It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human/Dolphin translation machine invented!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Dolphins have been translated, here is a video of what they said.

SMR

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac

Originally posted by Adyta
A conversation between a Japanese person and a dolphin would be extremely awkward.

What? What does that mean? I don't get it...

Interesting username ...

What he means is what would a dolphin have to say to a Japanese fisherman, specifically one who traps dolphins in order to slaughter them.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Why would they thank us for the fish?We didn't put them in the ocean lol.

Judging by the dolphins constant smile and considering dolphins sound like they are laughing instead of talking,the translation just might be "hahahahaha you guys sure are funny looking"!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ossminid
reply to post by Komodo

Man, you are such a dolphin buttkiss
You gonna shine their shoes too?

TROLL ALERT~!!!-------------TROLL ALERT---------------------TROLL ALERT------------------------------------------please add something to the thread, if not, get off ...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Years ago when APPLE and GOOGLE were still buddies, I used APPLE's suggestion box to tell GOOGLE they should work out the details for dolphin communication, and then build an internet to the dolphins that would allow people to talk to the dolphins through the internet

It shouldn't be too long now ...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
they do think and killing them is murder

so long and thanks ofr all the fish

douglas adams

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
imagine what they could tell us about the oceans!

what's down there, currents, marine life we haven't seen, etc.

even et underwater bases, if they haven't been sworn to secrecy already!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

I didn't bother reading through all of these yet...so forgive me if someone else has expressed the same opinion as I am about to (though I doubt my opinion will be very popular)......Dolphin intelligence is overrated....there I've said it. I've never seen a Dolphin do anything a trained dog, couldn't do. The main argument that Dolphins are so intelligent isthat they are mammals and that their brains are as large or slightly larger than our own. Modern research has shown time, and time again, though that this is simply an outdated concept. For instance New studies have shown African Grey Parrots to do as well as Chimps in intelligence tests. I just think too much of an emphasis have been put on certain animals because of preconceived notions. Namely that intelligent animals must be mammals, and must have large brains. I'm not suggesting that Dolphins are dumb....just that too much undue emphasis has been put on them, is all. I mean...hey....A you don't need a translator for a parrot...it already makes an effort to learn OUR language!!!

Some LINKS

hubpages.com...

clas.mq.edu.au...

edit on 20-5-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Who knows

edit on 20-5-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Added Links

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Im curious... what happens if the first dolphin we talk to is the Flava Flav of dolphins?

us: "hello dolphin can you hear me?"
dolphin: "YEEEEEEAAAAA BOI"
us: "excuse me?"
dolphin: "YEEEEA BOI FLAVAAAAAA FLAV"

us: not an intelligent species. research failed.
edit on 20-5-2011 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Human: Hello!
Dolphin: PHHHHHTTT! (one long raspberry)
Human: That wasn't nice
Dolphin: Come in the water, I"m nice
Human: ok...
Dolphin: You're HOT
Human: Umm

Humans and Dolphins do have very active libidos, prepare for a lot of randy dolphin sexting.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
well maybe it would be
hey
We are sorry we kicked you Humans out of the pool for taking a pee
why don't we let bygones be bygones and lets all go frolicking in the deep together
just like old times...

oooopsi
no gills
who knew?

edit ooops
star and flag
in principle at least
maybe if somebody has an answer
it doesn't look like it'll be us
edit on 18-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Dolphins don't have gills either, dude... lol. (Blow Hole.... duuuuuuuh)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Human/Dolphin translation machine invented!

Interesting but in the long term, I don't think that humans and dolphins have enough in common to make for deep conversation.

Dolphins, porpoises and whales once had arms and legs and hair. They were (at least) part-time land animals that evolved full-time back INTO the ocean. These creatures are unencumbered by so many of the external stresses that humans have created upon themselves. This basically means that the animals are unlikely to understand why we are what we are and probably not at all interested in talking about it.

But now... strike up the topic of the taste of their favorite meals after being mixed with oil spills, PCBs, nuclear waste and millions of tons of floating garbage? Yeah, they could have a lot to say. The question then becomes, do we want to hear their side of it all and would we really even care?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I hope the dolphins help us to see that all animals are sentient beings. Maybe then we'll stop murdering them.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
maybe they will say,

no problem, ya know all them people that drowned?

it was us.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I know it sounds crazy, but several times dolphin have shot some sort of thing into me. Some vibration that once felt like an orgasm. Communicating with direct sharing of feelings is telepathy, I think.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by coquine
Last week we were in Florida on a beach. And I wanted to see dolphins, and joked "I'm going to send them a psychic call and ask them to come." It was a joke, but I did make an effort, unbeknownst to anyone around me.
Exactly five minutes later a group of them appeared in front of us and were jumping and playing! My husband just kept saying, "that is so wierd, that is so weird..."

Probably just a coincidence, but I wonder if we could learn to communicate without any tools at all.
edit on 18-5-2011 by coquine because: (no reason given)

I have done the same thing in the Pacific.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
While I was listening to dolphin/whale songs on youtube, I suddenly reached for the screen, responding to the dolphins voice, saying aloud, without thinking, "Yes, yes, you will be free. We are here now, I am here.'

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
very interesting
hope to hear more about this in the future.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Weekend Roundup
olphin Suicide Bombers/ Slave Math Questions/ Ron Paul Who?

They're planning on training dolphins to basically sacrifice their lives to locate their ugly military mines!

Well, you know, they can use those drones they keep builidng instead. Or their satellite images that are so advanced they can photo our galaxie's center, or another galaxy. Common on now, its time to get them to come clean on their real tech.

But one thing I wish express to the military: Hands Off The Dolpins! Not On My Watch! Move along little boys and girls!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
i guess ill never find out what dolphin tastes like now

pass me the blow hole... nom nom nom
edit on 3/3/2012 by DaveNorris because: hahaha

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join