It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIPAC President to it's members: Don't boo Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
It looked painful for Obama to speak at AIPAC.

U.S. President Barack Obama said Sunday before the AIPAC conference in Washington that the U.S. commitment to Israel's security is 'ironclad' and that the U.S. will demand that Hamas recognize Israel's right to exist. The U.S. president also urged Hamas to release abducted Israel Defense Forces soldier Gilad Shalit.

www.haaretz.com...

Israel will not be negotiating with Hamas but with the PA.

What about the thousands of Palestinian prisoners langushing in Israeli jails without due process?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuGGer
LOOK jews only make up 2% of american voters.

As if the percentage of votes someone has makes even a fraction of the impact how much money one can contribute to a campaign does.

Corporations have zero votes. But they contribute billions of dollars to campaign advertising. And they get their needs met.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
What about the thousands of Palestinian prisoners langushing in Israeli jails without due process?

effem, they are there for good reason...let them rot.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I notice Obama seems to have fallen for the line Israeli officals are spinning, that crictisim and protests against Israel are an attempt to question Israel's existence.

"You also see our commitment to Israel’s security in our steadfast opposition to any attempt to de-legitimize the State of Israel. As I said at the United Nation’s last year, 'Israel’s existence must not be a subject for debate,' and 'efforts to chip away at Israel’s legitimacy will only be met by the unshakeable opposition of the United States,'" he assured his audience.

www.ynetnews.com...

Just so fellow posters are aware, I will refuse to rise to any, what I deem as ignorant, dumb pointless posts.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This is what will continue to happen if no real peace process is restarted.

Palestinian refugees are planning a fresh round of marches on Israel next month, amid signs that grassroots protests could gain momentum from deep disillusion over the prospects for peace talks and the impact of the Arab Spring.

A committee behind demonstrations last weekend, in which 14 people were killed on the Lebanese and Syrian borders, have called for further protests on 5 June to mark the anniversary of the 1967 Six Day War, during which Israel occupied the West Bank, Gaza, East Jerusalem and the Golan Heights. The rallying call is likely to be given added impetus by Israel's rejection on Friday of Barack Obama's explicit backing for a Palestinian state based on pre-1967 borders.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Surely a 3rd Intifada will follow soon.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
More from Obama's speech.

“There was nothing particularly original in my proposal,” he said. “This basic framework for negotiations has long been the basis for discussions among the parties, including previous U.S. administrations.”

www.nytimes.com...

That is the problem really. There are no sticks for Israel only carrott's.

What country would change their policy if they were being so handsomly rewarded by their best friend whilst engaging in their current policy?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by FuGGer
LOOK jews only make up 2% of american voters.

As if the percentage of votes someone has makes even a fraction of the impact how much money one can contribute to a campaign does.

Corporations have zero votes. But they contribute billions of dollars to campaign advertising. And they get their needs met.

you dont think obama knows that?

do you think he would "throw you under the bus" if he didnt have other guaranteed sources?

theres s**tloads of donations coming in from the other side of the pasture.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

I think it would be more the political fallout with the elite that would worry Obama than the Jewish vote and/or the donors.

Can you imagine the field day the Republicans/Tea Party/Fox News/Anti- Defamation League would have if Obama really and I mean really try to force Israels hand on to peace by say threatening to without U.S. military aid?

He would be painted as a terrorist lover/holocasut denier/weak on defense blah blah blah, he would not survive the fallout.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hamas have responded to Obama's speech at AIPAC.

Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri was quoted by Ma'an news agency as saying that Obama's speech showed the U.S. government will continue "to support the occupation at the expense of the freedom of the Palestinian people." Moreover, Abu Zuhri emphasized that the U.S. "will fail" in forcing Hamas "to recognize the occupation."

www.haaretz.com...

Obviously any peace treaty will include a Hamas recognition of Israel but I do understand the position of Hamas. If they recognise Israel now, (certinly not as a Jewish state) they lose the only card they hold.

Remember as well, if Netanyahu wishes to negotiate it will be with the PA not with Hamas.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

reply to post by FuGGer

I think it would be more the political fallout with the elite that would worry Obama than the Jewish vote and/or the donors.

Can you imagine the field day the Republicans/Tea Party/Fox News/Anti- Defamation League would have if Obama really and I mean really try to force Israels hand on to peace by say threatening to without U.S. military aid?

He would be painted as a terrorist lover/holocasut denier/weak on defense blah blah blah, he would not survive the fallout.

# like that happens with our without obamas policy announcements.

birthers? that hes a muslim...lol. being called a holocaust denier, terrorist lover...is not going to change a thing.

fox news? lol. i might as well watch north korean news/propaganda.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Obviously any peace treaty will include a Hamas recognition of Israel but I do understand the position of Hamas. If they recognise Israel now, (certinly not as a Jewish state) they lose the only card they hold.

Remember as well, if Netanyahu wishes to negotiate it will be with the PA not with Hamas.

seriously who cares what hamas thinks or owns up to. childish much?

would things be better if hamas acknowledges the right for israel to exist but yet still fires missiles into israel?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FuGGer

fox news? lol. i might as well watch north korean news/propaganda.

Ha ha, I like that quote a lot.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Below shows how much the average Jewish American rank Israel in scale of importance compared with the 'Israel First' donors.

In the end, it didn't turn out that way. As the Wall Street Journal reported in an article titled "Jewish Donors Warn Obama on Israel," a tiny (but incredibly well-heeled) group of donors told Obama in advance that any deviation from the line laid down by Netanyahu would cost Obama in campaign contributions. The article quotes a bunch of fat cats, unknown to most Jewish Americans, who are essentially threatening Obama.

It's crazy. In 2008, 78 per cent of Jews voted for Obama. According to the definitive American Jewish Committee poll, Israel ranks seventh on the list of issues on which Jews cast their votes, with just three per cent citing it as their top concern. Fifty-four per cent mentioned the economy, and many more cited health care, energy and a host of other issues.

english.aljazeera.net...
edit on 23-5-2011 by Peruvianmonk because: Spelling.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Just before seeing this thread I had a thought, no wonder the American president is never Jewish, if he were, it would look even more ridiculous for Israel to boss him around. With a goy as president at least the Jews can act like they're in charge of the negotiations.

My only question to the Jews and Jew-supporters is this: If Israel is so quick to twist America's arm into supporting Israel 100%, even more so than American ideals, Israel first--even in America, then why bother having America as an ally at all? If Israel is "God's chosen" then why would they need support of a country that doesn't understand their territorial issues?

Ron Paul is going to hit this one out of the park when they ask him about it: Israel should not have to beg the U.S. for decision making powers, since that is a violation of their own sovereignty. If Israel wants to bulldoze the Palestinian land, don't ask the U.S. for approval. And if Palestine wants to attack Israel, Israel better figure out a way to protect itself without billions in aid from the US. Ron Paul also says cutting off foreign aid would make more peace for Israel since more aid goes to Arab countries that Israel is enemies with to begin with.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
AIPAC note to membership: Remember stick to game plan........Obama has to show that he is not our patsy to get reelected.......don't boo him or the goy will notice us.......remember the protocols, infiltrate and unsurp but remain in shadows...... END OF TRANSMISSION bleep.

edit on 23-5-2011 by MinorityReporter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join