It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrial Mummy Found In Peru?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I've heard of other supposed "ET mummies" before, but this particular case is new to me.Did ATS search but didn't see this case posted yet. I'm guessing it could be a hoax/local legend, since it doesn't seem like it would be very hard to 'fake' the mummy-but who knows? What do you guys think?

The photo was apparently taken back in 1972 by an archeology team from the University of Illinois while visiting a private museum in Arequipa, Peru. While the team were viewing exhibits, they were invited to view a special room �out the back� which is where the mummy was being housed. This photo was taken at this time by one of the team members.

Full story here: www.mysterycasebook.com...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
what proofs are that its from extra terrestrial origin, could be a deformitie, such claims would have to be done with proper research.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

looks real, but I am not expert on mummies.

That would be interesting if it were real though

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
DNA testing would be a great step.

Too bad the place was burned down.
edit on 21-5-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
i did a search for museums that burnt down in the town it was supposed to be in, and couldnt find anything.
not to say it didnt happen, but nothing comes up straight away.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I ran it through a Forensic program to see if it is real or fake, I do not know how to read the results, so I figured I would post it for everyone to look at and if someone knows how to read it, please fill us in, thanks!
Analysis

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
IMHO, I am no photographer but the quality of that picture looks better than anything available in 1972... Just my opinion. Also, interesting that for a fossil, you can still see farly plump lips? What do you think?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Its a fake, heres the original image.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a4d1c559ceae.jpg[/atsimg]
haber.mynet.com...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sprocket2cog

huh thats cool, with the analyzed photo you can see a lot of white around the eyes, probably where they were enlarging them

**EDIT**
Yea check this out, here is the analyzed original, no white. Very cool little tool. Hopefully it catches on on ATS so we can stop getting fakes.

Original Mummy Analysis

edit on 21-5-2011 by mac420 because: analyzed the real pic

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

now, why wouldn't it appear on the news, maybe it didn't happen, or it did, but is covered up, I suggest going to site to search, but it's so far away

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by locololo

it didnt happen because its a fake, see my later post i found the original photo..

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Nice work Sprocket!! I kind of figured when I read that the museum mysteriously 'burned down" something was fishy...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Good job, another fake picture found.

P.S. I was saying that if you really want to know if something happened the best bet is to go on location, and check it out yourself.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by locololo

Good job, another fake picture found.

P.S. I was saying that if you really want to know if something happened the best bet is to go on location, and check it out yourself.

Oh, yeah ok, no probs mate, its like 0451 here.. so forgive me if i seemed rash
but your right the best way is to go there..

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

it's ok, everyone has been mean to me today, something about a rapture and me going back to my hell hole

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Another one bites the dust.

Straight to the hoax bin with ya.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Nice catch

It's a hoax in more than the photoshop image...the mummy isn't from Peru; it's a child mummy from Egypt.

Staff at Addenbrooke’s Hospital may have uncovered a 1,700-year-old murder during tests on an ancient Egyptian child mummy.

Radiographers at the Cambridge hospital made the macabre discovery after they conducted X-ray scans on the mummy from Saffron Walden Museum.

Archaeologists had been keen to find out whether the preserved corpse – which was living in about 350AD – was a boy or a girl after new evidence cast doubt on assumptions the mummy was male.
Cambridge News (2010)

There was also an ATS thread from last year that was lost in the ether without a reply, a star or a flag...Cold Case - 1700 Year Old Child Mummy Shows Sign Of Violent Death

I just starred and flagged it out of sympathy...I've had a couple of threads die the same death.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

You DO realize I myself was questioning the validity of this,, and not perpetrating a hoax,correct?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

You don't have to have sympathy- I myself smelled a rat about this, and I'm glad the truth was discovered. I'm not here for Stars and Flags so it doesn't matter to me....

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

You don't have to have sympathy- I myself smelled a rat about this, and I'm glad the truth was discovered. I'm not here for Stars and Flags so it doesn't matter to me....

He was talking about the other thread, not this one.

Also, he beat me to to it. I've seen this one before. Decent photoshop work, but not good enough.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join