It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible reason for FEMA camps

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Greetings,

The past couple of years has brought mad speculation on FEMA concentration camps. It seems that most people, at least on this forum, are convinced the government is conspiring to enslave the population. Personally, I find the evidence for these camps lacking and frankly, incredible. Nevertheless, I will set aside my skepticism and assume these camps are real.

Stories of these 'concentration camps' began shortly after Hurricane Katrina. Everyone was pissed off at FEMA for being so slow in getting help to those poor folks. FEMA looked bad. After Katrina, FEMA was re-organized so the same thing would not happen again. Now imagine instead of shoving 100,000 people into a sports stadium, there was a better solution. A FEMA camp. A camp set up with communication equipment, hospitals, beds, water, fuel, food, and anything else a refugee might need. Think how much less heartache would have occurred if loved ones were able to be located and identified.

Now, god forbid, a terrorist decides to nuke a city. What do you do with all those people who have been displaced? What do you do with all those people who are infected with radiation? How can loved one's be in contact with each other? The answer is, a refugee camp. A FEMA camp. If your city was nuked and you had no water, food, doctors, clothes, communication. etc. would you not ask for help? Would a FEMA camp not be a godsend?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I think you are right in a sense. personally, from reading and absorbing all the info on the camps i could find, i believe they are there for your mentioned reasons as well as for a possible flu or viral epidemic. i believe this because the ones i have seen have barbed wire round them like....well like concentration camps or prisons. if you had a viral outbreak you'd want to keep people in. but for a natural disaster im not sure how people would react to being caged.

Also, the combination of the many plastic coffins stacked around adds little credence to this theory for me.

I also look at tv patterns which sounds silly but i have noticed more virus and deadly flu themes from the event to the colony season 2. we are always being prepared for things.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Truth be told.... that's the reason...

But what fun is that?

Nazi like death camps that were designed to imprison and start the genocide millions of American's just sounds cooler

Oh the mind of the conspiracy theorist...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
What if they are going to be used for POW's or refugee's from wars that America have started in other country's? hmmmmmmmm

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ElGatoLoco0698

hi, i was caught up in the fema ideas and all of them were bad,
but thinking about it now, you could be right...dave

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Ok, well assuming they do exist, and assuming your idea is correct, then why would they keep it be a secret?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

If it was meant to be a secret...

then the Cat is definitely out of the bag... just look around on ATS lol

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Imagine a war on US soil (I know - absurd), and there's chaos, panic, destruction and such. If you're one of the people hiding in a 'camp', would you want the location secret? I certainly wouldn't want the coordinates posted on a website for the entire world to see.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CN1018

Imagine a war on US soil (I know - absurd), and there's chaos, panic, destruction and such. If you're one of the people hiding in a 'camp', would you want the location secret? I certainly wouldn't want the coordinates posted on a website for the entire world to see.

There are very few militaries that would attack an innocent refugee camp. Nothing is to be accomplished or gained by doing so. So the only real threat on a refugee camp is terrorism.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Katrina was indeed the catalyst for the idea of Fema "camps". The reasons for the installations are pretty much what you already noted.

Military bases are reinforced in terms of how the buildings are constructed. They are designed to take damage and still be operational. They also have isloated communications as well as isolated power supplies, again allowing them to be operational when everything else is shut down.

There is nothing sinister behind the legislation (check govtracker and read through the bill). Its intended to be used as a last resort. The concept is to allow people who are displaced by mass disaster the ability to slowly move forward while having basic neccesities (food, shelter, water, education for children etc).

Prepare for the worst and hope ofr the best.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure I'd heard of FEMA camps before Katrina, way back in the 90's, if they are a continuation of Ollie Norths work I would guess that some have existed since the mid to late 80's.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

I never really bought the whole "concentration camp" idea, I really hope that isn't what they're meant to be. I know a few people that work for FEMA...they don't seem evil.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
While I understand the idea of good use for a FEMA camp, I and my family will be running in the opposite direction.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Yes, it is obvious that the OP is correct by saying these camps are for disaster preparedness, nukes or disease outbreaks, etc...the conspiracy, however, is that the government is going to intentionally CAUSE these disasters in order to have an excuse and societal support for imprisoning large segments of the population.

Regardless of what government apologists might say, these camps and the people that thought them up and run them are unspeakably evil, and one day they will be viewed in the same way as Nazi concentration camps by students of history.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

um, then what are all the industrial ovens for? and why do they have prison style turstyles if they are just for emergency.its all well and good to say those wacky conspiracy theorists are wrong.but actually adress what they're saying....

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Most of these places have layers of fences and barbed wire positioned as such to keep people in, not out (who do you need to keep out?!), guard towers, high security sections etc. They are prisons, not humanitarian centres, as well as processing facilities to hold people while they are waiting to be transferred to other areas via the train links that are almost always nearby. Very little in the way of provisions for the public. Not exactly a fun holiday camp for the kids.

Refugeed (not a word, but you know what I mean & I can't be assed to find a better one
) Americans don't need to be "held" anywhere, they just need to be given assistance until they can return home, or given provisions (camping gear, food etc) and allowed to go on their way if they so wish until they can return home.

My guess is these are for rounding up "undesirables" during martial law, war time, response to false flag etc - illegal immigrants, dissenters, 'enemy combatants' or citizens of foreign warring countries, anyone identified as 'terrorist' or in an organised citizen militia. Yes, it's evil.

Not really a conspiracy theory either, it's quite logical - if you were an authoritarian dictator (including elected officials with increased powers during 'emergencies') who had a certain plan, there would be people opposed to those plans. The long-term prisons are already full and couldn't accommodate the number of people required and process them like cattle (logistics is the most important feature of these camps), so you'd have to have somewhere else to put them.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Fema camps had been planned and began being set up in the early 1990"s if not before. I have no idea where any one gets the idea they began after Katrina. The idea at that time was to be holding camps for internal disorder. Like citizens who don't agree with such things as a police state.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
the fema camp rumors started with one Pam Schuffert..
most of the old links are dead now but here is a mention of her and the camps from 2001..

www.rumormillnews.com...
edit on 22-5-2011 by pccat because: improper splelling

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
During the Katrina fiasco, camps were set up and also used the keep folks in/out idea. It was to streamlline the process of accounting for who was there and for those who were inside receiving help/food/medical. All you have to do is speak to those effected or google for the way these camps were set up and why. There is a lot of conspiracy concerning it, but consider the type that they were guarding and what they were guarding from.

Im from New Orleans originally. For decades.. hurricane comes and you leave. You dont wait until the last moment when its gridlock. You live in the area.. you KNOW what the risks are and with hurricanes you have plenty of heads up. Common sense. We did this numerous times over my childhood and as far back as I can recall.. everyone knew about the bad levies and "punch bowl". It was nothing new. It wasnt something that blindsided by this disaster. Not everyone was stuck there by things beyond their control.. most stayed out of stupidity and ignorance... and had their hands out for the good govt to protect or help them. Before someone gets their pantie4s wadded.. I didnt say all.. some folks had no choice. All you have to do is observe the majority.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think peoples concerns stem from the handling and "processing" of citizens at the 2008 DNC. They basically rounded people up and threw then into a cage of a prison, fed them sandwiches, and arrainged them without and attorney or even due process. Nobody on the outside even knew who was even in there. They could have just made em disappear, and nobody would have known what happened to them. www.wsws.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join