It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

It's Official: Obama is NOT a Christian.

page: 17
23
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I suppose and dearly hope that someone already has pointed out that the religion of Israel is JUDAISM, not CHRISTIANITY...????





posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals
 


took one look at the title then your avatar and didn't read.



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Just to get this correct in my mind here.....now we're bashing him for his religious beliefs? The BC thing not turning out the way you want it so now lets hammer him for something else?

I know my girlfriend hates the guy as does a mutual friend of ours (both Christians and Republican supporters) but with all the Obama hate on ATS over pretty much everything I'm tempted to buck the trend here and support him even though I would've preferred McCain as President myself.

What next, "Obama no longer has black hair, he's the son of the Devil"?



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC
 


Where did Jesus denounce the Tanakh or Torah?

Matthew 5:17-20

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.


There is so much blatant propaganda on all sides here it makes my head explode.

Religious arguments are the most irrational arguments on earth. People don't read. People take things out of context. Then people make stuff up.



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rlnochance
reply to post by Signals
 


Still ignoring the question I see.
So I have a joke for you. YOU MIGHT EVEN GET IT :O

A Pagan died and, much to her surprise,
found herself at the Pearly Gates facing St. Peter.
He walked up to her and said, "Hello, and welcome.

She stared at St. Peter in complete confusion. "Wait a minute," she said.
"I was supposed to end up in the Summerlands."

He smiled. "Ah, you must be one of our Pagan sisters. Follow me, please."

Peter gestured for her to follow him down a small path which went through the gates and down a bit to the left.
They walked for a short while, then he stepped back and gestured her forward. Looking past his hand, she saw the verdant fields and forests of her desired Summerlands. She saw people feasting, dancing, and making merry, exactly as she expected.

While shaking her head in wonder, the Pagan happened to glance over to one side and saw a small group of people a short way away from the edge of the Summerlands. The people in the group were watching the revelers, but not joining them. Instead, they were screaming and weeping piteously. The Pagan looked at St. Peter. "Who are those people? St. Peter replied,

"Them? They're Fundamentalists. They're a bit surprised to see you all there, so they stand there and carry on like that all day."

"Why? Don't they have better things to do?"

Peter leaned conspiratorially toward her.
"They don't really have a choice. They're actually in Hell. God doesn't like being told what He thinks."


Brilliant !!



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by SpectreDC
 


Where did Jesus denounce the Tanakh or Torah?

Matthew 5:17-20

Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.


There is so much blatant propaganda on all sides here it makes my head explode.

Religious arguments are the most irrational arguments on earth. People don't read. People take things out of context. Then people make stuff up.


I like you Cobra Commander. Always keep us in Line!


edit on 20-5-2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What the f is going on here? As bluntly stated by one poster here "religion should not dictate national policy" and I'll agree with this statement 100%

What the f*** folks, what ever happened to separation of church and state?



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Wake up! Does it really matter what religon he is or where he is born? You're Country is going through so many problems and this seems to be one of the biggest issues that Americans talk about! Are you serious? Massive floods, fires, debt ceilings breaking, colapsing economny and dollar, war, radiation, people losing there homes, collapse of the housing market and many other scandals.
You guys elected this guy, you need to stand behind him and support him until the next elections. Then you will just vote in someone else and hate on him too... and then you will talk about how great Obama was... it was the same when Bush was in power, the same with Clinton etc.

FYI
I know not all Americans are like this but so many of you are
edit on 20-5-2011 by inanna1234 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon102
What the f is going on here? As bluntly stated by one poster here "religion should not dictate national policy" and I'll agree with this statement 100%

What the f*** folks, what ever happened to separation of church and state?


Very true!

If that was the case (and it is in the constitution) then not only does that destroy every religious argument in this thread but it also destroys the OP too.

OP you are wrong because we can't make policy based on religion and Obama is following the constitution to a T.

lol.



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by inanna1234
Wake up! Does it really matter what religon he is or where he is born? You're Country is going through so many problems and this seems to be one of the biggest issues that Americans talk about! Are you serious? Massive floods, fires, debt ceilings breaking, colapsing economny and dollar, war, radiation, people losing there homes, collapse of the housing market and many other scandals.
You guys elected this guy, you need to stand behind him and support him until the next elections. Then you will just vote in someone else and hate on him too... and then you will talk about how great Obama was... it was the same when Bush was in power, the same with Clinton etc.

FYI
I know not all Americans are like this but so many of you are
edit on 20-5-2011 by inanna1234 because: (no reason given)


I agree with you. I also feel for you since your elections were just stolen to a guy who wants to sell out Canada to the NAU.

BEWARE!!!!



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by anon102
 


Well put. My attitude to this subject is that religion aside, what matters is what is right and what is wrong. It is right to treat all sides of a dispute equaly, and wrong to side with someone based purely on what they claim to believe about metaphysical matters.



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon102
What the f is going on here? As bluntly stated by one poster here "religion should not dictate national policy" and I'll agree with this statement 100%

What the f*** folks, what ever happened to separation of church and state?



I always thought America was ruled by the Christian right...

All the "One Nation under God" stuff...

All the "God-Speak" at every award show and every public announcement....

Obama seems a little less like that, but Religion is most definitely not separate from state in the US.
edit on 20/5/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed
 


Ya polititians are not perfect anywhere (in psychology i was taught that many psychopaths are drawn to politics)! I definatly know things in my own Country are shaky etc (were far from perfect over here)... but this whole birther/Christian thing is so annoying!



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This world encompasses many beliefs and religious standpoints.
I am not a Christian, Muslim or anything else, just a human being at the moment.
And still i was raised to do good, help others and treat everyone with respect.

I would never disrespect any other persons beliefs or put mine above anyone elses.
Topics like these are fascinating and very alien to me.
The notion of religious and cultural sovereignty, equally perplexing.



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm starting to think that any thread with "It's Official" in the title should be immediately put in the Hoax bin because it's never official.



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Technically, Jews, Muslims, and Christians have the same GOD...so we shouldn't be fighting over tiny specifics anyways.

Thats because this isn't about religion. It is about people in power abusing religion to gain control.

That isn't very brotherly, now is it?
edit on 20-5-2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals
 





Obama told us he was a Christian. A Christian is bound to protect Israel.



Do you work in comedy?



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
My evidence? Today's speech. It is a serious breach to a close Ally's national security.

Obama told us he was a Christian. A Christian is bound to protect Israel.

America is a Christian nation, like it or not!

If you read the Bible you would know what happens to the nations that turn their back on Israel.

It's time for Christians to speak up.

Our President traded Usama for Israel.

There us nothing you can post here to refute the guy is not a Christian. It's another lie, piled on top of all the rest!!!
edit on 19-5-2011 by Signals because: (no reason given)


The biggest like ever is God and the Bible.



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by inanna1234
reply to post by mudbeed
 


Ya polititians are not perfect anywhere (in psychology i was taught that many psychopaths are drawn to politics)! I definatly know things in my own Country are shaky etc (were far from perfect over here)... but this whole birther/Christian thing is so annoying!


Annoying X1000. Can even turn on the TV in the US right now unless it is the Cartoon Network (Adult swim to be exact)



posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


You reap what you sow.



new topics

top topics



 
23
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

log in

join