It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While Obama Promises Billions To Egypt, Ron Paul Outlines His Plan For Sanity In The Oval Office

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
We don't need a raise in tax rate. We need a stable lower rate that EVERYONE pays. No loopholes, no workarounds. and apply to all types of income. we would be in the black in 4 years.

WRONG. The Flat taxes he wants and even with the cuts we would be broke and the fact that it would hurt the lower classes more than the upper class. Way to go DR. Paul. Its more sticking up for the rich.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scytherius
Sanity???? On WHAT planet?

Paul will never, ever get into the WH. He won't even be nominated.

His approach of "property rights trump all" is anathema to a free society. His belief that market forces will prevail is quaintly ignorant. That was almost out of date when it was taught to me in college in the 60s.

Ron Paul just another clown in the clown show.

Assuming that this post is directed at me I will respond by saying do you have a legitimate source to this quote?

Markets can absolutely prevail as long is there is an impartial watchdog. However I will admit that since our current system has been abused and therefore can be abused once again (no matter the fix) then there is a reason to change the system as a whole to something that could possibly be less prone to abuse by anyone who may gain from such.

As for the current political situation I think Ron Paul must be given a chance at the helm as there are really no other candidates who are willing to change the things that has brought America to it's knees.

If you have an opposing view, I would like to hear more reasons (with evidence beyond your opinion or lack of source) as to why this man should not be given a chance to change the direction America is currently taking.

Peace,

-AS-
edit on 19-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
i like everyone like ron paul

but i think someone needs to inject a sense of reality into the situation

there are many ideas he has, that over time would benefit the country, however if he implements them the way he talks about sometimes, the country wont last long enough to benefit

look what happened with obama

he promised change, the country went nuts and look where we are

ron pauls making a lot of promises, the country is going nuts

if he makes the instant cuts he has talked about in the past, the country will riot

i could see his ideas working in a 20 year period, but he only gets 4 to 8

if he rushes things, the nation will crumble

the truth of the matter is, we are one spark away from a civil or revolutionary war right now today

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Amen. Dr Paul may be this nations last chance for survival. If things continue as they are the coming financial catastrophe will destroy us. Honestly though, I do not see TPTB allowing Ron Paul to get elected. If he somehow did, they would kill him and blame Al-Queda or something.

Quoted and saved for future reference.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDevilOfLies
i like everyone like ron paul

but i think someone needs to inject a sense of reality into the situation

there are many ideas he has, that over time would benefit the country, however if he implements them the way he talks about sometimes, the country wont last long enough to benefit

look what happened with obama

he promised change, the country went nuts and look where we are

ron pauls making a lot of promises, the country is going nuts

if he makes the instant cuts he has talked about in the past, the country will riot

i could see his ideas working in a 20 year period, but he only gets 4 to 8

if he rushes things, the nation will crumble

the truth of the matter is, we are one spark away from a civil or revolutionary war right now today

If one can overlook the broken promises of past U.S. Presidents then one can see that, even though the action that Ron Paul is willing to take, his logic is the strongest.

I can guarantee you that it is much better if America were to accept the consequences of it's actions in a quick manner rather than experience the inevitable in a slow manner.... If America must go through an almost "bankrupt" stage, it would be best to do it quick instead of slow ... Do you want much infrastructure to stay intact? I thought so...

I hope most readers will see this as positive criticism.

-AS-
edit on 19-5-2011 by AeonStorm because: added

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I completely agree with you. The corruption, lobbying and lying has gone on for SO long from pretty much every arm of the government that it can't be an overnight change or even as you said 4 years is short. That's why his ideas seem drastic because the very government the USA has is very drastic but in my oppinion in the wrong direction

What I definitely want to see is someone getting the ball rolling and Ron Paul could be just that someone.

You can get a lot done in 4-8 years AND undone looking at the last couple presidents have shown. Nonetheless I'm sure someone after Ron Paul will have a little bit of a mess to deal with but hopefully the foundation will be laid out for him to carry on and build an America that we all wish it was.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDevilOfLies

The promises Ron Paul is making now, has no relevance being it is not running time. When the time comes that RP has to speak in front of millions of TV viewers to show and tell why he want's to be president, that is when we can hold him to his word. Otherwise anything he say's now has no relevance.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi

Originally posted by CaDreamer
We don't need a raise in tax rate. We need a stable lower rate that EVERYONE pays. No loopholes, no workarounds. and apply to all types of income. we would be in the black in 4 years.

