It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why Harold Camping could be Right! May 21st, is not the end of the world, Oct 21, IS!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by freestonew

"Thus I infer that even though the 6 Pm earthquake in the new Zealand islands might have been a match, the rest of the world rests easy and you can hear the laughter now... ".

Ther was no quake in NZ at 6pm (local time) on saturday 21stmay.

There are literally dozens of quakes here everyday, but none at 6pm.
See - www.geonet.co.nz - to check up on this.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
I'm quite serious about the OCT 28th thing. October 28th is the put up or shut up date for apocalypse/ascension.

actually...I am not in favor of this Camping guy, at all. He , to me, has that, "ye have sinned and ye all will burn for your sins" atitude. I have heard all too too many of these "lesser Campings", here in the city where I live.
Usually they add to their burn-list any ways of life that they disagree with. It was in this city, years ago, the very first "burn your satanic rock and roll records, burn party", was held.

www.mylespaul.com...

In 1975, Rev Charles Boykin of Tallahassee, Florida organised the burning of Elton John and Rolling Stones records, claiming they were sinful. Boykin was reacting to the results from a survey that said, 984 of the 1,000 local unmarried mothers had sex when listening to rock music.

problem with this guy is that after the non-dust has settled, he might claim that the real end time date is October 21 and thus any earthchange event from now until then, is "his" prediction coming to pass!

But We all Are Used To This: the world ends about three times a month here on ATS.
---from a re-write of someone's sig, here on the forums!

but this guy can indeed Do damage. what will hundreds of people do after they burn their bridges and then there is no Golden Bridge held before them?!

[freestone grits his teeth]
---or, that he will be seen as being *right* in the end......

freestone

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

October is a better date for Doomsday. On or about the tenth of Sept. watch people closely and monitor posts. Reports of strange dreams, a feeling of unease. Note the increase of solar activity at this time. You will begin or some of us will begin to feel the tug, the "pull". I noticed it, felt it before.

So yes October is a better date, but no guarantees.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Actually....
It's October 28. If nothing happens on October 28, the world will continue on for thousands of years until humanity ruins it (by necessity).

Use the search function for:
Dark Knight
Oct 28 2011
Oct 28 Mayan Calender.

If nothing happens then, I'll hunker down to prepare for real life, and hopefully the studies in reversing aging will prove successful in humans as it has already in mice. Transhumanism and Automated labor....here we come. Good in theory...will it be so good in practice? We'll see. We are quite the interesting species.

Y'now im with you on this one, i dont believe dec 2012, but i have a concern over oct 2011, theres a lot to suggest that this could be a special date, ( listen to the sincerity in dark knights thread and et-man), if it doesnt happen in october then it will never happen. ( to the cynics, yes i know theres no proof all this is based on a feeling).

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Harold Camping is an imbecile. He couldn't predict which side a basketball will land on
edit on 21-5-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The Harold Campings of the world are dangerous only in that they plant the seed. It gets really obscene and even dangerous when people water that seed and make it grow into a mountain of fear and irrational thoughts. Without followers of this kind of bull, Camping would be nothing more than another kook on the corner holding a hand-scrawled end-of-times message on a piece of ripped cardboard.

Fortunately, I'm a glass-is-half-full type of girl and see this incident as humans getting one step closer in realizing that organized religion and the bible are nothing more than tools to manipulate and instill fear.

I have absolutely no qualms about people's individual beliefs as long as you keep me out of it. I have HUGE issues with groups of people taking those believes and trying to spread them as MY truth. I know my truth. It doesn't matter to me what yours is--keep it to yourself.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sailor Sam

"Thus I infer that even though the 6 Pm earthquake in the new Zealand islands might have been a match, the rest of the world rests easy and you can hear the laughter now... ".

Ther was no quake in NZ at 6pm (local time) on saturday 21stmay.

There are literally dozens of quakes here everyday, but none at 6pm.
See - www.geonet.co.nz - to check up on this.

oops.
quoting someone else from another place without doing the math or lookup.

that is the trouble with things so "volatile"! little old ladies and men and ladies, not so old, will say something as "fact" then it gets sent around and over and over again.

I have seen something of this at the Senior Center where I used to work.

someone gets ever the angry at the world as it evolves and his values get left in the dust, then cannot adapt.

I once "talked" with a retiree for over four hours and "talked" was not the right word as he did every bit of the talking! I missed my friend's party supper just to become Educated as to how many older people would LOVE to see the world be judged and burned!!

he worked hard all of his life, grew up in the great depression and then had a family so he worked six days a week dawn to dusk, life WAS work, to him. he put any dreams he had into 'boxes" in the attic, never to be opened again.
Over the years, while he was waiting for his retirement, the Rules were changed. Now at age 70, he not only saw a deflated retirement, he was PAYING all the younger people to do the dreams that he could not allow himself to dream, paying them through social security and food stamps and SSI and the like. paying them out of his retirement money.
he was so so Angry,, there, as I talked to him, that he could have stuck his finger into the electric socket and powered the whole city for a day!!
It is these people who might like to see the whole sinful modern age crash and burn, either by fire or another great Depression! then *they* would feel to be Righteously rewarded for their life-long sufferings and all their young people enemies will be seen Roasting down below!

freestone

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
So each time the rapture doesn't come through as expected it gets postponed. So now it's October eh? Okay...hopefully more suicides to come.

edit on 21-5-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
So each time the rapture doesn't come through as expected it gets postponed. So now it's October eh? Okay...hopefully more suicides to come.

edit on 21-5-2011 by laiguana because: (no reason given)

You say "hopefully more suicides to come".....that is a very cruel and uncaring thing to say......suicide should not be joked about nor encouraged.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I am a bit tired of this garbage too and by that I mean the disingenuous posts of tiny-minded anti-Christs. This Camping and his church are wrong and to take their prophecy and apply it to all Christians is tantamount to applying the failed prophecies of Ted Turner and Ted Danson to all non-Christians. Hey guys, good call on that thing about the Ocean's boiling! Way to go!

