It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Enlightened Ego - Solving the Problems of Awakening pt.1

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Some of us have no patience, no compassion and thus no wisdom. We are like babies, lying on the ground kicking and screaming in tears because we cannot figure out how to put the building blocks together. Then our parent or teacher comes along and asks us politely to stop, but we are so lost in our rage that we pick up one of the building blocks and throw it at them. Only until later when we have grown up will we have realized how wrong we were, and then we will be forced to suffer in our regret.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

But have you ever noticed that when you become aware of your egotism, when you acknowledge "this thought or feeling is coming from my ego", humility arises and the ego disappears along with that thought/feeling? It cannot be found when this happens, at least until it arises again.

Yes I have and your right humility arises, but your wrong on one thing the ego does not disappear, it just has done its job and recesses into the back of your mind and self whence it came from, till it arises again. And so you can say that its like climbing a mountain or hiking long distances when you reach a certain hight or peak. You stop and look around on how far you have climbed and gotten and are content.

But its a mistake to think that in the very moment that your contemplating your being content, is all there is in all of existence or will be in all of existence. Is it not ego to think that any enlightening thought, or master that your read or learned from, or whatever and whoever, has reached the pinnacle of all existence and can do no wrong, or cant be wrong eventually as things change with time?

To say Ramana Maharshi, or Jiddu Krishnamurti, or Christ, or the Buddha, or any other of the many very wise human beings throughout our history are wrong on this would seem very egotistical to me, for, how can we as humans who have not achieved this level of wisdom judge their insightful wisdom as wrong?

I have read what some of those names that your wrote and some I have not, but mostly I have forgotten what I read from them or about them. But yes it is egotistical to say they were wrong, so sue me! I guess the only way to solve why I said why I said a few posts back. Is to reread what the whole thing I was arguing about, is about, which would mean rereading a couple of books most likely. Then put the reasons why I said what I said down in paper, which would most likely be a couple of books most likely. But unfortunately I have other things on my mind so maybe some other thread or whatever I will explain better I'f I feel like it.

Besides even the Buddha said.

"Do not believe what your teacher tells you merely out of respect for the teacher." - Buddha

Or this.

"One repays a teacher badly if one always remains nothing but a pupil." - Nietzsche

It's good to ask some questions, or question there whole theories to these so called wise men once in a while. The reasons being! First it's always interesting to watch them sit quietly and tranquil and all wise and stuff, when on the needles of your doubt and questions that prick at them. And second to clarify things. And third because thats how things are learned by re-evaluating things once in a while instead of just blindingly following everything they say or do or that you think you know.

And so my friend here is some more wise and zen like quotes.

"If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him."

And most importantly "believe of nothing that I tell you" After all I could be wrong or lying to you.

edit on 22-5-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Yes, carefully questioning things is always good. In fact, it is a necessity. However, to carelessly question someone who is tranquil or at peace, or to prick them with a needle as you said, just to see how they react is nothing short of a perverse form of self-gratifying entertainment in my opinion.

"If you meet the Buddha on the road, kill him." what does this quote mean to you?

Peace friend.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

No, we're just rational people who think that filtering everything through how one feels about it is retarded.

You're a feeler, I'm a thinker.

What of it?

It has nothing to do with "ego" or fear.

It's more like, WTF does this matter? WTH are mindless people trying to speak about things that can't be known, and can't possibly help out our species?!

Okay, so we're all one.

AND WHAT??

AND WHAT???

IT DOES NOTHING but helps people keep their heads in the sky, and deny reality.

You're trying to "teach" people to become mindless.

To deny their "ego"

WTF is an ego?

Qualify this term, please?

It's so much mindlessness, it makes me want to get a bazooka and floor the whole lot of you.

Trash.

