It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible reason for FEMA camps

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiphappa14
reply to post by ElGatoLoco0698

um, then what are all the industrial ovens for? and why do they have prison style turstyles if they are just for emergency.its all well and good to say those wacky conspiracy theorists are wrong.but actually adress what they're saying....

Care to link us to your source for industrial ovens as well as your source that suggests they will be used for something other than food?

Also, that would be the reason for industrial ovens.... The number of people that would need to be fed would be pretty large. Military bases are designed to feed only so many people, and their resources in that area are going to be liimited to that size.

Add in a major influx of people who are anything but in military physicial condition, and you have a lot of people who need more than just 3 meals a day.

quit being paranoid..

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Let me quote my other post in a thread on the matter.

post by Wolf321

In 2008 I did a thread about how FEMA was not using their camps for emergencies. This was 3 years after Katrina and long after any accusations on FEMA 'death' camps.

These camps, while they can serve the purpose, they aren't being used to aid the people in an emergency. Many of the locations also exhibit characteristics more akin to detention or prison camps than for any humanitarian purpose.

In all the emergencies that have happened in the past 20 years, I have not seen evidence or heard accounts of any of the numerous camps being used.

My money is on their purpose being nefarious.

Many of the camps existed before Katrina. They were not used when Katrina hit. After Katrina, FEMA became more pronounced, funded and people were more aware of them. Later on when Gustav hit and people were evacuating, FEMA wasn't trucking anyone to their camps.

The design of many of these camps have the security features focused inwards, as if to keep people in, not threats out.

When whatever 'Zombie Apocalypse' comes, I will not be herded into a camp and parented by the Government. I will make due with whatever supplies I have and skills I posses. I will die a free man here before ever being caged by the government 'for my own good.'

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Let me quote my other post in a thread on the matter.

post by Wolf321

In 2008 I did a thread about how FEMA was not using their camps for emergencies. This was 3 years after Katrina and long after any accusations on FEMA 'death' camps.

These camps, while they can serve the purpose, they aren't being used to aid the people in an emergency. Many of the locations also exhibit characteristics more akin to detention or prison camps than for any humanitarian purpose.

In all the emergencies that have happened in the past 20 years, I have not seen evidence or heard accounts of any of the numerous camps being used.

My money is on their purpose being nefarious.

Many of the camps existed before Katrina. They were not used when Katrina hit. After Katrina, FEMA became more pronounced, funded and people were more aware of them. Later on when Gustav hit and people were evacuating, FEMA wasn't trucking anyone to their camps.

The design of many of these camps have the security features focused inwards, as if to keep people in, not threats out.

When whatever 'Zombie Apocalypse' comes, I will not be herded into a camp and parented by the Government. I will make due with whatever supplies I have and skills I posses. I will die a free man here before ever being caged by the government 'for my own good.'

I beg to differ. I'd like to see the evidence of these FEMA camps in Louisiana. Also, when the government orders a hurricane evacuation, there is no need to use the FEMA camps. The purpose of the camps is not to house hurricane evacuees. Evacuees can evacuate to other safer cities. FEMA camps are a last resort. Perfectly healthy people fleeing a hurricane is a far cry from a cataclysm with hundreds of thousands of casualties.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

First, some of the seemingly purpose built and nefarious camps are not in Louisiana. Many of the FEMA camps as listed in some list, are not single purpose. The ones that sit unused with inward turned security wire and surveillance, those are the ones I am concerned about.

Second, if FEMA is going to have to use money during and after an event to buy, transport, stage trailers etc, then that is a double dip in the taxpayers pockets IMO and in that case they should just use the dang camps. We all know they don't want the layouts and truth of some of these to come out though.
edit on 23-5-2011 by Wolf321 because: clarification

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
There is a perfectly sane and valid reason for fema camps that have barbed wire and fencing. Just think of how many prisons and forensic mental wards that are in the USA.
Recent storms, including one reminder tonight in Joplin MO, show us that no building is safe from destruction. During such desctruction relocation of dangerous, and not dangerous inmates must take place. When an entire town is wiped out in minutes it is a good thing to know that we are ready to place these dangerous ones imediately and without questioning where to put them.