This Camping guy has obviously never read Revelation or he wouldn't be predicting any of this. Christ doesn't return because the timer went off on the Easy Bake Oven. He returns because if he didn't no flesh would be left alive - meaning we --- WE --- screw up and nearly eradicate all life on the planet. Given that we aren't even at war - just a tiny little Kinetic Action - we still have time.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Dude took all the money, and ran off somewhere out of country, and is probably laughing at everyone. It's always about the money folks. Come up with some bs story, get enough people to buy it, give money to 1 guy, he spilts, the donators left high and dry. We've seen this story again and again.

If your message was about the greater good, you don't need cash to spread it. Last time I checked, facebook and twitter are free.......they seem to have a few folks on there........just saying.....

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Here's a radical suggestion. Why don't 'end of world' predictors just accept that you don't know.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Mr. Camping is a liar and deceiver. He is a false prophet. He knows that nothing is going to happen, he knows that he lied.....I believe he did this for business reasons....to fill his bank accounts with 10 million dollars.....

He should pay all the money back to the families and people that believed him...but I am fairly sure he won't.

Why do people not want to take responsibility for their actions. Even though I don't agree with Camping or that he has taken people's money, he didn't put a gun to their head. If these people are foolish enough to buy into this nonsense and give their money to him then that is their problem. People believed him not because he tricked them but because they wanted the end/rapture to come and he just "tickled their ears" as the bible says.

"For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear." NIV 2 Timothy 4:3

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Ol' Harold is nothing more than another brainwashed bible thumper under government end times mind control.

If anything, Harolds failed prophecy was a massive success for the illuminati which only helps keep their agenda unobstructed by the sleeping masses.

from now til September, any real warnings or concerns about cataclysmic disasters, will be ridiculed and ignored.

a classic Peter and the Wolf scenario.

with that said, i sure hope those living on the Western coast of North America begin preparing for some major seismic events between September and November. Too bad someone didn't tell ol' harry about Ele Nin

edit on 21-5-2011 by truthseekr1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well you could have a point, people and typical american people like instant results, thats whats wrong with this country right now... its now or never baby, thats how "they" think, i believe you could be right on this, hell even harold could be right, lets not burn the messenger!! I believe that when it does happen, people will not even care, they will be too busy getting drunk and having a "goodtime" to worry about their soul!! personally i cant wait to rid the world of all this evil!! AMEN!!!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Maybe you should read this interview of Camping, he didn't say the world would end but he did say that the rapture would occur on the 21st and that he would be going.

Do know for sure whether you personally will ascend to heaven on May 21? Oh yes, I am very convinced because I have found in my life for a long, long time an intense, ongoing desire that I just want to do God’s will and the Bible has become super important to me and so I do believe that I will be caught up when that time comes around in California.

A Conversation With Harold Camping

Are you going to do something with all your money before the 21st? Are you going to donate it to charity or something? What’s the point? In other words, Judgment Day is the end of the world. That means that the whole world is in judgment, it will not be business as usual at all. At all. Nothing that goes on is important any longer, either if you’re a true believer and you’re caught up to be with Christ, of which there are many people that this will happen to, but on the other hand, there will be almost 7 billion people who will be in a tremendous, terrible situation undoubtedly. With those kind of earthquakes millions will die and the Bible teaches that they will not be buried, in fact there’ll be no one to bury them it’ll be so awful. It will not be business as usual at all. This world will be in chaos. It will be in awful suffering.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
He succeeded in strengthening the belief that Christianity is a bunch of bull#. He succeeded in crying wolf, for sure. He fails at life. Somebody needs to give him a swift kick in the nuts. People like that ruin the world. If I walked outside and saw a planet flying at us, a nuke going off, a volcano erupting, and lived to tell about it, people would just be like "yeah well y2k and Camping blah blah blah."

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Harold Camping is without doubt THE MAN!

He’s been incredibly successful in doing what he does and made loads from it, not only did he con the believers into spreading the word he even got the unbelievers spreading the word too! WOW!

Credit where credit is due people, he did his job very well.

Like the Westboro Baptist Church, any sane person would have turned a deaf ear to the madness but it’s very difficult to miss out in a bit of scandal these days isn’t it.

This thread now started is a possible danger on a quantum level, it’s just begun and here you are adding to it (me too)

It’s got plausibility, enough for the delusional to latch on to at least…..and off we go again!

And the Lord said “Post no more for thy internets doeth much harm and causeth great harm!”

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
You know whats going to happen right, hes reportedly vanished, his followers will say hes been taken by the lord then in a few months he will return claiming to be god or sent from god with a message , he will get more followers and even more money...and of course the followers will lap it up

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Your thread is based on a false premise. Harold Camping never said the end of the world would be May 21, 2011 to begin with. What he DID say was that May 21, 2011 would be the day of the Rapture, which would then bring about the Great Tribulation which would end in October. So according to the "Prediction" the world ends in October, but it was never claimed to end in May.

Obviously today there was no Rapture. Jesus did not raise the thousands of years worth of dead Christians and ascend into the clouds. It did not happen. So I think it is fair to say we can easily discount the remainder of his prediction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join