Here, I found you a mirror, kid:

GROW UP!!
edit on 22-5-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

Be patient please. I have always been a logical, rational person. Mind over emotion type of fellow. But even emotion is a hindrance and is not what we are discussing here. This is hard for you to grasp because you've never experienced it, you haven't reached to that point where something feels wrong. Have you ever thought of something, say life on other planets, or your purpose here and during your thoughts, somewhere, you begin to feel like you're falling into yourself. Like a hole of sorts, a hole of your own self and all your thoughts stop...but your mind thinks about this falling and it suddenly stops. You suddenly "snap back to reality" for lack of a better term. Has that ever happened to you? If it has, you will have a vague understanding of what it is we are speaking about. Do you believe that you are your mind? That your thoughts are who you are? Most people do. I once did...and it hard to explain how I grew out of it, but I realised that you are not your thoughts or your mind. It is a part of you, a level of consciousness of you, but it is not your consciousness. The body, mind, soul...all are various forms of consciousness and they follow their own paths, the body has its own way, the mind has its, and so does you....your soul. All of these things do not always function in accordance with the other. In fact, they mostly do not.The body is a simple survivalist mechanism, the brain is more advance and you, you are a lot more complex and wiser than the brain. But you are soft and the more you're exposed to worldly affairs, the softer you become and the louder the mind becomes. You hear the mind, but you can only feel yourself.

This is not something that is easily explained. The ones who know of what I'm saying will understand clearly, you will not. What I encourage you to do though, is spend more time looking at things...be silent and observe the world. Watch everything and try to rest the mind; let things be. Try not to judge...and you will realise that the mind gets softer and you become louder. You start to hear yourself more and less of your mind.

There is nothing to loose, try it.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

I don't mean to butt in, but I have to agree with some of what you're saying. It is good to question, without questioning...those of us who are at the point we've reached, will not be there. We are always growing, the mind, the soul, the body...and always changing. I have only recently started listening to the words of some Masters, but I have experienced some of what they speak about for quite some time now, never really being able to properly identify it. This, to me, is a delicate matter...knowing that the mind is deceptive, how can you think without it? I think the ego is something that can cease to exist(but how is that measured? It cannot be) and I think the mind is capable of speaking without the ego. Maybe this is where the thought of intuition lies, where the mind parts ways with its basic self; the ego.The problem arises where we do not know when to stop? If the mind is deceptive, eventually you will have to know when to not listen to it...or when to teach it. And this is when your intuition is heard. For me, this is a bit confusing...I am very unsure on certain things as I've only recently started to be aware of things to this degree.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcabII

Be patient please. I have always been a logical, rational person. Mind over emotion type of fellow. But even emotion is a hindrance and is not what we are discussing here. This is hard for you to grasp because you've never experienced it, you haven't reached to that point where something feels wrong.

Another guy that things they know what I've experienced or haven't. Oh of course...if I don't match up with your philosophy I must not have experienced the depths of what you have..not logical and I'm not buying it.

Have you ever thought of something, say life on other planets, or your purpose here and during your thoughts, somewhere, you begin to feel like you're falling into yourself. Like a hole of sorts, a hole of your own self and all your thoughts stop...but your mind thinks about this falling and it suddenly stops. You suddenly "snap back to reality" for lack of a better term. Has that ever happened to you? If it has, you will have a vague understanding of what it is we are speaking about.

Listen kid, I've had "out of body" experiences ever since I can remember. There's a rational explanation for it, and it has nothing to do with spirituality. The places that go berserk in the brain when this happens has to do with spatial orientation. Our minds seem to have a high priority of knowing where we are when we're conscious. Obviously, this is for survival. So once we trick our minds in one way or another, else have epileptic electrical storms in at least this brain region, we recruit other areas of the brain for help. Viola, out of body experience.

Do you believe that you are your mind? That your thoughts are who you are? Most people do. I once did...and it hard to explain how I grew out of it, but I realised that you are not your thoughts or your mind. It is a part of you, a level of consciousness of you, but it is not your consciousness.

This is more irrational nonsense. IF I chop off my arm, I still will exist. IF I chop off my head....goodbye! I'm not merely my thoughts, I have feelings and emotions as well.

The body, mind, soul...all are various forms of consciousness and they follow their own paths, the body has its own way, the mind has its, and so does you....your soul. All of these things do not always function in accordance with the other. In fact, they mostly do not.The body is a simple survivalist mechanism, the brain is more advance and you, you are a lot more complex and wiser than the brain.

More nonsense. My brain is not my body?! WHAT?? Is my mind not my brain? REALLY? What about the people who get organic brain damage and turn psycho or genius, or into some madman? It happens. No reason to separate mind and the brain whatsoever.

