It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official: Obama is NOT a Christian.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This entire "Christian" movement is so hypocritical.

What if someone took your home away ?

Wouldn't you be upset as well ? Wouldn't you be the first to implement your right to bear arms ?

Is what we did here in the United States in taking this entire nation away from the Indigenous Peoples any better ?

If you want to get down to the basics of Christ. Look at Christ himself.

Christ was about peace. The Prince of Peace.

Christ did not condone violence.

Would Christ himself do what the Israeli's have done to the Palestinians ? In moving in from Europe and taking their land away by force ? Because they had the weaponry gained from the US and Europe to do so ?

Wouldn't Christ himself honor what the Bible quotes as far as loving thy neighbor ? And treating others as you would like to be treated yourself ?

By Obama stopping the violence, or attempting to give the Palestinians their own land back, which is all that the Palestinians are asking/fighting for.

He is actually following the word of Christ. In promoting a peaceful resolution to this.

Peace is the answer. We don't need any more wars for resources. For the sole benefit of the Rothschild Zionists.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
reply to post by oceanbreeze21

Well at least we know how to keep the world from coming to an end...don't preach!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by oceanbreeze21
reply to post by mudbeed

I agree that the Bible has been altered. However, having faith that God exists, I believe that He has preserved His message of sacrifice and salvation..the fulfillment of scriptures. After all, the message of His Gospel must be spread throughout the world before the end of times, and that would not be possible is humans have changed the message.

Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Then why is older (pre-jewish for example) have the same context in stories with different outcomes, different meaning etc....because you are wrong. He hasn't written anything. Men have.

Sorry...I definately believe in a GOD, but I will put zero faith in the bible or my local church and definately not the Pope.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by mudbeed

The alteration part comes from Revelations and refers only to Revelations.

You also might want to check out the Ebla Tablets, 5500 years old. It is clear that Canaanite myth has played a larger role than Sumerian myth.

The Enuma Elish, dates back 3800 years. Even the earliest fragments from the Epic of Gilgamesh, date back 4100 years.

I was giving the bible thumper a little information to start digging for himself.

Thanks for the clarifications though. Looks interesting.

I was talking about the Deuteronomy notation but that looks like it is specific to the commandments.
edit on 20-5-2011 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

I'm going to check out these "Ebla Tablets" myself as well.

I don't care what faith Obama is of, but if he said he was Christian...well, big deal. Some think that he's not because he isn't standing up for Israel in the fashion that they want. Didn't Obama go to Trinity United Church Of Christ in Chicago? (Some claim the pastor/reverend is/was/etc racist.)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Technically the land in 67 was taken from Egypt, Jordan and Syria.

Gaza belonged to Egypt
The West Bank to Jordan
The Golan to Syria.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee
This entire "Christian" movement is so hypocritical.

What if someone took your home away ?

Wouldn't you be upset as well ? Wouldn't you be the first to implement your right to bear arms ?

Is what we did here in the United States in taking this entire nation away from the Indigenous Peoples any better ?

If you want to get down to the basics of Christ. Look at Christ himself.

Christ was about peace. The Prince of Peace.

Christ did not condone violence.

Would Christ himself do what the Israeli's have done to the Palestinians ? In moving in from Europe and taking their land away by force ? Because they had the weaponry gained from the US and Europe to do so ?

Wouldn't Christ himself honor what the Bible quotes as far as loving thy neighbor ? And treating others as you would like to be treated yourself ?

By Obama stopping the violence, or attempting to give the Palestinians their own land back, which is all that the Palestinians are asking/fighting for.

He is actually following the word of Christ. In promoting a peaceful resolution to this.

Peace is the answer. We don't need any more wars for resources. For the sole benefit of the Rothschild Zionists.

I am not Anti-Jew or Israel...but people have to understand that Muslims and Jews are brothers and that Both sides are persecuted...it isn't a one way street.

Unfortunately greed over the holy land is what this ultimately is.

You are right. Obama did the RIGHT thing rather than automatically side with Israel.

He is doing the honest and just thing.

Ignore the fact that one side is jewish and the other muslim and you folks would probably come to the same agreement.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolydarknessVA
Today's friendly reminder:

How do you know when a politician is lying? They are moving their lips!

Thanks for that

Anybody else need more "Proof"?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by nh_ee

Technically the land in 67 was taken from Egypt, Jordan and Syria.

Gaza belonged to Egypt
The West Bank to Jordan
The Golan to Syria.

Either way, Palestine deserves a home too, right?

