It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says Palestine must be based in 1967 borders

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Total casualties on both sides (including Arab and Israeli armies) since 1947 have amounted to over 120,000 dead. That's alot of spilt blood over something that should have been sorted a long time ago and which both sides share huge responsibility.

As I said earlier, the Israeli's should show some humility and work towards peace, not always be looking for war. There is no one in the region, aside Turkey, that can touch them, why are they so scared of peaceful overtures?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

No, Muslims only respond to strength. The irgun and Lechi acted wisely by paying them their dues.

I really hope you're aware that many of the Palestinians are actually also Christians?

Not all of them are Muslims you know!

Peace!
edit on 19-5-2011 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

An attack by one state party against another is one thing, but launching a huge military offensive against guys with stones and bottle rockets, then end up killing more civilians is another. The two are not even remotely comparable, which is rich for a guy who accused me of comparing apples and oranges, even when I didn't make the comarison in the first place.

Have you forgotten what we were talking about? This is in response to Lechi and Irgun attacking the british and Arabs. But i see you also see this as relevant to Israels attack.

Ok. September 11th. US is attacked by stone age arabs. They thus use this exscuse to invade two countries and kill hundreds of thousands of people...

Now, this above statement will help you understand my above remark (which you in your demonic way try to cast as deluded) that international law works for those who write the law. They can commit all sorts of offence and human rights abuses without notice, but those who challenge them are put under the microscope.. Look at the Sudan for instance... Millions have been killed. The animist blacks in the south are being enslaved by the northern arabs. Why is this much larger humans right offence being ignored, while Israel/Palestine which is utterly paltry in comparison is recieving an obscenely innordinate amount of attention?

Because the Jews are never dealt with fairly. The gnostic/pagan European elite do not want that, because since ancient times - the very romans who named the region syria-palestina - hate Judaism...... Might aswell mention what really motivates this war of the gentile elite against the Jews.

Now we see your true colours. Your a bigot. Far enough.

Im a bigot for saying the truth? Islam respects strength, and Islam will not respect 'timidity' from Jews who for the past 1300 years of their history had been a dehumanized Dhimmi forced to pay exploitive head taxes, wear badges to indicate their Jewishness, forced to ride donkeys, and even then only on one side......

What are you smoking buddy? Callin me a bigot is absurd. History and Fact is on my side. Islam is far from the compassion emphasized in the New Testament. Muslims simply will not tolerate a free, autonomous Jewish state in the thick of Dar Al Islam.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Stumason I agree with all your points love ya man!!! Or girl idk lol but to the point.

I feel so enthralled Obama is calling for this surprised the heck out of me!!!I can hardly believe it finally clamping down on Israels atrocities and encroachments and illegal occupation. Of these poor people of palestines homes and land.

Finally the people who finally cry about the. Jewish bein treated unfairly can stop their whining the leader of the worlds super power and main funder of aid to Israel announces Israel to revert back to their pre-1967 borders this is jubilant news; perhaps there can finally be some peace in the region.

I suggest if Israel doesnt agree with the orders we force them too and send the Un in. If they don't we cut all funding to Israel the welfare state that they are funded by the US and transfer all Israels Aid from the US to Palestine who have been oppressed and mass genocide committed on them by Israel for decades.

Sorry for the punctuation on my phone
edit on 19-5-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Ya.... And if you really care about those christian palestinians you'll know that:

www.religioustolerance.org...

Being a Christian in a muslim land makes you a subject people. Its a law that has existed everywhere in Dar Al Islam. This is why in '48 Palestines christian population was 400,000, but today is only 60,000.

They realize that there is a better life overseas. They dont have to live as degraded Dhimmis.

Ironic that you dislike Israel, when Christians in Israel are actually treated by the same standard as Jews or Muslims, unlike in Arab lands.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I think you forgot to mention the atrocious treatment of Muslims in current Israel too. In the past Muslims and Christian conquerers have been quite tolerant in allowing all 3 major religions to exist in peace in the region for the most part.

I think your forgetting about he atrocities committed by Israel in recent times on the Palestinians; it's essentially been a one sided battle a mass murder/ genocide

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

Using this as an excuse to attack Obama ignores the situation as a whole.

Are you pro-Israel or something?

In fact, anything that Obama or ANY American politician does to infuriate Israel gets my stamp of approval.

I'm tired of Israel pulling the strings of American politicians!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

According to me, you're inconsequential and Israel's own actions towards its neighbors, other nations and even humanitarian aid ships will eventually send enough of a message on their own that they will be dealt with. I really don't care what happens to that country. As long as their military is taken away from them at some point, and they are left with less of a defense force than Japan or Germany, then I'll be satisfied. I wouldn't care if they were even taken completely off the map again, or given to Egypt or something.

That beautiful statement o yours almost made me shed a tear THANKYOU you are my new best friend. I am so glad Obama has ordered Israel to rever back to it's pre1967 borders finally we can have some reconciliation in the region.