But you are soft and the more you're exposed to worldly affairs, the softer you become and the louder the mind becomes. You hear the mind, but you can only feel yourself.

You're trying to promote mindlessness. You have a mind, so why not use it for a change? Trying to tell people to quiet their mind is like trying to tell a viper not to attack it's prey. You can't do it without the result being death. Don't tell me about "ego death"..this new age nonsense is another way of saying "psychotic", or more specifically, depersonalization. Narcissists go psychotic all the time and think they're god.

This is not something that is easily explained. The ones who know of what I'm saying will understand clearly, you will not. What I encourage you to do though, is spend more time looking at things...be silent and observe the world. Watch everything and try to rest the mind; let things be. Try not to judge...and you will realise that the mind gets softer and you become louder. You start to hear yourself more and less of your mind.

There is nothing to loose, try it.

Oh yeah, because I've never been psychotic before, and you would know this.

Well I have been. I've experienced a lot of trauma, and I've had many things happened which could be interpreted the way you say. You know what happened? I went insane, then realized how and why I went insane, then I did a lot of work to come back to sanity. What you guys are talking about is becoming entirely demoralized, and then losing your self in mindless idiocies. It does NOBODY any good in 2011.

Not judging has to be the most evil thing I've ever heard in my life. Have you no clue what monstrosities would arise in our society if 99% of us choose not to judge each other?! It's retarded.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Well I have been. I've experienced a lot of trauma, and I've had many things happened which could be interpreted the way you say. You know what happened? I went insane, then realized how and why I went insane, then I did a lot of work to come back to sanity. What you guys are talking about is becoming entirely demoralized, and then losing your self in mindless idiocies. It does NOBODY any good in 2011.

You're completely correct in everything you are saying and yet... you may not have full access to all the facts.

And you asked me earlier, I've been influenced by Steven Brooks so I would ask you the question back and then feed-back the answers to you, so you can get my answer of what is enlightenment by asking yourself the question, hope that helps. If you want feel free to fight and fight and fight on this board and vent a little anger, hell, you can get angry at me if you want with my foolish answers that don't go anywhere.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by yyyyyyyyyy

You're completely correct in everything you are saying and yet... you may not have full access to all the facts.

Continue. I'm sensing an ego maniacal personality, no?

And you asked me earlier, I've been influenced by Steven Brooks so I would ask you the question back and then feed-back the answers to you, so you can get my answer of what is enlightenment by asking yourself the question, hope that helps. If you want feel free to fight and fight and fight on this board and vent a little anger, hell, you can get angry at me if you want with my foolish answers that don't go anywhere.

Okay, this is a serious red flag.

Anyone who knows what to look for can see it.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

