It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We gotta go after the Saudi government

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
At this present moment in time we are seeking new supplys of oil. Areas such as Africa, South East Asia and Latin America are but a few new sources.
Let us not forget that oil is our life blood and without it we will die as a Nation. Terrorist organizations use this commodity as an economic weapon against us and for the time being they are winning.
Our current administration is doing the best it can to wean us away from the Middle East oil dependence.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Ahh Bangin I don't think that using Iraq as an example is a good idea. The intervention there has generated much more anti american and pro Islamic feelings than would have been around WITHOUT the invasion.

The last thing the west needs is ANOTHER Iraq.

Originally posted by BANGINCOLOR
I'm not talking about taking out their leaders and leaving a void to fill. I'm talking about taking their country and we'll set up a puppet government like we did in Iraq.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
"Our current administration is doing the best it can to wean us away from the Middle East oil dependence"

You mean George Bush who family made millions in oil? You mean George Bush who, when 15 of 19 terrorists on 9/11 were Saudi Arabian, decided to invade Iraq instead of Saudi Arabia? Please list all of the things this administration is doin to wean us off oil?? Please.

"The intervention there (Iraq) has generated much more anti american and pro Islamic feelings than would have been around WITHOUT the invasion. "

Anti American/Pro islamic feelings have been there long before we invaded Iraq. We are just realizing this now. So what, we're not gonna go over there and kick someone's ass because we might hurt their feelings? The whole point of this post is to get to the real supporters of the terrorists, Saudi Arabia.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Just because sub groups in Saudi Arabia sponsor terrorism, does not mean that the Saudi government does as well.

The House of Saud is weak and their leader is dying. Underneath him are a range of potential leaders some much more extreme than him. The leader there is a moderate, to remove him only opens the way for more extreme elements to take control.

Do you REALLY think that if America invaded Saudi Arabia, killed the leaders and then imposed its own, that it would be any different from Iraq today? Do you REALLY see that as the answer to your demand to kill the terrorists?

The current family in power have had decades of American and British help, in training their army, building their society etc. IF you invade all that is gone, phut, and you are left with more anti west and pro terrorist activity.

Just because one element of a country are anti american does not mean the entire country is. The shallow gun toting philosophy, which Bush followed, is part of the problem we are in NOW.

[edit on 4-8-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Attach Saudi Arabia? It will never happen. Why? Because money is more important than justice and more important than the truth.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
"Just because sub groups in Saudi Arabia sponsor terrorism, does not mean that the Saudi government does as well.

The House of Saud is weak and their leader is dying. Underneath him are a range of potential leaders some much more extreme than him. The leader there is a moderate, to remove him only opens the way for more extreme elements to take control. "

Do you really think if a "sub group" like that existed in the U.S., we would allow them to continue to exist? Are you out of your mind?

Obviously, he is not moderate enough. Again, like I posted earlier, we install our own puppet government.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Although your map of the world may be different from mine, I don't see on my map that Saudi Arabia is part of America. Therefore you have NO juristiction to invade and kill the sub group of terrorists.

Try and think logically through the situation. What exactly would you do? Invade Saudia Arabia, depose the leaders, then what? The local populace rise up, the anti Amerian element, now a minority suddenly get a massive influx of members, rich members.

Suddenly you have american soldiers dying in 3 countries, the same gurillia war as in Iraq and Afghanastan. The biggest army in the world with the most advanced weaponry in the world can still be taken out by illiterate sand dwellers with $100 RPG's. What are you going to do then, you are in ANOTHER war that you cannot win. Look at Iraq, its just civil war awaiting a match. Install a leader there and he will be dead as soon as America leaves.

That philosophy has failed so far, why try and push it furhter. 3500 people died in 9/11. 994 have died in Iraq since then + those in Afghanastan, + the 1000's wounded.

And you want to open another killing field for America?

Originally posted by BANGINCOLOR
Do you really think if a "sub group" like that existed in the U.S., we would allow them to continue to exist? Are you out of your mind?

Obviously, he is not moderate enough. Again, like I posted earlier, we install our own puppet government.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join