Also fema is extremely helpful during these situations. I mentioned in another thread here that we have some fema workers here at my hotel right now, they are still assisting families who lost there homes here in my town last month from tornados. They are even helping people replace the food they lost from power outages, and are quite generous at that! Nice people too, I enjoy talking with them in the mornings, and they are out there from daylight to dark every day, 7 days a week.

I am inclined to think that fema is a great agency, and not meant to evolve into some social support system, with the people I have met from fema, I would say not a one of them would be capable or would, participate in any activity that isn't strictly to aid those in need.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

First, from the videos and photos I have seen regarding the 'secure' FEMA camps, the main interior buildings do not match the exterior security. They seem mostly to want to keep a passive group of people confined and NOT a dangerous or violent group of inmates or mental patients.

I agree, that the average FEMA employee is not the kind who would be involved in said FEMA camps. Most likely, in peace time upper echelon administrators keep tabs on them, but in use, it would likely be operated by military, or paramilitary force.

FEMA can and does serve a useful and mostly benign purpose. So do many other government agencies. That is how they are able to fund and use them for 'other' purposes.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I came from Florida to feed first responders & evacuees, my hometown in Fl got flattened by Charlie. I thought I would be prepared for the devastation...I had no idea. I couldn't get to Chalmette as Interstate was still under water. We worked & lived in a Fema Tent City for 5 months Sept to Feb. Served 2000 squares 3 times a day, 18 hr days 7 days a week. Yes I got paid, but also stayed after! We were across from the red smoke stack Murphy? I lived in army tents and served pretty darn good food. Yes they were many problems all kinds from all kinds of people, but my lord, who wouldn't? Just wanted you know first hand their was no conspiracy or racism in St Bernard Parrish & I miss all my friends over the 5 months of seeing them daily. Oh as well they had docs, they utilized cruise ships, structual engineers live in tents as well. It was a "Command Center" before & during the evacuees would find us.Peace

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I will start by saying that I am in no way a Holicaust denier.
One of Pieces of evidence that is given is that:

"every body that was autopsied showed no signs of gas but TYPHUS."

Maybe these are for a pandemic of sorts.

Time to flee to Madagascar.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by novemberecho
Time to flee to Madagascar.

Ironic... Madagascar was part of the Nazi plans prior to the final solution. All Jews were to be exiled to the Island until they could figure it out. Sadly the Nazis did figure it out, and deportation to Madagascar was not it.

The holocaust argument ranks up their with the 9/11 argument. People seem to ignore facts and independent eye witness accounts if those facts don't support their position.

The holocaust occurred.... It was very real... Prisoners did die of natural causes primarily because of the way they were treated. Inhumane living conditions, little to no food, extremely hard labor, people being executed just because, the showers..... Even officers in the general army saw the atrocities and were outraged. That is supported by the many attempts to try and kill Hitler while trying to isolate the SS.

With this being said, what the hell does the holocaust have to do with FEMA and peoples paranoia of it?
edit on 12-5-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Hahaha that is! I was referring to the game "Pandemic II"
It's one of those games that you an play online. Like a flash game.

The goal is to infect the entire planet with your disease.

In Pandemic 2, you're given the choice to create one of the three aforementioned diseases, each having its own inherent strengths and weaknesses. For example, a virus can evolve the fastest, has a bonus to infectivity, but can be most negatively affected by its environment. A parasite, on the other hand, evolves the slowest, but is least affected by the environment and has the lowest visibility. These are the three main traits of your disease; lethality, infectivity and visibility. The higher the lethality, the easier and faster it will claim victims. Infectivity represents its contagiousness, dependent on factors like how it's transmitted (rodents, insects, airborne, waterborne) and also symptoms like sneezing, coughing and more. Lastly, your disease's visibility should be as low as possible to prevent people from taking notice (and then taking action to contain it). Ingeniously, many of the same symptoms that help spread your disease like sneezing and coughing will also increase its visibility, as will other symptoms like dementia, vomiting and depression. Too much visibility and you'll be met with closed borders, grounded airplanes and even vaccines being developed, all of which are the enemy of any respectable disease.

