It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why Harold Camping could be Right! May 21st, is not the end of the world, Oct 21, IS!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
hi all.

a "maybe-dangerous" post, here.

why Harold Camping could be Right! That his prediction could be right!

How?!

www.endoftheworld2012.net...

What does Harold Camping say about May 21, 2011?
Harold Camping (89) believes that May 21 2011 will be the first day of a five month period of God's judgment on earth, ending on October 21, 2011. Camping is quoted as saying, "Beyond the shadow of a doubt, May 21 will be the date of the Rapture and the day of judgment".

and....
mysteryhistory.tv...

Philosophy and teachings
Camping teaches that a Biblical calendar has been hidden according to Daniel 12:9, Revelation 22:10 detailing the imminent end of the world (with alleged Biblical evidence pointing to the date for the Rapture as May 21, 2011); of the “end of the church age” (which asserts that churches are no longer the vehicle used by God for salvation, 1 Peter 4:17); and of predestination (Ephesians 1:4-5), according to which God determined before the beginning of the world which individuals are to be saved. In Camping’s latest publications, he states that May 21, 2011 will be “the first day of the Day of Judgment” and October 21, 2011 will be the end of the world. Critics call Camping a “date-setter” following his own method of Biblical interpretation. Camping maintains that he follows the Bible’s method of Biblical interpretation.

A-Hem!

does not anyone around this Camping guy *READ*?!!

he does NOT say that the world will end on May 21st, at all.

Oh la..la..la, I am hiking high up on the Trail overlooking the mountain valley. I stand there enjoying the view.
I then hear a "plink" from the mountainside, just below me, and I peer over the trail fence to see that a pebble
has slid a foot down the slope, heated by the sun. my watch says, 6:03. this one pebble hits three other stones as it slows down, but these three rocks slide down and hit about 20 more stones, which in turn slide down to hit 300 more. Within minutes a full bore avalanche is cascading down the mountain side and
within a few more minutes, the whole valley is destroyed.
That one stone was the beginning, at 6:03 Pm.

Thus I infer that even though the 6 Pm earthquake in the new Zealand islands might have been a match, the rest of the world rests easy and you can hear the laughter now...

but suppose this 6 Pm may 21st is a Marker *as he himself says*?!

the "beginning" of the end times. the real end times will be October 21st. that is when God will visit his judgment upon the world.

look at that Harmonic convergence event!
www.netplaces.com...

The Harmonic Convergence by Mark HeleyAugust 16, 1987, or harmonic convergence, marks the ending of this period of descent and oppression and, for many interpreters, the beginning of a rapid period of transformation as we head toward the end of the great cycle that finishes on December 21, 2012. Though Shearer named the harmonic convergence date, he saw it as the end of the fifth world of the Aztec prophecy and the beginning of the sixth world. It was Jose Argüellés, the author of the bestselling book The Mayan Factor: Path Beyond Technology, who coined the term harmonic convergence and helped turn it into what became a remarkable, globally networked, grassroots event and defining moment in the creation of the New Age movement.

Here again, many people see this event as a "marker event" as "nothing happened on that day"!
Many today use this date as a start point for the new age collective mass ascension movement to begin to activate, and ending, of course, in 2012.

Strange. people must have thought that fire would fall from the sky or Jesus would Appear, locally, at 6:00 Pm May 21st, local time. But Harlod did not say that, really, and this scares me a bit. That may 21st begins with a whimper but there are five more months to go before Total Ruin!

Maybe our collective prayers and thoughts can moderate a future event.

Of course the downside of a "slow end times" is that from now on, every little burp of an Iceland volcano, or quake around Yellowstone, will excite the Believers ever the more. They will Pounce upon my quotes, above, to let Camping off of his Hook. But in *their* cosmology, this may 21st date is only the BEGINNING of the times
of trials and tribulations!
Add this to the collective 2012 fears, gasoline upon the fire.

which brings me to yet another Wondering: can a collective mass of people *cause* something to happen?!
I will not here answer that one.

freestone

edit on 21-5-2011 by freestonew because: I bow before spellcheck. again!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
seriously? I just want to strangle people who post these doomsday threads...somebody could make one for every day of the year I swear...drop it...seriously just drop it

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by freestonew

He wasn't right. You just need to watch where you step. damn

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Lets say that the Bible is real. ( Which I do believe it is.)
Then Harold Camping would have to believe every word in it? Correct?
OK, Jesus said himself, NO ONE will know the date. Only God.
Case Closed.
Harold is a false prophet sent from hell to instill fear and disbelief.

edit on 21-5-2011 by goos3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
We could ask Camping, but shockingly he's gone missing. I'm surprised you stopped at the NZ earthquake, why not include the two erupting volcanoes as well...at least for effect?

Camping said 200 million people would die and THEN the rest left would suffer until October when it's curtains. Sorry, you can't just ignore that piece of information.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
It never ends, does it?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01e86b401205.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Actually....
It's October 28. If nothing happens on October 28, the world will continue on for thousands of years until humanity ruins it (by necessity).

Use the search function for:
Dark Knight
Oct 28 2011
Oct 28 Mayan Calender.

If nothing happens then, I'll hunker down to prepare for real life, and hopefully the studies in reversing aging will prove successful in humans as it has already in mice. Transhumanism and Automated labor....here we come. Good in theory...will it be so good in practice? We'll see. We are quite the interesting species.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
According to the Bible we will not know the day nor the hour. See Matthew 25:13; Mark 13:32-33; Matthew 24:36; Matthew 24:50; Luke 12:46; Matthew 24:42; Acts 1:7. The Day of the Lord will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night. 1 Thessalonians 5:2, 2 Peter 3:10, Revelation 16:15. And the rapture is biblical (1 Thessalonians 4:17, 1 Corinthians 15:52...).

