It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While Obama Promises Billions To Egypt, Ron Paul Outlines His Plan For Sanity In The Oval Office

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

Originally posted by gorgi

Originally posted by CaDreamer
We don't need a raise in tax rate. We need a stable lower rate that EVERYONE pays. No loopholes, no workarounds. and apply to all types of income. we would be in the black in 4 years.

WRONG. The Flat taxes he wants and even with the cuts we would be broke and the fact that it would hurt the lower classes more than the upper class. Way to go DR. Paul. Its more sticking up for the rich.

I have been reading all your post on this subject and would like to know how has the stimulus helped you all the money going to the banks here and overseas how had that helped you? More taxes more government does not help the tax payer. Where you around for the Carter years? Stagnation high interest rates no employment? A flat tax if you read how it works would not put undue pressure on the poor of this nation who are better feed than anywhere in the world, it would kick in at what 25-30 grand? And all that black market under the table money would be collected in that flat tax. As far as rising the tax on the purposed rich ask New York how they are doing after rising taxes everyone of those mean fat cats split the state. This constant pitting the rich against the poor of this nation is getting old. When was the last time you got a job from a poor person?

The stimulus has helped me by not having the economy completely collapse. Yes more taxes will help us as long as the burden is placed no the right group of people.And Paul Volker did fix the problem not Regan. Since when is 30k considered rich. A high flat tax would hurt them and there is not enough money generated by having a low tax rate ion the rich like that. That is like the reverse robin hood effect.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SelfSustainedLoner

no offense but in my opinion that is simply completely backwards logically as far as this nation goes politically

look at campaigns today right now

youre telling me, that people are only held to what they say during the campaign and everything previous to the campaign doesnt matter?!?!

what country are you in?!? seriously

everything ron pauls says is what he should be held to, and if he doesnt mean what he says, he shouldnt be out on tv getting everyone all worked up

basically what youre saying is that people can go out there for years and spew whatever they want, but it can all be ignored until they decide to run, then once they are actually in campaign mode, THOSE are the only things that influence us?!?

ROFL absolutely hysterical, be honest with yourself please

lets do a quick review

basically nothing ron paul says matters until he goes into a presidential debate as a leading candidate right?

again if thast the case, you MUST be kidding, or youre completely lying to yourself

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
hey ats

just wanted to say according to you guys we shouldnt listen to a word ron paul says until he is the presidential candidate officially

so lets stop with the ron paul says since nothing he says right now matters anyways

where do you people get your logic?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Apparently Dr.Paul does not realize that slashing pending during a hard economic time the economy will get far worse. There is a reason that no sane person takes him seriously.

Stop living in stupid-land. I offered to review all the misinformation you put out about Ron Paul, and you REFUSED.

The case in point is your idea of economics. Lets say I'm a poor guy named John, and I have a family of five to feed. I'm going through economic hard times and may lose my job.

What I would do if I were John: Decrease spending. Economic hard times are a time to save money and shrink your personal economy.
What you would do: Increase spending... John can borrow his way out of his hole and increase his household GDP in the process.

I know more about economics than 10 of you put together. And Ron Paul knows several times more about economics than I do. And I'll even offer you yet again to jointly take a look at all the available facts. I'm sure you'll reject my offer since it could mean admitting you are wrong.
edit on 19-5-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDevilOfLies
hey ats

just wanted to say according to you guys we shouldnt listen to a word ron paul says until he is the presidential candidate officially

so lets stop with the ron paul says since nothing he says right now matters anyways

where do you people get your logic?

Ron Paul did officially announce his presidency campaign on May 13. When he went on the news they immediately attacked him for having a few unusual positions on completely irrelevant issues that have no bearing on what his actual plans are for the oval office.

Ron Paul does have some odd positions, but only because he is honest. If Obama were honest he'd regularly say things like: "you know, we should kill off 80% of humans... the world is overpopulated." If you think the unusual comments by Paul are bad imagine how an honest Obama would be received. LOL.

