It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Enlightened Ego - Solving the Problems of Awakening pt.1

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

A child cannot will itself to be an adult, it has to grow in accordance with its human nature, and this is how I see myself, as a spiritual child, and one who is very self-willed at that.

Indeed a child does will itself to be an adult for human nature is an act of will from soul. It just does not happen over night.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Neither am I fully Self-realized, but from what I have realized, looking back, I laugh at how simple and obvious it all was. I have a feeling that when full enlightenment is reached by someone the person looks back and just laughs at how difficult they made it all out to be.

I think it may be both simple and difficult at the same time. The concept of self-realization is simple, but it is not so easy to control the restless mind and subdue the wayward ego.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon

Neither am I fully Self-realized, but from what I have realized, looking back, I laugh at how simple and obvious it all was. I have a feeling that when full enlightenment is reached by someone the person looks back and just laughs at how difficult they made it all out to be.

I think it may be both simple and difficult at the same time. The concept of self-realization is simple, but it is not so easy to control the restless mind and subdue the wayward ego.

I would agree with that.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
All this talks about ego but none has realised that bad ego's are being displayed throughout the posts in this thread. With this kind of mentality the search for the true answer can never end but be renew and continued and carried on through many lifetimes .The answer to what is being seeked can never be found because they are not looking for the solution to remove and prevent the ego from surfacing.
Good Luck to you who cannot see what you really are.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
to unityemissions:

wow dude you sound angry and bitter about something....

if anyone is nearing psycosis, i'd take a look on your front doorstep than attacking people on an internet message board.
edit on 23-5-2011 by kidohno because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Starman

All this talks about ego but none has realised that bad ego's are being displayed throughout the posts in this thread. With this kind of mentality the search for the true answer can never end but be renew and continued and carried on through many lifetimes .The answer to what is being seeked can never be found because they are not looking for the solution to remove and prevent the ego from surfacing.

In order to seek a solution to the ego, one first needs to recognize its existence, and then realize that the ego can be a hindrance to awakening. I think the OP, and many of the responding posts, adequately emphasized the nature and problem of the ego. Perhaps the proposed solutions to overcoming the ego will be presented in future posts?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Thank you so much for his thread. It somehow appeared in the most suitable time of my life. You have given me much to think about and much to learn. Thank you LifeIsEnergy, I am looking forward to the reading the next installments.

To the people that read this thread and think that this is all a waste of time, I thank you too. If you never voiced your opinion, I would have no reference to constantly evaluate my own thoughts. I am not saying you are correct or incorrect, just different and no paths are ever the same. The uniqueness and individuality in people's thoughts and actions are there to help you in life, not harm you. Just my feelings on the subject.

I just have a thought i'd like to add to the discussion:

I feel many people are getting caught in a whirlpool, thinking that they need to loose the ego and when it resurfaces, they get frustrated and the cycle starts again. I realized that in my thoughts, that process only caused frustration and brewed negativity. I try to think of the 'ego' as now just being a filter. It is always 'above' what a person says or does (or depending how you look at it, it is always 'below' what a person says or does). It's really hard to explain but I hope someone can relate to my madness

When I started realizing the 'ego' was just a filter, I discovered that I could either have it on or off.
When I was affected by that person's views or actions, I discovered that would always have that filter on. When I spoke or acted it would also come out through that filter and would breed further negativity for the sake of 'self-preservation'. Like many other people have said, the thing to maybe realize is that it is always there. Learn to use that filter as a tool. To separate the person's actions from their true intentions behind it. Just make sure the filter is there in your own thoughts as well, just at the OP said, aim it inside yourself to constantly evaluate and grow.

Thanks again to everyone for sharing their views. What a diverse, amazing group of people we all are.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

Do you,the OP or any human know what ego really is ? Can you define what ego is? First and foremost you must find out what ego is ,the kinds of ego's and what creates it. Everyone should study and reflect on themselves to try to find out their ego faults. If they cannot sense what egoistic faults there is in themself,then they should ponder on the remarks made by others in regard to their egoistic way and try to correct themselves. Observers are the ones who are able to view the situation and see what you yourself cannot.
The mental attitude and ego is blinding you people from seeing what has been offered and you think that there ways to deal with the ego and you prefer to try to find it yourselves so that your head can swell with the credit and praise that is being showered upon you. That is a bad ego fault in you people You think that your limited human intelligence can be used to comprehend and understand what ego really is . Ego" is an integral par and parcel of the human mind and thoughts ! Now tell us how are you ever going to find the solution and removed it permanently.

edit on 23-5-2011 by 1Starman because: add important words

edit on 23-5-2011 by 1Starman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I think that when you reach the "root of your Self", it is probably the most humbling experience one can get, for you realize how puny and ignorant you are within this vast universe. In fact you have just entered the library of knowledge of the soul (your inner Self). It is in itself a paradoxical concept (my personal belief), as you learn and grow, you discover that larger and larger mountains of knowledge are still to be discovered. You have just entered your own Temple...So this is how i perceive "enlightenment", what do you think?