Instead of the contrary Israel committing mass murder and genocide by having racist blood thirsty IDF kill everything that moves

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Let's just hope Israel doesnt pull another 9/11 false-flag type attack. To divert attention from the issue. I think Israel had a part to play in orchestrating 911 not sure how large a part but I know many will agree with me on this statement and many pro israelis will attack me vehemently by saying this.

But from researching 911 for 9+ years there's been a lot of suspicion to pin this on Israel(Mossad)

911 inside job but that arguments for a different thread.

I wouldn't he surprised if anothr false-flag happens soon.'with all that's been going on

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well Gee that was brilliant. It's not like there will ever be peace between the two countries however he just assured that for the next 50 years there will never be an agreement between the two sides. Maybe they can move along into all killing each other now and get it over with. I have the popcorn.

It goes to show you his complete lack of forign policy skills. There is no pressure that he is going to be able to apply that is going to force the Israeli's back to those borders. Not when they have 400, 000 citizens that have builkt homes in those areas.

Now do I agree with them.No. but it's the facts. and just when they were going to announce their statehood to the UN with the new border's Brilliant..

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

do you have any creditable sources for you insane allegations. What you just stated.

Simply makes you look like you need to be heavily medicated. Now if You have a reliable source I would love to hear about it. you know a nationally recognized news source.

Or did you figure this out all by yourself?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

Wow. One of Obamas testicles descended.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
They say good fences make good neighbors. Perhaps Israel should demand a buffer zone be set up in return for moving their population back to the 1967 borders? No permanent structures or military hardware built in the buffer zones. Create a friendship park where children and groups could come together and enjoy joint activities. You might need some kind of neutral park ranger service/border patrol but it could be a lot less militarized than the current border.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JerryB08

Insane allegations?? I'd provide some links if in wasn't on my phone ATM. Oh and just a little FYI I don't expose myself to your fanatical accusations that I need to be on medication in fact; I'm one of those people who don't believe in pharmacy Corp medication. You can keep popping our pills with a ton of adverse side effects though I I think I'll consult my naturalists/herbalist for healing ty

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

The 1967 borders are militarily indefensible.

That's your only reason? If you just agreed to accept a Palestinian state you wouldn't need to defend your borders because you'd be at peace...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by Chevalerous

Ya.... And if you really care about those christian palestinians you'll know that:

www.religioustolerance.org...

Being a Christian in a muslim land makes you a subject people. Its a law that has existed everywhere in Dar Al Islam. This is why in '48 Palestines christian population was 400,000, but today is only 60,000.

They realize that there is a better life overseas. They dont have to live as degraded Dhimmis.

Ironic that you dislike Israel, when Christians in Israel are actually treated by the same standard as Jews or Muslims, unlike in Arab lands.

Really! that's rich! - what an idiotic statement!

Because I know several Christian Palestinians who would love to return to a sovereign Palestinian state with their families - they dream of returning to Palestinian soil, someday!

Do you really think that they do not care about their home of origin and their brothers and sisters there just because they are forced to live in exile?

Some Christian Palestinian extremists even used violence trying to liberate Palestine - The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) was for an example founded by a Christian and included many Christians who supported and fought for the liberation of Palestine through their desperate & insane and horrible acts.

Ironic that you dislike Israel

Please don't insinuate that I dislike Israel.

I have nothing against Israel and the right of it's people to exist side by side with the Palestinian people in a two state solution, in peace.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Because the Jews are never dealt with fairly. The gnostic/pagan European elite do not want that, because since ancient times - the very romans who named the region syria-palestina - hate Judaism...... Might aswell mention what really motivates this war of the gentile elite against the Jews.

How pathetic..
But I guess you have to ask why...
Usually where there's smoke, there's fire.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Total casualties on both sides (including Arab and Israeli armies) since 1947 have amounted to over 120,000 dead. That's alot of spilt blood over something that should have been sorted a long time ago and which both sides share huge responsibility.

As I said earlier, the Israeli's should show some humility and work towards peace, not always be looking for war. There is no one in the region, aside Turkey, that can touch them, why are they so scared of peaceful overtures?

Thats actually an amazing number. One would think by all the hate and hoopla that millions had died on all sides since 1947. It also shows Israeli restraint.

Since 1947 the US has been involved in conflicts when combined may have killed millions: around 500,000 in Korea, over 1 million in Vietnam, almost 200,000 in the Global War on Terror.

Not everyone in the region is offering peace. Syria, Hamas, and Iran are not exactly looking for peace. Its a psychological thing, the people have been literally hunted and persecuted, while those who have not been have it beat into their heads by the older generations.

I still don't think the region will have lasting peace until a major war like World War II, shocks the people into peace. Like Japan, it may even require nukes to shock them into pacifism.
edit on 19/5/11 by MikeboydUS because: at

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

wow

pretty ignorant statement

could you not just try to act like an adult

and respond with facts to back up your contempt
instead of childish names

top topics