At the present time, there is something very scary going on in the metaphysical community: talk about the so-called "Indigo Children." One of the chief promoters of this idea, Wendy Chapman, writes: Indigo Children are the current generation being born today and most of those who are 8 years old or younger. They are different. They have very unique characteristics that set them apart from previous generations of children. [...] These are the children who are often rebellious to authority, nonconformist, extremely emotionally and sometimes physically sensitive or fragile, highly talented or academically gifted and often metaphysically gifted as well, usually intuitive, very often labeled ADD, either very empathic and compassionate OR very cold and callous, and are wise beyond their years. Does this sound like yourself or your child? Indigos have come into this world with difficult challenges to overcome. Their extreme levels of sensitivity are hard to understand and appreciate by parents who don't share this trait. Their giftedness is unusual in such high numbers. Their nonconformity to systems and to discipline will make it difficult to get through their childhood years and perhaps even their adult years. It is also what will help them accomplish big goals such as changing the educational system, for instance. Being an Indigo won't be easy for any of them, but it foretells a mission. The Indigo Children are the ones who have come to raise the vibration of our planet! These are the primary ones who will bring us the enlightenment to ascend. Sounds like a severe case of denial and wishful thinking, in my opinion. But, as we already understand the psychological reality is merely a tool for the Theological Reality, I suspect that the reader already has jumped ahead of me here and realizes what a big snow-job this "indigo children" deal is. Ms. Chapman has kindly provided a check-list to determine an "indigo child." After learning what we have about psychopaths, let's have a look at her list: Have strong self esteem, connection to source Know they belong here until they are told otherwise Have an obvious sense of self Have difficulty with discipline and authority Refuse to follow orders or directions Find it torture to waiting in lines, lack patience Get frustrated by ritual-oriented systems that require little creativity Often see better ways of doing thing at home and at school Are mostly nonconformists Do not respond to guilt trips, want good reasons Get bored rather easily with assigned tasks Are rather creative Are easily distractible, can do many things at once Display strong intuition Have strong empathy for others or NO empathy Develop abstract thinking very young Are gifted and/or talented, highly intelligent Are often identified or suspected of having ADD or ADHD, but can focus when they want to Are talented daydreamers and visionaries Have very old, deep, wise looking eyes Have spiritual intelligence and/or psychic skills Often express anger outwardly rather than inwardly and may have trouble with rage Need our support to discover themselves Are here to change the world - to help us live in greater harmony and peace with one another and to raise the vibration of the planet What we see above is a list that includes certain definitely psychopathic behaviors along with behaviors of gifted children. We have to wonder at the attempt to weave the two together. Where did this idea of "Indigo Children" come from? The phrase, "Indigo child" was coined by Nancy Ann Tappe in her book Understanding Your Life Through Color (1982) and refers to the color in these children's aura. Ms. Tappe was interviewed by Jan Tober for her book The Indigo Children (1999) and said: "These young children - every one of them I've seen thus far who kill their schoolmates or parents - have been Indigos." That didn't stop Tober from writing her book and declaring that these children are "Spiritual Masters, beings full of wisdom, here to teach us a new way of being." The way the followers of the idea justify the fact that "not all Indigo children are filled with unconditional love, tolerance and non-judgment," is by declaring that they require "special" treatment and handling with kid gloves because they are so special and delicate and sensitive. In a pig's eye. They are psychopaths and they have an altogether different agenda. And somehow, they are aware and seek to ensure that their offspring are well cared for, and that a lot of psychopaths grow up without being identified as what they are. Nevertheless, there is no explaining the extremes that "true believers" will go to in order to find excuses for inexcusable things. Elizabeth Kirby, a businesswoman in southern California, who has "studied and practiced metaphysics for the last 21 years," writes: In hearing about the school shootings, I knew Indigo children were pulling the triggers. The Columbine High School shooting was so horrific it caught everyone's attention. At the time my eldest daughter said to me, "Because they (Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold) were Indigos they wanted to do it, so they just did it. No remorse, no guilt, they just went ahead and shot all those people because they wanted to and felt they needed to." Indigo children don't have guilt to keep them in check and because they balk at authority they don't believe they have to follow the rules. Writers in mainstream America like Jonathan Kellerman are lumping the Indigo school shooters with the psychopaths; the dark entities who are bullies, con-men, stalkers, victimizers, serial killers and those who kill for thrills. I don't believe these Indigo children who have taken weapons to school to harm other children are psychopaths. They have been bullied and teased and have an avenger attitude seeking justice for injuries inflicted on them. They aren't killing just for the thrill of killing. These kids know changes have to be made within the school system and they chose violence to make their statement, to give us a wake up call. Some of these metaphysical Indigo children are not hesitant about using violence to bring about change, and to bring us to enlightenment. Indigo violence is here and it will continue, at least with this present generation of Indigo children. We are seeing with the current Indigo violence how the school system needs to be changed and how imperative it is to address the issues of bullying and intimidation in school. As the Indigo children grow to adulthood, their agendas will move out of the school system into our other systems, our social, political and judicial systems for example. Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma City bomber, is an Indigo. Amazing, huh? Did you catch the remark: "Some of these metaphysical Indigo children are not hesitant about using violence to bring about change, and to bring us to enlightenment."
The Psychopath: The Mask of Sanity

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Another guy that things they know what I've experienced or haven't. Oh of course...if I don't match up with your philosophy I must not have experienced the depths of what you have..not logical and I'm not buying it.

