It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marinduque Discovery: Hidden Cave with Subterranean River

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The first underground river to have been found in Marinduque was recently discovered by a team led by provincial tourism officers. This find, together with the development of existing sites unique to the island, augurs well for combined LGU efforts under Gov. Bong Carrion to promote the island-province as an eco-tourism destination in the region - the San Isidro Cave and Subterranean River, Sta. Cruz, Marinduque, Philippines. Village leaders in San Isidro now bent on carefully preserving the site.This cave has never been shown on ATS so enjoy!

There are many caves some are Duyay and Talamban Caves in Boac, Talao Caves in Gasan, and the three-chambered Tarug Caves in Mogpog. You can also explore Bathala Caves in Santa Cruz. Of course, you should never enter any cave unless you have local guides and the correct equipment..

I hope they protect this new site from exploitation and protect it from people hunting for souveneirs and tearing the cave apart its simply beautiful and amazing..Peace sugarcookie1

Below is a video of the cave..

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
cool find, the Philippines has lots of hidden nooks and crannies that are filled with beauty. too bad corporate interests often destroy these places in the pursuit of profits.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
cool find, the Philippines has lots of hidden nooks and crannies that are filled with beauty. too bad corporate interests often destroy these places in the pursuit of profits.

Village leaders in San Isidro are trying very hard to preserve the site.Lets hope they can and yes the Philippines has alot of beautiful things to see i agree..

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I've read several of your threads on archeological discoveries,

some I already knew about...

Some I didn't...

but I just wanted to say thanks...

I don't comment too often... cos a lot of the times what I was gonna say... someone already said it...

I star and flag though.

but I read a lot and I love threads like this... its one of the reasons... why ATS is so awesome!

Due to my super slow dial up internet connection, I cannot watch that video...

but I wanted to say thanks anyhow

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
I've read several of your threads on archeological discoveries,

some I already knew about...

Some I didn't...

but I just wanted to say thanks...

I don't comment too often... cos a lot of the times what I was gonna say... someone already said it...

I star and flag though.

but I read a lot and I love threads like this... its one of the reasons... why ATS is so awesome!

Due to my super slow dial up internet connection, I cannot watch that video...

but I wanted to say thanks anyhow

Thank you so much EvolEric im glad you enjoyed the thread and others i have done its to bad you werent able to watch the video its such a neat cave ,,and thanks for the bump

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Id like to thank everyone that posted on this thread i wish more would have taken a intrest in this amazing find..peace sugarcookie1

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Again, thank you for another interesting thread on the wonders of our planet.
Spelunking is one of my secret hobbies and am very happy to see someone
putting it on ATS. I live in Western Pa.,a stones throw away from the Laural Caverns
and have spent many exiciting hours exploring those caves.While a section is open
to the general public, you can also explore the private sections if you wish to do so.

Here is a link to the Laurel Caverns that i think you will find interesting.
www.laurelcaverns.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 43LEO729
Again, thank you for another interesting thread on the wonders of our planet.
Spelunking is one of my secret hobbies and am very happy to see someone
putting it on ATS. I live in Western Pa.,a stones throw away from the Laural Caverns
and have spent many exiciting hours exploring those caves.While a section is open
to the general public, you can also explore the private sections if you wish to do so.

Here is a link to the Laurel Caverns that i think you will find interesting.
www.laurelcaverns.com...

Thank you for posting on the thread Leo
Id love to go cave exploring you were lucky to have the chance to do so..And thank you for the link i looked it over and thought it was very interisting..

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Gday Sugarcookie.
Thank you again for another interesting and magical journey my friend.
Its just like many of the other journey's you take us on, this is another wonderful place it would be love to visit thanks to you.
And what a haunting piece of music to go with the footage.
Thanks again for sharing it with us Sugar.
Peace
Meathed

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by meathed
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Gday Sugarcookie.
Thank you again for another interesting and magical journey my friend.
Its just like many of the other journey's you take us on, this is another wonderful place it would be love to visit thanks to you.
And what a haunting piece of music to go with the footage.
Thanks again for sharing it with us Sugar.
Peace
Meathed

Thank you meathed

I thoought this cave was very interisting id love to go there also and thanks for posting!

new topics

top topics

join