A tiny percent of palestinians are wacked out super muslims, but that is the case everywhere with any group.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Originally posted by HolydarknessVA
Today's friendly reminder:

How do you know when a politician is lying? They are moving their lips!

Thanks for that

Anybody else need more "Proof"?

I got your proof right here.

I love how little proof you need to come to a conclusion too.

Must be real nice to never have to read or do research.

Maybe you are just trolling.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkATi

I agree that we are not a Christian nation, although the freedoms our country provides does allow Christians to spread the Word here and abroad..as long as they are not on US govt property of course!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Sad thing is, most people in the congress of the US think the same way as the OP. Thats kinda scary.

Its pretty ironic that christians blindly support israel, when it is illegal to preach the word in Israel. Basically cause they hate christianity. Not all the Palestenian people are Muslim some of them are Christians and have been killed by the hand of Israel. That should tell you something about how they feel about you.

edit on 20-5-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Sad thing is, most people in the congress of the US think the same way as the OP. Thats kinda scary.

Good thing most of America and the Senate don't see it that way.

Thats why we need to stop voting for our fav party and vote for the folks that represent us and not companies.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

I will say it again, Christians, that is persons who love and respect the spirit of , and the word of Christ, cannot by definition support any nation or organisation which kills innocent people en mass. People who are what I call "society Christians" , show up to church every week, wear pastel shades, but spend all night cleaning thier guns and knives, do not count. They are liars, and the chances of any of them getting to heaven are slim to nil.

Please stop with the "Christians support X" angle. Its not true. Its a generalisation which paints an utterly skewed picture of the followers of Jesus. Jesus's followers walk paths of peace, and do not support those who walk the path of war.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

That's what, 4 members now accusing me of trolling with this thread.

Is it trolling to post something I believe to be right?

Is it trolling to stay with a thread I started and answer as many posters as I can?

Is it trolling because you have no valid argument?

Do trolls last as long as I have (so far) on ATS?

Do you have anything of value, anything, to contribute to this thread instead of making the focus ME?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Truther9111776

So...you would rather live in a nation that will be punished by God for turning it's back on Israel?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

I think everyone deserves a home: Kurds, Tibetans, Jews, Palestinian Arabs, Copts, Assyrians, Hashemite Arabs, etc.

The question should be asked is it really independence or segregation?

I'm not a fan of segregation. We all have to learn to accept and respect one another. This idea that people should live divided primarily for religious reasons is in my opinion absurd.

Acceptance, respect, and desegregation would bring real peace.

Creating religious and ethnic enclaves is only going to prolong the problem until it explodes again.

The best chance at peace, in my opinion, would be to form a union, between Egypt, Israel, and Jordan. A mini EU. Integration is the best chance for real and lasting peace.
edit on 20/5/11 by MikeboydUS because: of

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Why is it when someone puts "Its official" in their title it never is Official... just a load of assumptions based on their slant on an issue...

Change your title... to maybe... "My opinion: Obama is not a Christian"

There is nothing official about your OP

edit on 20-5-2011 by Muckster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

reply to post by mudbeed

No, just your intelligence comes into question depending on what you believe to be right.

Is it trolling to stay with a thread I started and answer as many posters as I can?

No, it just means you're likely a masochist.

I wasn't aware a Christian using the Old Testament when Christ denounced the Old Testament and recreated the accords of God into the New Testament was a valid argument either. Or that using the bible at all is a valid argument.

Yes

Do you have anything of value, anything, to contribute to this thread instead of making the focus ME?

Just the fact that I think the only people more stupid than a Christian using the Old Testament to support their religious based arguments is the people responding to you enough to make this a 16 page thread.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Any good Christian would support a peaceful Israeli state.

Unfortunately, the Zionist State of Israel is anything but peaceful, and any Christian who supports that organization and the unspeakable horrors it has committed really has to take a good look at what Jesus told them to do and how to behave.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

reply to post by mudbeed

That's what, 4 members now accusing me of trolling with this thread.

No it's because you

A) Don't have facts

B) Refuse to listen to your ATS Brethren and still haven't adressed all of the issues pointed out in your argument.

C) Your title is misleading (at best) or is a complete lie (at worst)

D) This is directed at you because you continue to defend the insane idea in your OP. It is Authored by YOU which means you are responsible to back up your facts, which you have provided NONE

E) This should have been in SkunkWorks and you should know better.

Hell I could keep going but I doubt there is a point. All you need for proof apparently is suspicion.

Well in that case I suspect you are troll since you can't seem to provide any proof other than your original ramblings.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join