2 Thessalonians 2:1-2: Now we beseech you, brothers, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together to him, That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

2012 is a Mayan belief. The person who assigned the date (May 21, 2011) is Harold Camping. He is best known for a prophecy of the second coming of Jesus Christ in 1994 (which utterly failed) and for his current prediction of the second coming in May 2011. When a prophesy fails, that person is called a false prophet, according to the Bible. (Reference: Deuteronomy 18:20-22, Deuteronomy 13:1-5). God says to beware of the wolves among the flock. Harold Camping's false prophecies are spread through avenues, such as: ebiblefellowship.com and familyradio.com.

en.wikipedia.org...

Keep in mind that there are signs of the end times and we should be aware of them, but do not trust anyone who says they have a particular date - when the Bible states otherwise. The Book of Revelation gives a stern warning about adding to Revelation. Harold Camping is not the first person who has declared a date on the rapture and may not be the last either. Many people follow false prophets and their teachings. Joseph Smith (Mormonism) was also wrong about the date of the rapture, as well as, Pope Innocent III and quite a few popular Televangelist preachers. We need to be like the Bereans. When Paul preached to them, they were not awed by his credentials, they made sure to compare his teachings to the truth taught in Scriptures.

Reading I and “especially” II Thessalonians may be helpful to those who plan on dropping their lives and waiting on a rapture date. In 2 Thessalonians, Paul writes this letter to the Christians who seemed to be confused about Christ's return, partly as a result of fake letters by extremists (2:2).They thought Jesus had already come back, but Paul explains that days of evil (and in particular the 'man of lawlessness') must come first. He stresses again that Christian expectation of the second coming should never distort the everyday practice of our Christian lives. Also see Matthew 24:23-26. Read the Bible to get the true facts on the end times (make sure you have a reliable version…compare Bible versions yourself).

Harold Camping proclaimed the Lord's return would be in 1994
Harold Camping now proclaims the Lord's return will be in October, 20, 2011
Harold Camping (Family Radio) has aired Mormon advertisements
Harold Camping taught that NO ONE was saved between 1988 through 1994
Harold Camping teaches that the church age ended in 1994
Harold Camping teaches that the Holy Spirit is NO LONGER working in the church
Harold Camping teaches that EVERY church in the world is apostate

Certain things must take place before the rapture is to occur. The temple is not even built yet, and the antichrist must declare that he is god in the temple. The tribulation will occur which is not to be confused with the wrath of God. Christians will experience persecution and God tells us not to accept the mark of the beast. Some people will be imprisoned and some will be put to death. The rapture will occur before the wrath of God comes upon the earth. During the wrath of God, 144,000 males who come from the tribes of Israel, will be protected from God's wrath. After this occurs, then Jesus will return to reign for a millennial period while satan is locked up. Towards the end of the millennial reign, Lucifer/satan will be released for a short period of time. He will gather the rest of the enemies of God to fight at the battle of Armageddon. God will put and end to it quickly. Then will come the great white throne judgment. The world will then be restored and made anew.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The excuses are hilarious everytime

Get a life seriously, then you might stop being so suicidal about the world ending by the divine power of god and all that tosh..

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well that's just great. October 21st my birthday (and my girlfriend's). Oh and I turn 30 this year yayyy

All I predict is I'll have a great big hangover October 22nd

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm quite serious about the OCT 28th thing. October 28th is the put up or shut up date for apocalypse/ascension.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by goos3

Lets say that the Bible is real. ( Which I do believe it is.)
Then Harold Camping would have to believe every word in it? Correct?
OK, Jesus said himself, NO ONE will know the date. Only God.
Case Closed.
Harold is a false prophet sent from hell to instill fear and disbelief.

edit on 21-5-2011 by goos3 because: (no reason given)

I totally agree with you...and I also think that Mr. Camping knew when he made those predictions...that they wouldn't come true....for him...I believe it was a business deal.....he told his lies ...to get 10 million dollars...to fill his bank accounts....he is a liar and deceiver

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Oh for the love of God, give yourself a slap will you !!!

Cosmic...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The news reports about this crap were the funniest. If the followers were going to be taken away, why the hell did they look like they were fleeing to the bush in there vans etc in indian formation....

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Omg the world is not ending anytime soon because i have not built my space ship yet! GOSH!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

"Beyond the shadow of a doubt, May 21 will be the date of the Rapture and the day of judgment".

So, interesting (read: not buying it) theory and all, ...but what about the whole rapture bit? The rest of the "end of the world" kinda hinges on that whole thing according to Harold's--and I say this loosely--prophecy, doesn't it?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Oh boy... no offense to the OP, but would you please just think about what your saying.... your rationalization, justification and all other nonsense speaking of how the Rapture will indeed happen.

In my opinion, humans have caused a majority of disaster themselves through greed and deception. We forgot about our planet, and now she is in need of a tune-up, which may very well involve our witness to things never experienced before (and documented).

Like white blood cells fending off disease and infection... we are the plague here and molten rock will overtake anything in its path. Leaving a clean slate upon which we can lay grounds for better compromise with our Earth. That is IF we are around after the cleanse.

(Theory) But I like it better than some mythological fairy tale from a book of cryptic scripture based on stories that preceded it by thousands of years, and molded into todays culturistic beliefs.
edit on 5/21/2011 by forall2see because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Mr. Camping is a liar and deceiver. He is a false prophet. He knows that nothing is going to happen, he knows that he lied.....I believe he did this for business reasons....to fill his bank accounts with 10 million dollars.....

He should pay all the money back to the families and people that believed him...but I am fairly sure he won't.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

He should indeed. What about those who commit suicide? I believe he should be held accountable for that as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join