edit on 23-5-2011 by MonsieurM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

C O N S C I O U S K A R M A

mummy's not dead
mummy's not dead
although her blood runs in your head
and the ground is swirling red

for many years
through your tears
she slept unconscious in her pain
blinded by the wind and rain
of seasons past and yet to be
masking her reality
until the pain was just too much to bear
and she turned to the wolf within his lair,
fangs bared, his fiery eyes ablaze,
prowling in the mists of shadowed days,
a wounded creature, hungry to taste,
thirsty to share
the crimson river running through his hair

but mummy's not dead
mummy's not dead

she feared to see
the entity,
the crazed wolf bent on suffering,
drinking from a bloodied spring
to keep aflow the gushing vein
the cycle of relentless pain
and feeding on the darkest hours of night
forever famished, restless in his plight:
courage it took to hold him in embrace,
lie down beside him, meet him face-to-face,
look deep into his tormented eyes
mirrors of his pain
his sorrow, and of her own disguise

but mummy's not dead
mummy's not dead

reflected in
those pools of sin
she saw the fangs, the long grey ears
the beast that stalked her through the years,
she saw the blood, she saw the lie,
the mask that told herit is I;
and in her seeing a conscious death was born,
an awakening to her true being, without form,
of purity, of timeless love and light
where all that is knows neither day nor night,
nor hope nor fear, nor joy nor pain,
in this new dawn
a first dewdrop born again, again

mummy's not dead
mummy's not dead

with recognition
came contrition,
for treading blind the karmic wheel,
for seeing the phantom wolf as rea,l
though a necessary illusion
to show the truth within delusion:
so as the wolf lay fraught in his demise
her tears flowed with the river of his sighs,
her suffering, ebbing away
to the crimsoned banks of yesterday:
and in his dying she felt the pain
of all seasons
and in her crying, no-one to blame

mummy's not dead
mummy's not dead

this was the calm
this was the balm
to love, forgive herself and all
for sleeping in the monster's thrall,
for looking through his tortured eyes
in ignorance of clear blue skies:
and in the healing her salt tears bathed his head,
cleansed the gaping wound of eternal bloodshed:
and in his leaving, softly there
she kissed the source of her despair
and her lips were stained a crimson red
that it be said,
only in death lies freedom, in freedom bondgage dead

so mummy's not dead
mummy's not dead
although your blood runs in your head:
in fact she's very much alive
in consciousness does she survive

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Now try tell everyone here who is trying to show the others that they are intelligent in the way they comment in the threads that it is not Ego that they are displaying.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1Starman
Now try tell everyone here who is trying to show the others that they are intelligent in the way they comment in the threads that it is not Ego that they are displaying.

I think people should be allowed to give their say without being branded egocentric. I don't think the majority of posters here are speaking thru ego.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidohno

I think people should be allowed to give their say without being branded egocentric. I don't think the majority of posters here are speaking thru ego.

Let us ask you what is ego? Give us some examples
You are mistaken ! We are not accusing them of being egocentric.We are merely pointing out that that line of thought is an example of what ego is.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kidohno

Let us ask you what is ego? Give us some examples
You are mistaken ! We are not accusing them of being egocentric.We are merely pointing out that that line of thought is an example of what ego is.

Yeah fair enough I re-read your post.

My view of ego is that it's just another part of yourself, I'd say it's rooted in you, it's an extension of who we are. As is mind/body/soul/ego - the catalyst for ourselves to view ourselves in the 'bigger picture' - I think ego blinds us and seperates us from realization and true conciousness - that we are one. It's a barrier.

Ego will always promote blame, non-self responsibility, value of ones self - which are some of the characteristics that hold us back from being what we really are.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Enlightened has a positive connotation, and ego usually has a negative connotation, so an "enlightened ego" is a contradiction, like a permanent impermanence, an immortal mortal, so there is a problem of communication here.

The Self is not ego, it is pure consciousness or pure mind. If you say enlightened ego, then you are using ego in a positive connotation otherwise you are using enlightenment in a negative connotation.

The simple fact is you are speaking of a "hindrance" and thus you are speaking of the ego. The "enlightened" adjective is not redundant but damaging to the idea you are presenting as it is an antonym and not a synonym for ego.

So if the "enlightened ego" is a bad thing, a hindrance, in what way is enlightenment a hindrance? If it is, it is not enlightenment.

Enlightenment means a state of light, or to (en)light. This clearly is a reference to meditation's ability to reveal the inner light within the mind. The Buddha spoke of gaining his enlightenment after he meditated for 7 days under the Bohdi tree, that was the point of pure awakening.

So in conclusion, an enlightened ego or an awakened ego is not a bad thing, otherwise it is using the term enlightenment in the wrong connotation, a negative one and not a positive one.

So, I'll await the arguments as to why enlightenment is a bad thing.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Okay, I'm going to try this one more time for the slow, ignorant fools on this thread.

