It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(to reel you in) Nibiru confirmed by scientists and other smart people!!!!!!!...(kinda)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I just saw this article from space.com via yahoo's homepage

Rogue Worlds Outnumber Planets With Suns

Here is some cool stuff i gleened going through I was just trying to be the first to post so i don't look like a jacka-- (and yes I have searched for that exact phrase and didn't see a duplicate article so if there is, sorry.)

Sumi and his team calculated, in fact, that these planets are probably almost twice as common in our own Milky Way as main-sequence stars. And they likely outnumber "normal" planets with known host stars by more than 50 percent.

Many of the previously detected objects could actually be "failed stars" known as brown dwarfs, Sumi said.

DISCLOSURE of Nibiru? Hmmm? HMMMMMMM?

Aaaaaanyway, I'd like to hear your thoughts. It was a good article.

Mac
edit on 19-5-2011 by mac420 because: added some thoughts

edit on 19-5-2011 by mac420 because: same as the first reason.

edit on 19-5-2011 by mac420 because: better title

edit on 19-5-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps from title

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mac420
I'd like to hear your thoughts.

1. Nibiru is not "confirmed".
2. This idea of rogue planets has been around for many years. This isnt "disclosure".
3. People disagree on what Nibiru is (if it existed). If you want to hang your hat on it being a rogue planet, I'll beat you over the head with quotes from other Niburu fans who say its something else.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Also, according to Sitchin (who invented it), Nibiru has a 3,600 year orbit.
Meaning it is not a "rogue"

oops. See No. 3 above.
edit on 5/19/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mac420

They're gas giants which would not support any life. Also to become intelligent enough to once hold life it'd most likely need to be near some sort of sun and not in the middle of cold dark space. We were lucky with our planet. This just shows there's a lot more planets that we think. Not Nibiru.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

obviously you have misinterpreted the point of this thread, its meant to be read sarcastic,

look at the title, i say KINDA. Just wanted to show this article cause i thought it was interesting, excuuuuuuse me..

Down killer, down!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mac420

They did not claim these planets were more common than main sequence stars.

They claimed that they were more common than main sequence stars with planets.

*** Oops, I have re-read the article and they are saying that these planets are likely more numerous than main sequence stars. MY BAD.***

... and most of the Nibiru stuff I have heard says that Nibiru is inhabited.

These worlds without stars would likely be very cold and lifeless.

The building blocks of life would be frozen solid.

edit on 19/5/2011 by chr0naut because: Because I needed to retract an incorrect statement.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The article does not confirm Nibiru so your tittle is a bit misleading.
It simply says that out between the stars there have been planets discovered that orbit no star.
besides most of the Nibiru stories I have encountered say that the mythical planet "ORBITS"
the sun in a very long orbit. If Nibiru was out in deep space like these planets then it would not be any problem.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

I've heard Nibiru is a planet, is a gas giant is a Jupiter, so technically, its not misleading, the title did its trick, which is to reel you in, hey read it again, i gave fair warning

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mac420

I've heard Nibiru is a planet, is a gas giant is a Jupiter, so technically, its not misleading, the title did its trick, which is to reel you in, hey read it again, i gave fair warning

Is a gas giant is a Jupiter? what are you trying to say?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Two threads already on this topic of starless planets
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
"and other smart people" lol.
2nd

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jeremiah8401

lol I'm allowed to make mistakes, damn it im only human!

good night all, cant wait to see other thoughts on the article in the morning (/afternoon)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

nope, those were 10, mine are NUMEROUS, much different story. don't focus on little things, its a good article,

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Elsek

haha thanks! bout time someone gets my humor.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mac420

Sorry for the semi off topic mister, mac420

But i just wanted to tell you the way your Headline is presented you seem to have made the assumption that scientists are smart people.

Ontopic, this is bogus. Lol
'Nibiru'
I wish we had a companion star and i owned the media so when i reported it i could just say 'Compainion star discovered' Not 'NIBIRU' was discovered

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

The article isn't about Nibiru, but Nibiru-ish planets or brown dwarf stars, I figured that title would bring in people, being as i posted in a 2012 forum and Nibiru/Planet X is a possible 2012 theory, however slim.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mac420

Nibiru/Planet X is a possible 2012 theory

That is one of the wild guesses for 2012 that is demonstrably false. Gravity studies and whole sky surveys make a new planet in our solar system impossible.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Any theory for 2012 is radical, but the whole point of the 2012 doomsday is the Mayans, and who did the Mayans worship? Annunaki. Where do Annunaki live? Nibiru or... something like that.

2012 in itself is a radical theory, but one that is fun to think and theorize about. Hence why I put this in the 2012 forum and not in one that is taken seriously by anyone. I simply found an awesome article displaying how truly remarkable our Universe is and wanted to share it.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mac420

I can understand your logic. I was wondering why now have they just told us of wonderes with no star magnetics to controll them. As a child this completly missed science class.. Good thought. And Yes I am a planet Xr so I think its real..

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mac420

"Any theory for 2010 is radical"??

Well...how about this one? (It's by far the best one....):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f594bcee1a8.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join