You don't have to buy into it. I'm not asking you to believe what some of us are saying. I'm asking, before you entirely dismiss it, try studying it a bit. As for your experiences, the same things may happen to different people, but they never experience it in the same ways; they are different, think and function differently.

Listen kid, I've had "out of body" experiences ever since I can remember. There's a rational explanation for it, and it has nothing to do with spirituality. The places that go berserk in the brain when this happens has to do with spatial orientation. Our minds seem to have a high priority of knowing where we are when we're conscious. Obviously, this is for survival. So once we trick our minds in one way or another, else have epileptic electrical storms in at least this brain region, we recruit other areas of the brain for help. Viola, out of body experience.

What I described was not an OOBE, it's a bit different. I've think I've had an OOBE once(not even sure if that's what it was really) and have read many accounts of people who've experienced it; I'm not talking about that. It's very hard to explain. It goes beyond your thoughts and it can happen in very different ways. The 'falling into yourself" description is one. Have you ever just felt whole with the Earth and things of nature? Not peaceful, or find it beautiful, but whole. I'm having a hard time explaining this, as you can see.

This is more irrational nonsense. IF I chop off my arm, I still will exist. IF I chop off my head....goodbye! I'm not merely my thoughts, I have feelings and emotions as well.

That isn't exactly what I was saying. But, if you were to chop off your head, your five senses would cease, correct. But would you cease to exist? They say energy doesn't simply disappear...and you are energy, essentially. But what happens to you? What does this energy convert into? But never mind that, the main problem with these beliefs is that science cannot prove it. The only way they're understood or accepted is if it is experienced, or somewhere within you it resonates. I cannot prove it, and I'm not asking you to believe it. You cannot believe what cannot be proven, or seen, or understood. Fair enough...I'm asking, attempt to understand it; try it.

More nonsense. My brain is not my body?! WHAT?? Is my mind not my brain? REALLY? What about the people who get organic brain damage and turn psycho or genius, or into some madman? It happens. No reason to separate mind and the brain whatsoever.

Re-read what I said. I never said the brain and mind are separate. In fact, I said the mind is a product of the brain. At least I think so. I started by calling the mind, the mind. Then, later referred to it as the brain. What you're saying is that the brain and body are one. That's true, but the mind is a product of the brain. Your nervous system has reflex action and conscious action. The spinal column controls reflex response while the brain controls conscious response. The body has needs that are different to that of the mind, some people call them natural impulses. You have a deadline, you are hungry. Your body craves food, your mind tells you finish the work before the deadline. They aren't in accordance with each other. You wish to experience all the pleasures of sex, you wish it to be unprotected, the mind says do not. Your heart desires someone...your mind says this person is not good for you, you neglect her. Some people have learned to dominate with their mind and sense of logic, while others let the body dominate. I function mostly like the former(I know you believe contrary, as what I believe makes no sense to you). It's an interesting structure, because you can clearly see the deep relationship between the two, but they don't always function in the betterment of the other...to the betterment of you. It's the same with the soul I suppose. All parts of the whole, all connected but function at different levels of understanding. Body > Mind > Soul > ________ (Maybe something else goes there).

You're trying to promote mindlessness. You have a mind, so why not use it for a change? Trying to tell people to quiet their mind is like trying to tell a viper not to attack it's prey. You can't do it without the result being death. Don't tell me about "ego death"..this new age nonsense is another way of saying "psychotic", or more specifically, depersonalization. Narcissists go psychotic all the time and think they're god.

If you read my post beneath the one you responded to, you'd see that I value the mind. I value the body as well. I'm not saying to stop thinking...I'm saying, sometimes, you must follow your emotions, sometimes you must follow your mind and sometimes you must follow your intuition. The thing I've found with the mind is that it has a need to understand and reason out so much, that it will deceive you in order to make it's existence stronger. Reading it sounds like complete garbage I'm sure and it's not something easily believed or understood. But the mind is a very powerful tool and consciousness, like emotions, the mind too is selfish and seeks it's own betterment. This is worse when the mind is strong, like yours. You think a lot, constantly thinking, figuring out things, you're a logical person...but the problem with this is, you cannot hear anything but the mind. In my first post, I said I believe children and people who tire of this world will be able to understand this more. There is a reason why I believe this. Children's minds are not very developed. They have an intuition and understanding of things adults do not have. As much as an adult grows, they actually loose some very important things that children possess. Child-like adults may be able to identify with this.