YOU'RE NARCISSISTS, SOCIOPATHS, OR PSYCHOPATHS

You're lining up pretty much perfectly with the terms...to a T.

You don't even realize that your own perspectives are infantile...

This is just garbage on this thread.

Have fun in la-la land!

I could link dozens of these if you really want me to...
edit on 23-5-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Okay, I'm going to try this one more time for the slow, ignorant fools on this thread.

YOU'RE NARCISSISTS, SOCIOPATHS, OR PSYCHOPATHS

You're lining up pretty much perfectly with the terms...to a T.

You don't even realize that your own perspectives are infantile...

This is just garbage on this thread.

Have fun in la-la land!

I could link dozens of these if you really want me to...
edit on 23-5-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

As I said, sounds like you're nearer the role of psychopath than anyone on here. Think you got some issues bud...
edit on 23-5-2011 by kidohno because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Hey, maybe you're right. The only way for us to find out though is to live our lives and follow our own respective paths. If the truth you speak of hits us one day, I hope we will all accept it with humility.

The bottom line is that this is a discussion and I am open to your opinion, but grouping everyone here and labeling us all 'narcissistic gurus' is quite harsh, don't you think?

Rather tell us how you came to that conclusion, maybe explaining your personal realization if you feel the need to share. I'm sure many of us would be interested in how you came to settle on that belief system.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I can see what the OP is trying to purvey regarding Enlightened Ego and yes it is an Oxymoron but it's something that cannot be avoided. The ego is like an excitable child, always there when ever something happens. I'll give you an example.

I was already gifted to begin with, there's a saying here "it does exactly what it says on the tin" DreamerOracle. I was also approached by friends before they would commit to a relationship and shown pictures of who they had interest in for my feedback....my vibe. Seeing souls I thought?......nope more like seeing ego's. Hard to explain, seeing what lies beneath by first impression....I don't need time to know people it's very much instant.

So last year I started to learn both Meditation and Yoga. I began to learn some of the Vedic Mantras, even loaded up my Ipod and left them running in my sleep (warning Heard Animals Speak when I awoke) The first time I achieved a complete quiet mind and pure intellect was alot like a waking dream state I was used to but with a lot more awareness and I wasn't alone.... I found myself within a circle of Indian people watching a man charm a snake. The person that had taken me there grabbed my arm and placed my hand within reach of the snakes bite. The Snake began to strike, the scene froze just before the fangs bit into my hand.
A voice said, "would you put your hand in front of a snake before you have learned to charm it"?... I came out of meditation and decided to slow things down...less mantra more technique before stepping into the power of mantras once more. I did wonder who the voice was?

A few weeks later becoming adept at quietening the mind, it was good for meditation but not so good for ego. Within my 2nd vision during pure intellect I came across a beautiful Indian woman but I could only see her hair and eyes as she turned to face me. This was what I could only describe as a devine being Saraswati or an Angel? This did give my ego a bit of a lift (lets make this clear I have always had a lack of any ego)

It had been a matter of 2 months when in meditation I had another vision while my mind was still and in complete bliss.....All of a sudden there was a blinding flash. Sat in the centre of the light I could make out a person sat in meditation.....It was Budha sitting in front of a glorious almost blinding light. He spoke to me,"You are the creator" he said and my meditation suddenly ended....why?.... because I was excited "EGO" An excited child listening in.
I was shown The Tree Of Life although it isn't a tree, it's many parts look like a tree, I had no fear, I was shown everything...Ego was now in overdrive...."from 0 to 60" in 3 seconds!

I stopped posting my dream reports for people to see, the Enlightened Ego (excited child) took over except it isn't enlightened it is the opposite, it is the thing that bars the way. You cannot get rid of ego it is part of you, control it and be aware of it.

I have a gift that brought mine crashing back down to earth with an almighty bump.......I had dreams regarding a nuclear power station disaster/killer sharks forming a wave that ate children as they crashed against the shore/ and finally 24th of February 2011 a dream of a "BIG" earthquake, I told no one, I made no threads.......My prophetic dreams didn't seem to be as important.

Enlightened Ego is indeed an Oxymoron, The Ego although a part of you needs to be controlled especially as you approach enlightenment.... be very wary. Key words "Karma, Control"

Finding out what the Ego is, what it can do and how to control it is a part of the path to Enlightenment.
edit on 23-5-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
.... the Enlightened Ego (excited child) took over except it isn't enlightened it is the opposite, it is the thing that bars the way. You cannot get rid of ego it is part of you, control it and be aware of it.

I am very familiar with that 'excited child' feeling you describe. I feel like sometimes it is holding me back. A part of me would like to, in a way, boast to myself that I went through those experiences. Its sort of like a self-affirmation, or a pat on the back. I'm trying to steer my mind away from that way of thinking. Is there a specific thought process or method you followed to try and to calm down that excited, 'enlightened ego'?

Thanks for sharing your story.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join