It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says Palestine must be based in 1967 borders

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Obama says Palestine must be based in 1967 borders

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama is endorsing the Palestinians' demand for their future state to be based on the borders that existed before the 1967 Middle East war, in a move that will likely infuriate Israel. Israel says the borders of a Palestinian state have to be determined through negotiations.
In a speech outlining U.S. policy in the Middle East and North Africa, Obama on Thursday sided with the Palestinians' opening position a day ahead of a visit to Washington by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Netanyahu is vehemently opposed to referring to the 1967 borders.
Unti
(visit the link for the full news article)

+2 more 
posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Is Obama going to plea for return of North America to the Indians?
Or return of the South to the South?
California, Arizona, New Mexico and part of Texas to Mexico?
And why not also give back the original 13 colonies to Britain?
The 1967 borders are militarily indefensible. It would be suicidal for Israel to accept this proposal, as it's enemies would (and have) used these areas as springboards to attack Israel. The country is tiny as it is, why are we asking it to give up even more land?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+20 more 
posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
good

this is where he makes some sense

but he will never do anything to fix the theft of these lands

israel should banish them selves for genocide and oppression

sad how they forget the not so distant past

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

give it all up

they are suppose to be a scattered people

bringing culture to all societies

not stealing the land of another while trying to create their own

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

Ha ha ha ha oh my word.

Israel give up more land? God forbid. Oh sorry yes of course God does forbid it doesn't it?

The Palestinains allowed a state? God No.

The monologue playing over & over in Obama's head when he confronts this issue. MUST PROTECT ISRAEL, MUST SECURE THE BACKING OF THE BIG DONORS AT AIPAC, MUST NOT BE PAINTED AS ANTI SEMETIC.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Isn't there already a thread about this??

Just sayin'

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

It's not that Palestinians aren't allowed a state, but they aren't allowed THAT state. Why can't they go somewhere else? Why do they WANT that land? God said NO, and yet they want it, and now Obama wants to help the Palestinians? Doesn't surprise me actually.

Unfortunately this is a sign for things to come. Whenever someone gets involved with Israel, something MAJOR happens that drives their attentions away from the issue.

What happened when Bush tried to divide Israel? Katrina, 9/11
What happened when his dad pressured Israel?
What happened when Clinton tried to do the same?

There's a long history of events that occur when someone tries to mess with Israel, like assassinations, heart attacks.. both with the US we usually get a major catastrophic event.. is New Madrid up now thanks to Obama?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

I was joking about the GOD part.

Anyone who thought that a GOD endowed the Jewish people with the land of Palestine would be offered some kind of psychologicall help in my world.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

He'll likely make an offer of providing NATO forces to maintain Israel's security in exchange for Israel withdrawing to the 1967 borders and a peace treaty with the Arabs.

No Arab state in its right mind would attack NATO.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Uh...this is gonna get crazy if anyone tries to enforce this.

Alien Coffee
edit on 19-5-2011 by EchoM because: time

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EchoM
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Uh...this is gonna get crazy if anyone tries to enforce this.

It would be crazy to try to force it upon Israel. Israel isn't Serbia.

I think they will do everything in their diplomatic power, i.e. money, to get some sort of agreement.

The last time we tried this, under Bill Clinton, Israel ran to Moscow and Beijing. If we put too much pressure, they'll do it again.

+8 more 
posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
The 1967 borders are militarily indefensible.

Irrellevant.

The 1967 borders are what is almost universally accepted as what the borders should be. You can't just pinch land you regard as being "more defensible" just because you want it.

It would be suicidal for Israel to accept this proposal, as it's enemies would (and have) used these areas as springboards to attack Israel.

Maybe they wouldn't have so many enemies if they hadn't stolen the land in the first place, ousted the orignal inhabitants anhd massacred any that refused to leave.

(and don't come back with the "Jews" were the orignal inhabitants, because that was 2,000 years ago. If you're going to hand land out based on Millenia old claims, then while you're at it, lets give Germany, the UK and France back to the Celts, move the people there now to the Urals, send the Turks back to central Asia and Mongolia and all you Yanks had better start packing your bags too. Alot of land has changed hands many times in two millenia...

The country is tiny as it is, why are we asking it to give up even more land?

Give up? They stole it in the first place!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Stole? They were attacked and invaded. They spread out to set up buffer zones after 48. The original land was legally recognized and authorized by the UN.

Show me proof of massacres. Many Arabs remained behind and became citizens. They have parties in the Knesset and even serve in the military.

There are many parallels with Northern Ireland, especially the Intifada and the Troubles. Heck the PLO and the IRA were allies. So I don't understand the reaction here.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Dunno if anyone else remembers this, but I do believe that the Allies at the end of world war 2 decided to give their whiney Zionist friends a country to live in. Oh but wait a minute now, there some people called Palestinians already living there. That don't matter because they aren't important. For all of you who support israel through all this middle east crap really need to go to school again and brush up on your world history. Israel doesn't belong there. It was not their land to have. And just so you know, I am not anti-semetic, I just know what I have learned.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Creamy Goodness

There were Jews already living there. More came from outside, but there were communities already there and had been there for thousands of years.

The British Empire "stole" the land from the Ottoman Empire during World War I. If anything the Middle East should be given back to the Turks. They had ruled the region for 400 years.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Is Obama going to plea for return of North America to the Indians?
Or return of the South to the South?
California, Arizona, New Mexico and part of Texas to Mexico?
And why not also give back the original 13 colonies to Britain?
The 1967 borders are militarily indefensible. It would be suicidal for Israel to accept this proposal, as it's enemies would (and have) used these areas as springboards to attack Israel. The country is tiny as it is, why are we asking it to give up even more land?

Keep crying, no one has any sympathy for Israel anymore except shills. And it's gotten so bad that Israel is scrambling even to get all its shills together online, with the IDF and all that.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Israel did not seize any land from Yassir Arafat (leader of the PLO) in 1967. This land was seized from Jordan's King Hussein. Jordan did not include a "Palestinian" State.

How can land be taken from Jordan, by Israel, and returned to "Palestine", which never existed?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Yes...What a sensible idea!!!

Now that Hamas is fully united with Fatah, and 500,000 Jews still living in Israel...What a safe and rational thing for Israel to agree to; which of course they havent...and they expect Obama to retract his demands and reaffirm the commitments made by the Bush administration in 2004...

Link

What utter nonsense.....Its bad enough Fatah is now united with the terrorist organization Hamas...But now Obama the muslim is asking for MORE, as oppossed to criticizing the PA for befriending this terrorist organization? Now Jews are supposed to feel safe? The 500,000 Jews in Judea and Samaria.. This is "defencible borders"? ..Whats going to happen to them Obama?

This is a recipe for disaster.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Its something that doesn't make any sense to me either.

Jordan controlled East Jerusalem as well. If I was King Hussein I would be trying to get it back.

Gaza was part of Egypt.

Syria is the only one trying to get lost territory back. Jordan and Egypt though are confusing.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

You are psychotic if you think there arent actual Israel supporters and every Israel supporter online is pai by Mossad...

Do you know how to use your reason? That is a repulsively irrational idea.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join