am just saying

If the US cut off the illegal aid
( nuclear weapons makes it ALL ILLEGAL ahem)
The loser state would fail
and palistine would still be there

the uS britian and israel againt palistein
haha
judging by the odds that's "Triple loser" without illegal aid

now there is a bill in the uS to prevent people from taking out there 401 ks
so the government of the uS can take that money and give it to Israel
losers
edit on 22-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

Truman may have recognised Israel becasue of the Jewish vote, but I dont think it is the case today. I think the Jewish-American vote will be solidy Democrat in the next election whatever Obama tries to do in regards to the peace process.

The reason 'Sane' American politicans pander to Isreal isn't becasue of the Jewish vote, but becasue of the large donations and backing offered by AIPAC and threat of being slandered in the press if they stand against Israel.

The 'Insane' American politicans back Israel becasue of idelogy, their religous beliefs and general loathing & fear of any Arab people.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Well of course Aipac is mad at Obama, his idea of peace is based on the 1967 borders. Aipac would rather have a greater Isreal with an apartheid system of govt to keep the people Palastine as a cheap labor force with no rights. Yup Hitler would be proud of the way the Jews have turned out, he couldnt have done any better himself.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The Palestinians made their own bed..er...dirt pad,
they can lay in it or move on.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
A supporter of AIPAC, Jennifer Rubin, in the Washington Post

It is also not “right wing” or “hawkish” or “conservative.” Josh Block, a Democratic activist and former AIPAC spokesman, e-mailed me: AIPAC is a bipartisan organization whose members — Americans of all faiths and backgrounds — support the U.S.-Israel relationship because it is good for America, our values and our national security. While it is true that the membership is overwhelmingly made up of Democrats — not surprising, since most Jews are Democrats — the organization is neither liberal or conservative, not left or right. Rather, it is an umbrella pro-Israel organization whose membership holds a wide diversity of views, but agrees on one thing — along with 80+ percent of American voters, who believe Israel is one of our closest and most important friends in the world.

www.washingtonpost.com...

So because AIPAC includes Democrats it is not right wing or Hawkish. Some of the most Hawish members of the Senate are Democrats. They voted for the invasion of Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya.

In the lack of coordination with our ally and the distinctly pro-Palestinian slant, Obama confirms his distinction as the president least sympathetic to Israel and most disruptive of the peace process.

However Israel's coordination in attempting to humiliate America at every turn is on the ball every time. Such as Israeli expansion of illegal settlements everytime this US administration is the slightest bit critical of Israeli policy.

But Obama isn’t going to prejudge that issue like he did Israel’s borders. Every previous American president would have (or has) stated precisely what Netanyahu did. Only this president has sought to change the rules under which Israel, the United States and the rest of the world have operated for 63 years. Obama apparently takes Jewish votes so for granted that he thinks he can say or do just about anything without denting their support or enthusiasm.

As if these rules she writes of have done anything to further a peacful reconcilliation of the conflict. All they have done is address Israeli security concerns and expansionist policies, whilst ignoring the Palestinians. Also notice the underlying threat of Jewish voters turning away from Obama, which is a lie in my opinion. The majority of Jewish Americans are more intereted in what Obama has planned for their their country, THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA rather than the foreign policy in relation to Israel.

Her arrogance in this piece is reflective of the AIPAC she claims

may be the most misunderstood and defamed group in the country.

edit on 22-5-2011 by Peruvianmonk because: Rephrasing

edit on 22-5-2011 by Peruvianmonk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
There are some protests occuring outside the AIPAC meeting.

Activists, dressed as Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton welcomed AIPAC members first thing in the morning, toting signs with slogans such as "Keep Diplomacy Impotent!" and signs supporting Palestinian right of return. One display erected on the grounds included two soldiers dressed in pink and armed with a toy gun, pushing around a pregnant Palestinian woman and dropping her to the ground.

www.haaretz.com...

I wonder if any of these protestors are members of ATS? I hope so.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Obama is speaking now at AIPAC.

www.c-span.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join