If you don't think Obama has crazy positions he would never publish then you don't know about authoritarianism. Ron Paul has no problem spilling the beans on his handful of unusual positions. The vast majority of this positions are actually a refreshing breath of realism and sanity.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

i know hes officially running and i know everything he says matters

the post you replied to was a sort of sarcastic reply on my behalf commenting on the stances others have taken that believe ron pauls words are meaningless until hes one of the 3 actually going on the ballot

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by merkaba93

Apparently Dr.Paul does not realize that slashing pending during a hard economic time the economy will get far worse. There is a reason that no sane person takes him seriously.

Several things for you to ponder.

The printing of money the Fed is doing to keep up with the deficit spending is the direct cause of much of the unrest in the world right now as it is causing food prices to rise globally. Poor people, particularly in the middle east, cannot afford to eat due to the devaluing dollar = civil unrest.

It is not the job of government, nor is it within its capabilities, to create real, productive, jobs. We need to make real things. We cannot have an economy based on government service sector jobs and financial sector jobs.

The US is dead flat broke and financing the debt through POMO. Essentially buying back recently issued treasuries with the end result that the proceeds find there way into the stock market to keep it going up.

The US has now breached the debt ceiling and is raiding pensions.

The dollar has lost 94% of its value since the illegal Fed came into existence in 1913.

Did I mention... we're broke?

First of all we are not broke. We are far from it. We have essentially always had debt. Not a very big deal.
The government does not have to be the back bone of the economy but it is a very important part of it. Right now the biggest part is the consumer sector.

second, the Fed is not illegal. I am not sure why people keep saying that. It seems to me that the people who hate do not understand it. I should write up something for ATS about the Fe

Did I mention that we are not broke.

We are not broke and Obamas birth certificat is real.(rolling eyes in disbelif of your party line BS)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I don't like Paul, I do believe he is just another rightwing hack. He'd be the worst president in my opinion among the rest of them.

But I agree with the argument that sending billions to Egypt is another waste. This isn't just Obama, it's congress, it's the Democrats and the Republicans. Obama could make a stand and refuse to send billions, but he made it clear, he advocates for the idea.

We're sending billions to another nation while we're in this state? We've been sending $4 billion to Israel over the last few years, we're sending millions in aid to middle eastern countries. We can't afford it, we seriously cannot afford it. This has been going on for years?? What the heck is going on.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I love Ron Paul and will vote for him. Hes the only person I find to be purely honest.

But!

If dude makes it in to the oval office...lets be real...you cant just undue 100 years of bad monetary and foreign policy in a 4 year term and not expect # to be flipped upside down.

Not sayin it shouldnt be flipped upside down. But the economy will tank..at least temporarily. Hopefully it comes back stronger and with a real foundation. But the # will hit the fan in a big way in my opinion.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

What Ron Paul is saying there is that Obama is tied directly into the de-population cabal and that if he were to be honest with the American people about his hope and change, that is what he would say. As it is POTUS is lying about his real intentions. Sometimes he does tell us though, you know like with comments like "Spread the wealth". You just have to know what he means.
edit on 20-5-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Yes Ron Paul should be our next President but it won't happen. Even if he were to be elected it wouldn't take long for TPTB to take care of it. I don't agree with everything Ron stands for but at least I know he is an honest person and speaks his mind. We need smaller government, less military involvement around the world, and tightening of our borders. These are things Ron believes in and I can deal with his other radical ideas because he makes sense! Just because you legalize drugs doesn't mean we will see some significant jump in drug usage. Those that use drugs are gonna use them regardless. I also believe auditing the Fed would be a good thing in the long run but it will cause some problems in the short term that I am willing to deal with. We as a country need to learn to live without certain things and until we get people in government to DO THE RIGHT THING in 10 years we will be 25 trillion in debt and living in a third world country.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

The case in point is your idea of economics. Lets say I'm a poor guy named John, and I have a family of five to feed. I'm going through economic hard times and may lose my job.

