It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why Harold Camping could be Right! May 21st, is not the end of the world, Oct 21, IS!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FailedProphet
It never ends, does it?

23times here:

Friday, May 20, 2011
Armageddon Outa Here—23 Times the World Was Supposed to End, but Didn’t
Radio broadcaster Harold Camping says the Christian Rapture will occur on May 21 and the world will end on October 21. Others are convinced that the Mayan calendar says that the end of the world will take place on December 21, 2012. If you’re worried…don’t be. There is a long history of people predicting the end of the world. In fact, this isn’t even Camping’s first shot at it (see 1994). Here is a sampling of end of the world predictions, originally compiled by Jeremy Beadle and later augmented by the staff of The People’s Almanac

The "Millerites" of the`1800's stand out in my mind:

APRIL 3, 1843—The MILLERITES
Thousands of Millerites patiently waited on hilltops in New England, solemnly expecting the end of the world. Their leader, William Miller (1782-1849), a farmer and former atheist, had picked this day after carefully studying the Books of Daniel and Revelation. His warnings began in 1831 and were subsequently confirmed by shooting stars in 1833 and the massive comet of 1843. Miller convinced the New York Herald to publish his prediction that the world would be destroyed by fire on April 3. Believing the dead would pass through to Heaven first, fanatics murdered relatives and committed suicide.

As the evening approached, there was suddenly a loud, eerie sound across the valley. Thousands stood up screaming and praying until it was discovered that the noise was a local fool blowing a large horn. Nothing else happened, except that one believer broke his arm trying to fly to Heaven, using turkey wings attached to his shoulders. Unperturbed, Miller simply moved up the date to July 7.

JULY 7, 1843—THE MILLERITES AGAIN
The true Millerites prepared with their proven thoroughness. Many families bought ascension robes (sold by Miller) and waited in carefully dug family graves. Nothing happened. Still unperturbed, Milled amended the date again, this time to March 21, 1844.

MARCH 21, 1844—THE MILLERITES ONCE AGAIN
Despite the two previous miscalculations, thousands of true believers waited. Not wishing to make coffins, many found it more convenient to sit in graveyards. At the appointed hour, a tremendous thunderstorm erupted. The Millerites were jubilant. But the storm soon abated, leaving thousands of disappointed and drenched hopefuls. Still unswayed, Miller bumped up the date to October 22, 1844.

OCTOBER 22, 1844—THE MILLERITES FACE THE GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT
After whipping themselves into a fanatical frenzy, thousands once more climbed the hilltops to await Armageddon. One farmer thoughtfully brought his cows all dressed in white ascension robes because “It’s a very long trip and the kids will want milk.” Nothing happened. This time the Millerites were perturbed. The once-powerful 100,000-strong movement disbanded and split into several sections, of which the Seventh–Day Adventists became the most numerous.

Miller managed to keep many faithful followers, and he ended his days delivering more than 3,200 speeches predicting the end of the world while he made a tidy profit selling ascension robes.

www.allgov.com...

Personally I find doomsday predictions to be rather pointless. It will happen one day.I might see it Or I might get hit by a bus the day before.

edit on 22-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
...and so the saying goes;

"There is a sucker born every minute"

I believe this thread is testament to that.

IRM :shk:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
IF rupture is the new in subculture based in a manmade book called bible,im not interested,this book in NOT AN INSTITUTION OF THE TRUTH, IS ONLY ONE MORE BOOK PRINTED IN OFFSET,so stay real,nobody can write such a thing,but if you in the other hand like fairy tales,ill recomend the brothers Grimm collection.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by freestonew

mass of people *cause* something to happen?!
I will not here answer that one.

freestone

I believe it can. I've been thinking for some time about this, actually. Art Bell had his radio audience do a mass consciousness experiement right after hurricane Katrina. Another hurricane was making its way toward the states and he asked everyone to think about it and try to get it to disipate. I believe it worked. It freaked him out so much he said he wouldn't do it again, not knowing what the repurcussions might be. It made me wonder, I guess. I am hoping that with everyone focusing on 2012 that they will try to envision something wonderful instead of death and destruction.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by freestonew

1 question i would like to ask because i know each has its own Different sets of beliefs...was this man Catholic, Christian, Jehova's Witness, Ect.?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

So the judgment might be a private affair and then wack the end will arrive Oct 21.

Consider this...
...when William Miller and Samuel Snow made there predictions for Jesus return in 1844...
...the date was 22 October...
...and when it did not happen devotees claimed a secret judgment began instead...
...which developed into an eisogetical doctrrine called the Investigative Judgment.

Interesting that these time-setting end of the world people have simialr dates...eh?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

AND that they dont all just get together and make up a believeable one for once!! like completely conspirisize it Scientist+religous Priest+World leader(s)+Smart Kids+Smart Adults+someone in fassion just for insight on how to get attention on the item/Subject like, alot of these are unbelieveable especialy due to Christians i know laughing at this and say "in the bible it said god would give us NO knowlage of our end so that it may be as peacefull and painless as it can be...after all even if he sends us to "hell" he still loves us" (Quoted from my Mothers Priest.)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

The purpose of the ATS site is to deny ignorance and franky you reek of it. Your narrow minded line of sight has set you a the top of the ladder for when civilization falls this fall. Heed what some people are saying and listen, not the type of arrogant bable you have done here, but truely open your mind and ears and see what is unfolding around you. Harold's date is true and two things that will happen shortly can be more evidence of this. Two things will happen in the next two months or sooner that will bring more validity to Harold's predictions. One, The destruction of CERN in Geneva due to a solar storm. The second will be the death of the Saudi King. If these happen then you should best take Harold's word on the events. You will see more evident signs as we get closer to the date also. God willing I'm wrong and what I've written will pass into history as rammblings of a crazy man, but God help us if I'm right for there will be no safety

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ASilentWitness

are you one of those tards who believe every other date camping has spewed out of his gaping maw of a jaw? and you say I'm ignorant...dude grow up and stop believing all the crap that comes out of others mouths and actually do something for yourself other than fear monger and cry about the end of the world...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

See for yourself in a few weeks for that is all the longer you should have to wait. I have made my choice based on 10 years of scientific research, what backs your opinions?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Bad or natural disaster events happen on a daily basis if you count small tremors eruptions.And other planet changes happening.Think we are seeing changes ive been involved in UK flooding so know ya need to prepare.!!But stop scare tactics peeps.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
i think you are right and may 21 was only the begining. i have had a premonition, so to speek, starting arround may 21. that somthing really big and really bad is coming. and im not the only one who feels this way.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The third time is always a charm, isn't it

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

[color=gold]
JUST FOLLOW YOUR HEARTS

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Isn't he currently dying?

This guy pulled the greatest fleecing of the gullible and yet some still hang on his loony predictions. For the life of me, I cannot understand why.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ASilentWitness

See for yourself in a few weeks for that is all the longer you should have to wait. I have made my choice based on 10 years of scientific research, what backs your opinions?

I base my choice on common sense...after seeing every other prediction of the world ending has failed...so will this one...your science is bunk sorry to say it....but it isn't science when based in religion

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
To the OP, no its not!

no doubt he will come up with a further prediction and be wrong yet again.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
If the rapture happened, apparently I was left behind.
For the second time now... geesh!!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Well, he got that wrong AGAIN!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ASilentWitness

How's it feel after 10 years of research? Now that its the 23rd and you and he were WRONG?

Oh..and what backs MY opinion? That it DIDNT happen.

edit on 23-10-2011 by LazloFarnsworth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join