It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Body is Getting Younger

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I've been noticing for the last year or so that my body seems to look younger and it's definitely more pronounced in the last couple months. When I got out of the shower today I flexed my abs and they are relatively ripped for a middle aged man.

Basically there is much more muscle definition and I've lost some of the layer of flab that has covered my torso for the last 20 years.

I am about to turn 50. I do not exercise. I smoke incessantly. I eat candy bars, 4-5 cups of coffee and donuts everyday My job involves driving about 1,000 miles per week in between 2 hour sales meetings and I do no physical labor. I was an athlete in college. I believe in muscle memory but you must exercise to benefit from so called muscle memory.

I'm just wondering if anybody else has noticed their body changing for no apparent reason? Kerry from Project Camelot mentioned the same thing about a year ago. Anybody?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Mine has changed from a teenager to a relatively grown male adult body. Now I can be Alpha Dog and a pack leader my friend.
Can you become a pack leader now?

edit on 21-5-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Maybe you have been sleep jogging on a treadmill for a few months

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
so you've kinda got a Benjamin button situation going on?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I'm 40 years old and i still look approximately the same as a picture i have on my wall taken when i was 20. Still the same height, still the same weight, i am not going bald, I have lost some teeth yes, but everything else seems to be the same. I do not wake up with aches and pains, i have no love handles, nor have i caught any colds within the last 2 years. I drink, i smoke, i smoke weed, and i have regular sex. If anything i seem to be stuck in some sort of stasis. Evene those i know when i tell them my age seem to think i am still in my 20's. No i have not been getting any younger but then again i do not seem to be getting any older either. Hell, i dont even have a single gray hair yet.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

nobody...why don't you post some before and after pics...so candy bars and coffee is your secret...I work in state governmnet and by that statement I should be working around people who should be Olympians and Iron Man competitors...truth be told I'm not

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Thats really weird.
Nothing happening here.

This happened to my uncle, but he was on meth.

Not saying you are.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
My body also looks younger in old photos of mine

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It happened to me too, although I made changes in my life. I am nearing 50 soon. Two years ago I was topping out at 220 pounds at only 5' 9"; that means my mid-section was larger than my shoulders! LOL

I quit smoking six years ago, and I packed on the weight; so I anticipated a return to where I was before I quit (180 or so). Instead, this past Fall I began dropping weight by the ton. I dropped down to 155 pounds and my High School weight was only 150. I got a little worried as I was also dropping muscle mass; then, about a month or so ago I jumped up to 165 and I have maintained this weight and feel great. I can take my shirt off in public and feel good about how I look and I actually have a nice tummy definition and my shoulders are my widest point.

I am really impressed and I actually stopped "working out" over a year ago because I was too busy. I prepare all of my meals from scratch and I also stopped all fluoride about a year prior to my weight-loss. I also began taking iodine supplements because I read that Americans are typically deficient in Iodine; this was two years ago.

I do not take medications and I am alcohol-free.

To be honest, I believe it is all in "preparation" for what is to come!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I may not be getting younger but I am getting better.
I have been eating mexican food, pizza, and burgers only for years now, with dessert at every meal, I seriously drink a half gallon of whole milk and almost a pint of half and half with my 44 ounce coffee every single day. Smoke a pack a day.

I take vitamins, and eat a lot of salsa, green chile, and avacadoz. But that is it for health food.

Getting ripped though! I did 15 pull ups at the park the other day. Running speed and distance has improved dramatically without even trying.

I don't know what is going on but it's fine with me.

Actually I know why it is happening. I have a new daughter that is absolutely full of energy, and just keeping up with her is like a friggin marathon every day.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Being 47 and wrinkle free, I look younger than I did 5 years ago. But I can credit that to my recent beauty regime, resveratrol, and grape seed extract. Just started exercising again a couple of weeks ago too. After a year off, I can still run circles around many youngins. And lift more than many young males. I overheard several comments at the gym too. One is "wow, look at that lady workout". Another from a muscle man was "look she has bigger calf muscles than I do". (I have aberrant muscle genetics. Ok so I cheat, but don't tell them that. I swear I rip new muscles with each gym visit.
) Exercise will make your skin look younger too.

I suspect that some of us just have better genetics, skin wise. And I wonder if there is a connection between fewer wrinkles and healing well. I have had third degree burns, and you would never know it. Surgery scars dissapear. In fact, all scars disappear.

Anyways, I am sitting here smoking, eating my chocolates and drinking black coffee as I type. And I thrive on a grease laden diet. Maybe we are on to something here?

edit on 21-5-2011 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Mine has changed from a teenager to a relatively grown male adult body. Now I can be Alpha Dog and a pack leader my friend.
Can you become a pack leader now?

edit on 21-5-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

I laughed so hard at this video. You made my day Jepic. Can I join your wolf pack?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

How much resveretrol do you take. What brand. How much is it and how long have you been taking it?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by goos3

Tried it in high school. Made me nervous and really burned my nose.

I think it may be the driving. I realize I have a death grip on the steering wheel. I am often running late and driving hard. It's almost like the "isometrics" Jack Lalane used to promote.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
If you have not changed what you eat then you might be in trouble, your body is not absorbing the foods like it is supposed to. If you are not absorbing the foods that means you are not absorbing the nutrients nor vitamins, I would go to the doctor to se if my blood work is good.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Can you remember any change in diet before it started?
do you eat a lot of fish? sea weed?
do you live near the Gulf?
swallow any mercury?
the chines use't to believe it had some thing to do with immortality.
and no it will not kill you.
I have swallowed mercury about a teaspoon full.
but you should not try it. it is the vapour that kills you.
the rest of the males in the family lost there hair.
I did not.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
People don't grow younger. They age.

I can see someone having a midlife crisis and wanting so badly to become young again that they warp their perceptions/memories a bit to fit their needed belief.

If you haven't made substantial changes to your lifestyle, I see no reason to believe your body is getting younger.

Just adding a realistic perspective. I don't believe in any spiritual enlightenment or miracles.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Thats how Spiderman became Spiderman, check your house for spiders, i think you have been bitten.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

edit on 5/22/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
reply to post by elouina

How much resveretrol do you take. What brand. How much is it and how long have you been taking it?

I need to get ready for work, but I will let you know when I get home.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join