AND MADAGASCAR ALWAYS SHUTS DOWN EVERYTHING AND CLOSES ITS PORTS BEFORE YOU CAN INFECT IT.

So frustrating. XD

Link to game: www.crazymonkeygames.com...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by novemberecho

lol my bad...

I have played the game and I had the exact same issue.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Will someone please tell me who will be holding the guns for this "police state"? The Army has too many who resist the idea,to include the JCS.JSOC doesn't have the man power even with all the contractors they can find,not to mention the effort would be opposed from within(Has anyone read "The resistor"?).The marines unsupported may hold a medium state for about a month.Foreign troops suck at fighting us and England or Canada won't do it.so that would leave Germany who is so orderly they would be overwhelmed by chaos(outside their country) in about 2 months.China wouldn't make it to the coast.Russia isn't that stupid.so who exactly would be the military of this police state?
Ok lets look at a few farfetched scenarios.All the kidnapped kids are now soldiers having been brainwashed underground so there are thousands. Nope we are a million strong in....hunters.Aliens would have already done it so that leaves us starting a war to bring about our own destruction....nope JCS keeps stopping that one too.
So who then?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Its all hype and paranoia that stems from peoples distruct of the government while at the same time not taking the time to follow through with due dilligence and research on their own.

I jave asked the same questions when people talk about FEMA or a coup.

To pull it off would require cooperations from every single member of the government, at all levels, top to bottom. All military units at the fEderal level, Federal Law enforcement etc etcetc..

State government, state / local law enforcement, state guard units etc etcetc.

I took an oath to support and defend the US and State constitution and to protect the citizens who entrsuted me to enforce laws on their behalf. When Katrina hit NOPD wnt door to door collecting weapons. When it was all done and over with the US Supreme Court took NOPD to task, raking them over the coals and then holding them to the coals while admonishing them about their civil rights violations.

I would not comply with an order to seize weapons from law abiding citizens...
If faced with the decision of supporting the government or supporting the people my resignation rom the pd would be immediate.

I am willing to wager im not the only person who feels that way as well as wagering that response wont be restricted to just law enforcement.

With that being said I dont beleive we are anywhere close to a situation like that. People fear what they dont understand. If people researched FEMA, its new mandate as well as all the legal changes stemming from Katrina, they would find its nothing more that an umbrella agency representing over 22 federal departments.

A disaster hits... The affected areas declare a state of emergency (thats needed for immediate response / mutual aid invocations).

Once the local areas declare a disaster, the Governor supports it with his declaration of an emergency which again allows access to more resources.

The Governor then must decide if they need assistance beyond their own means. If they do the the Governor makes a request to the President and in consultation with FEMA and other federal officals they will either declare a major federal disaster or they will decline.

If they decline the State can appeal...

If the Feds approve then FEMA shows up and gets the shopping list of needed supplies from the state, finds those supplies, and then brings them in. Those supplies and their distribution is established by the locals / state.

Reference FEMA the house bill that people like to quote never made it out of committe, not to mention it dates back to 2009. What we see with the FEMA crap are areas where supplies etc can be directed to for further distribution.

The house bill that never made it targeted federal military / state bases because they are reinforced and have their own power / communication abilities that would most likely not be affected to the extent civilian systems would be.

They are designed to handle troop movement, which means areas where civilians can go and be safe and get food, shelter and assistance.

FEMA cannot, nor does it have hte authorty, to just show up and take over (unless its a nuclear / chemical / bio attack thens its automatically federal jurisidction).

PEople need to step back, take a breath and do some research. While researching try and check the preconceived notions at the door. It might help people better understand the NIMS system.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join