As for your take on this as "new age"; on the contrary, this is actually very ancient, ask the Hindus (the first organized religion).

Oh yeah, because I've never been psychotic before, and you would know this.

I'm not asking you to become psychotic and going through whatever psychological or emotional or physical trauma does not guarantee you'll experience things in the same way as others. It may take you sitting and watching a butterfly or watching someone pass a vagrant mindlessly to get hit by it. It doesn't happen in a specific manner. If you understand the concept of a lot of these things, you'd realise if more people stumbled upon this, the world would be a lot more peaceful and tolerable place to live in. It's a shame it's not a wide concept in 2011; would have done good for a lot of people.

Not judging has to be the most evil thing I've ever heard in my life. Have you no clue what monstrosities would arise in our society if 99% of us choose not to judge each other?! It's retarded.

Do not mistake judging with forming an opinion. They're not entirely the same thing.I'm not religious and especially not Christian, but in the Bible, God says even if a man is forgiven, does not mean his actions will go unpunished. When I say try not to judge, I mean...try not to use your ideals and ideas to measure someone else's. Let people be, things that you cannot control, think little of them. Stop trying to control with your mind and let go with your mind. Metaphorically, stop using your mind as a hammer all the time, and start using it as viewing glass more often. As you do this, your thoughts become less active and more passive. Passive isn't always bad. You'll have the same thoughts, but different realisations. What you'll find happening is that you tart to hear, or understand something you didn't once before, because your mind constantly drowned it out. By no means should you give up on your mind, it is a tool and is useful, especially when sharpened. Even Buddha says to question all things, even what he says. The thing about questioning things is that you truly appreciate it when you discover the answer yourself. And you cannot discover an answer to something by constantly trying to control or interfere with it. There is a commonality with meditation and science...they both revolve around observation. Sometimes you just leave things be...and watch it. that is how you understand it.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

I just think you're terribly confused, and spreading a bunch of nonsense, man.

The way you diverge mind and brain is a good example of this.

There is simply no good reason to do what you did. The brain does everything you mentioned, yet you choose to compartmentalize some of the functions. WHY??

I just can't bother to read the rest of that garbage.

Sorry.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

This thread has been quite thought-provoking for me, and something occurred to me last night in relation to the hidden ego.

The question has been raised by other posters how we may avoid feeling superior to those who act in obviously negative and destructive ways. If I may, I suggest that we have no way of knowing what karmic, mental, and physical burden they are carrying in this life, and to what extent they are living within their personal potential, given their inherent inner and outer obstacles.

Someone who appears to act in a harmonious and loving way, and who may be considered on the path of enlightenment, may have been born with potentials far greater than what they are manifesting in their life, whereas another who is on a self-limiting and negative path may have pushed their own potentials to the limit.

So while the so-called enlightened person's actions are praiseworthy when compared to the relatively un-enlightened, the truth may be that the former has failed far more to realize their spiritual inheritance than has the latter.

I am not sure if I am explaining this in a way that others may understand. This idea comes essentially from the observation of my own life, and how badly I have "screwed up" all the blessings I have received. To others, I may appear a "good person", but in my own eyes I am a train-wreck worse than anyone scraping the bottom of the barrel by society's measure. In short, I have absolutely nothing for which to feel superior to anyone, regardless who they are.

edit on 22-5-2011 by mysticnoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2011 by mysticnoon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I already drew the connection between the mind and body, as I think the mind is a product of the brain. But the mind and brain are different, not so? I did not speak of the body being hungry and the brain wanting to finish the deadline I said the mind wanted to finish the deadline. Hunger is of the body, and is processed by the brain, I know this. That is why I was not speaking of the brain, but the mind. Please do not twist what I'm saying, or pick out what you want to comment on and dismiss the rest.

On second thought, do as you please, it does not matter.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

I'm not twisting anything, you're continuing to not make any damned sense, and think this is okay.

It's nerve racking to hear someone who has made up so many layers of nonsense go in circles and try to defend his irrational notions.