Hey John

Minimum wage is now gone,

I will hire you for half the price of what you used to make

Hey John

the entire market wage floor has dropped, I can justify paying you a third of what you once made

Hey John

Your creditors and service providers banned together and retro actively tacked on an adjusting interest rate
onto all of your bills if you breach, any term of any contract you have executed or are liable for.

Hey John

there are a lot of things that come with the package that remain unsaid

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Some of these comments supporting Ron Paul are eerily similar to the ones coming from people who supported Obama. Could be scary.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Because slashing the foreign aid will hurt the economy some how ?? and its going to get much worse if we do nothing or even if we stick to bailing out companys (wich whe should never have done in a free market even if some of them where banks ) no one is to big to fail and if they are big and they fail they would be replaced by many creating many new jobs. if it saves this great nation for our children and our childrens children then its worth it. Their is a reason only insane people dont take him seriously, because they hold the power for now. But every dog has his day and theirs is almost up. RP. 2012

Its comments like these that make me suport R.P. because if you cant understand what he is saying then you dont have a better way to fix the problem.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist
Some of these comments supporting Ron Paul are eerily similar to the ones coming from people who supported Obama. Could be scary.

This is true but if anyone is excited about a canidate you could say the same thing And his platform can be twisted to mean a lot of scarry things but i hope it wont be besides he wont be able to do half of what he wants do to the fact that he just would not have the power and some will get very dissapointed just as long as he dosnt do a 180 if he gets into office Like some other prez in the pastish we would probably be better off tho
edit on 20-5-2011 by jonco6 because: forgot something

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Hey John

Hey John

the entire market wage floor has dropped, I can justify paying you a third of what you once made

Hey John

Your creditors and service providers banned together and retro actively tacked on an adjusting interest rate
onto all of your bills if you breach, any term of any contract you have executed or are liable for.

Hey John

wow dude now thats scarry

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

I don't like Paul, I do believe he is just another rightwing hack. He'd be the worst president in my opinion among the rest of them.

But I agree with the argument that sending billions to Egypt is another waste. This isn't just Obama, it's congress, it's the Democrats and the Republicans. Obama could make a stand and refuse to send billions, but he made it clear, he advocates for the idea.

We're sending billions to another nation while we're in this state? We've been sending $4 billion to Israel over the last few years, we're sending millions in aid to middle eastern countries. We can't afford it, we seriously cannot afford it. This has been going on for years?? What the heck is going on.

It is an attempt to buy stability SG
The "stability" ensures that a friendly regime will ensure oil production.
Non oil producing Islamic states are bought just to marginalize and contain the
Fundamentalist movements which can be transferred to oil producing states.

Oddly enough Americas EXTREME success can be attributed to similar policy as it has been the status quo
for several generations, on the other hand it corrupts our nation endlessly.

The American government (despite cries of socialmilisms) is very attuned to Americas position, it
does maintain that position.

Anyhow

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonco6

Hey John

Hey John

Hey John

Hey John

I am learning contract now law

if Paul eliminated some of the Consumer protection regulation/intervention per libertarian doctrine, we would be
in so much trouble so fast... If there were no modern rules, I could figure out a way to make you work for me and
spend the majority of your wages at my business too.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonco6

Hey John

Hey John

Hey John

Hey John

I am learning contract now law

if Paul eliminated some of the Consumer protection regulation/intervention per libertarian doctrine, we would be
in so much trouble so fast... If there were no modern rules, I could figure out a way to make you work for me and
spend the majority of your wages at my business too.

you mean like walmart ? I guess they dont need contracts to do it. either way wouldnt it then be a good idea to get a job from someone who wasnt a DB then people who tried to do that would eventually run out of employees and go bankrupt. altho I am sure some of them would survive and it would suck but then the states could step up and protect its people and then you contract law would say at the bottom of the contract except in these states bla bla bla. but you get what i mean

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Your studing contract law could this mean a return of the debters prison? now that would be scarry

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join