WRONG. The Flat taxes he wants and even with the cuts we would be broke and the fact that it would hurt the lower classes more than the upper class. Way to go DR. Paul. Its more sticking up for the rich.

I have been reading all your post on this subject and would like to know how has the stimulus helped you all the money going to the banks here and overseas how had that helped you? More taxes more government does not help the tax payer. Where you around for the Carter years? Stagnation high interest rates no employment? A flat tax if you read how it works would not put undue pressure on the poor of this nation who are better feed than anywhere in the world, it would kick in at what 25-30 grand? And all that black market under the table money would be collected in that flat tax. As far as rising the tax on the purposed rich ask New York how they are doing after rising taxes everyone of those mean fat cats split the state. This constant pitting the rich against the poor of this nation is getting old. When was the last time you got a job from a poor person?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
www.sacbee.com...

Maybe this may help Ron Paul's chances.

He's got a lot of work to do. I like his ideas. Maybe, just maybe.

Then again, I voted for Obama. So what do I know?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SelfSustainedLoner
reply to post by TheDevilOfLies

The promises Ron Paul is making now, has no relevance being it is not running time. When the time comes that RP has to speak in front of millions of TV viewers to show and tell why he want's to be president, that is when we can hold him to his word. Otherwise anything he say's now has no relevance.

What you say does hold truth.

+1 star

-AS-

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
AMERICA HAS ALWAYS GIVEN EGYPT MONEY....SINCE HOWARD CARTER....so obama is honoring carters peace agreement....and protecting isreals ineterest...EGYPT WOULD NOT ALLOW ISREAL TO HAVE DISPROPORTIONATE INVESTMENT.....egypt get 1 billion...isreal gets over 10 billion

at the end of the day
that money is in the benefit for isreal.... the US..... and anyone that uses the canal..so fix up...your sounding more and more like a lynch mob each day.

ron paul...whoever that is....how can you nip pick at a lame issue like this...unless he want to change the status quo in the middle east...this situation is bigger than ron paul, he needs to know his place......when nasser and sadat fought the isrealis...america and us BEGGED sadat to sign and take this money....isreal got a state, got free gas, got free access to the canal etc etc etc etc tectetc etc etc ....and ron paul wants to blame obama lololol....sorry but he sounds like an oppurtunist that must of been washing his hair while bush was in power

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
AMERICA HAS ALWAYS GIVEN EGYPT MONEY....SINCE HOWARD CARTER?
Who is Howard Carter and why are you shouting? We need to shut down all aid all over the world if the world needs money have a fund raiser. I am tired of giving money to people who hate us and it never gets to the people who really needs it.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It all sounds good but the big assumption is that they still count our votes!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
How about tariffs on imported goods?
That'll help too. Does he say anything about that?
And to include oil??

That would make us be more dependant on American made products and oil drilled here.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Apparently Dr.Paul does not realize that slashing pending during a hard economic time the economy will get far worse. There is a reason that no sane person takes him seriously.

Several things for you to ponder.

The printing of money the Fed is doing to keep up with the deficit spending is the direct cause of much of the unrest in the world right now as it is causing food prices to rise globally. Poor people, particularly in the middle east, cannot afford to eat due to the devaluing dollar = civil unrest.

It is not the job of government, nor is it within its capabilities, to create real, productive, jobs. We need to make real things. We cannot have an economy based on government service sector jobs and financial sector jobs.

The US is dead flat broke and financing the debt through POMO. Essentially buying back recently issued treasuries with the end result that the proceeds find there way into the stock market to keep it going up.

The US has now breached the debt ceiling and is raiding pensions.

The dollar has lost 94% of its value since the illegal Fed came into existence in 1913.

Did I mention... we're broke?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

AMERICA HAS ALWAYS GIVEN EGYPT MONEY....SINCE HOWARD CARTER....so obama is honoring carters peace agreement....and protecting isreals ineterest...EGYPT WOULD NOT ALLOW ISREAL TO HAVE DISPROPORTIONATE INVESTMENT.....egypt get 1 billion...isreal gets over 10 billion

at the end of the day
that money is in the benefit for isreal.... the US..... and anyone that uses the canal..so fix up...your sounding more and more like a lynch mob each day.

ron paul...whoever that is....how can you nip pick at a lame issue like this...unless he want to change the status quo in the middle east...this situation is bigger than ron paul, he needs to know his place......when nasser and sadat fought the isrealis...america and us BEGGED sadat to sign and take this money....isreal got a state, got free gas, got free access to the canal etc etc etc etc tectetc etc etc ....and ron paul wants to blame obama lololol....sorry but he sounds like an oppurtunist that must of been washing his hair while bush was in power

The first paragraph if you can call it that is 100% correct in my mind. Everything else you said is just a ramble.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkaba93

Apparently Dr.Paul does not realize that slashing pending during a hard economic time the economy will get far worse. There is a reason that no sane person takes him seriously.