I'm done.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

You described that very well, and I think that is a good way to look at people who are obviously suffering from some pretty difficult circumstances. As far as not feeling superior over others because you look down upon yourself, I don't think that is much better than just feeling superior over others. There still is no balance. Lend yourself the same wisdom you stated in the beginning of this post, and remember, what we do or what we have done is not who we are. To say you are 'bad' because you have done 'bad' things, or to say you are 'good' because you have done 'good' things, is too limiting and categorical and thus pointless imo. It is like pointing at a tailpipe and saying "this is a car", or pointing at a leaf and saying "this is a tree", or pointing at your toe and saying "this is a human".

Name the 'greatest' human beings to ever walk this earth and even they have done 'bad' things and/or thought 'negative' thoughts. Name the 'worst' human beings to ever walk this earth and even they have done 'good' things and/or thought 'positive' thoughts. Instead of playing this egotistical game of judgment, of what is 'bad' and what is 'good', I think it is more important to let go of this desire and just be. When your able to do that you will feel an immense sense of wholeness, like an ocean of energy buzzing inside of you, that is the awakening. The whole 'path' to awakening is just a device to rid ourselves of the egoic conditioning that is blocking us from remaining in that experience.

I'm sure you already know this, but I say this just to remind you, and myself.

Peace friend.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Thank you so much for this post.
Looking forward to the next.

: )

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Name the 'greatest' human beings to ever walk this earth and even they have done 'bad' things and/or thought 'negative' thoughts. Name the 'worst' human beings to ever walk this earth and even they have done 'good' things and/or thought 'positive' thoughts. Instead of playing this egotistical game of judgment, of what is 'bad' and what is 'good', I think it is more important to let go of this desire and just be. When your able to do that you will feel an immense sense of wholeness, like an ocean of energy buzzing inside of you, that is the awakening. The whole 'path' to awakening is just a device to rid ourselves of the egoic conditioning that is blocking us from remaining in that experience.

I follow what you are saying, and yet I maintain that I have fallen short of my own potential. This may very well be my ego speaking, as you suggest, but it is also who I am. I am not self-realized, and no amount of wishing or thinking or even "letting go" will magically transform this situation. A child cannot will itself to be an adult, it has to grow in accordance with its human nature, and this is how I see myself, as a spiritual child, and one who is very self-willed at that.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

Well I can respect that, and I definitely do not want to step in the way of what you feel you need to do. But don't confuse the laws of biological evolution with that of 'spiritual evolution', it is not as spacial linear nor is it as dependent on time.

Neither am I fully Self-realized, but from what I have realized, looking back, I laugh at how simple and obvious it all was. I have a feeling that when full enlightenment is reached by someone the person looks back and just laughs at how difficult they made it all out to be.

Peace friend.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Nice post and timely, thanks. I too struggle with this and you have given me a new direction to try. I am in one of those valleys were I am sick of the mindless masses even though I realize we are all from the same source and it is all an Illusion. This part of the journey is a real struggle, one week you think you understand a few things and the next you feel like you know nothing.

In an esoteric book I am reading it says humanity is like the planetary brain only about ten percent of the cells are firing and the mass of non-thinking humanity is like the part of the brain scientist say we do not use. I thought that was a rather succinct description.

Most of us tend to think we are farther along the path then we really are. You gotta give the ego credit it can really make you lap it up when it wants to. Thanks for bringing the focus back to it being my problem instead of everyone else's. Still the feeling of superiority, false enlightenment, and even depression, are very enticing as they allow you to justify things you know shouldn't be justified..

Still even ego enlightenment as you term it is a step on the path as it shows the soul impression to move up higher is filtering through however slowly. But the ego feels it and says; oh so you want enlightenment do you; I'll give you enlightenment...

I term those of us awake as those who know there is something higher even if we have not yet attained it. We have had a glimpse or taste. Those asleep are not even aware there is something more. Most of us are in that no mans land where we know there is a higher wrung and we have risen above the masses a small degree but not yet attained the next step. This makes it real frustrating and the ego steps in and appeases us with visions of our own grandeur so to speak.

It always comes back simplicity stop trying so hard and let soul unfold naturally... Thanks again OP!
edit on 23-5-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join