Several things for you to ponder.

The printing of money the Fed is doing to keep up with the deficit spending is the direct cause of much of the unrest in the world right now as it is causing food prices to rise globally. Poor people, particularly in the middle east, cannot afford to eat due to the devaluing dollar = civil unrest.

It is not the job of government, nor is it within its capabilities, to create real, productive, jobs. We need to make real things. We cannot have an economy based on government service sector jobs and financial sector jobs.

The US is dead flat broke and financing the debt through POMO. Essentially buying back recently issued treasuries with the end result that the proceeds find there way into the stock market to keep it going up.

The US has now breached the debt ceiling and is raiding pensions.

The dollar has lost 94% of its value since the illegal Fed came into existence in 1913.

Did I mention... we're broke?

First of all we are not broke. We are far from it. We have essentially always had debt. Not a very big deal.
The government does not have to be the back bone of the economy but it is a very important part of it. Right now the biggest part is the consumer sector.

second, the Fed is not illegal. I am not sure why people keep saying that. It seems to me that the people who hate do not understand it. I should write up something for ATS about the Fed.

Did I mention that we are not broke.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
How about tariffs on imported goods?
That'll help too. Does he say anything about that?
And to include oil??

That would make us be more dependant on American made products and oil drilled here.

Tariffs cause trade disputes and decreases trade. If we put tariffs on them , they will do the same thing back. When trade decreases, then we can not export anything and then we lose more jobs. That seems very logical.

Oh and we do not have enough oil here in the states to power the country.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

i dont know about you but i have listened to paul SAY he is going to eliminate things like welfare, ssd, and other things similar

he wants to get rid of a lot of benefits, and things that help a lot of people

things he has talked about eliminating, a large portion of this country DEPEND on for day to day survival

if paul goes into office and cuts things the way he has said he will in the past, BEFORE the proper steps are taken to create alternatives

these people, BOTTOM LINE, will be left with nothing

when people have nothing and have no options, they riot, they fight, they dont work or cooperate, they dont have time for that, they are in survival mode, they are simply worrying about their next meal and their next pill to stay alive and many of these pills we have put these people on, they will not survive if these pills are taken away cold turkey like paul has talked about

if ron paul does things how he says he will in many of his speeches, he WILL be assassinated by the lower class and this country will be burnt by uncontrollable riots, that is in no way a threat or any declaration of personal actions, its simply the honest truth, the poor people in this country are on serious edge, just like at city stats and crime

theres just no way around it, its common sense

there will be no infrastructure if you take away many peoples only current means for survival, these people are already at the bottom of the totem pole and already today, take part in great violence in our cities

do you really honestly believe this country would last a single month with all the cuts ron paul has spoken of if not done slowly and tactfully?

im not saying we dont need to do EVERYTHING ron paul suggests EVENTUALLY

im just saying bottom line, if you do it how he says, there will be no recovery, there wont be any fast anything, there will be riots and war in this country the likes of which have never been witnessed

thats the bottom line im sorry to say

in order to fix all of the serious and widespread problems created over decades, and continue a working govt, things must be done very tactically and with proper timing.

with only 4 years in office to do all he says, hes simply not talking about doing that, hes talking about going in and turning off the water, basically during a firestorm

the fire storm will grow out of control far before any rebuilding takes place, and once the fire is over, it sure as hell wont be anything like the usa we know now, it will be much worse due to the formation of multiple factions rather then one country

right now this nation is more divided then ever, if we got to war with ourselves this nation is done, too many different ideas to all come back together once its been broken apart

be honest with yourselves on this man people

if he does what he says, or pulls an obama, this man WILL BE VERY DANGEROUS

and this post is coming from a man who supports paul and agree with the things he says, just not the time frame

im just being realistic which few in this world and on this site seem to ever do

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join