It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are changing their minds !!!! This is working !!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hey guys,

So, every new convo I have with a coworker, or friend, or family member, or whatever, about scary state of US seems to get more and more productive...people are changing their minds, they're starting to GET it. I have friends visiting ATS regularly now, who a month ago would never have considered such a thing. So, what does this mean?????

Even though I think ATS has been taken over by government disinfo and is used to capture and control conspiracy topics ... I still LOVE this place. I see so much potential. It overwhelms. : )

What we lack, though, is direction. What are we doing here? What's the point?

The way I see it is the power of ATS is the power of information spreading ... we can't necessarily solve every injustice, or affect policies, or even organize well for specific causes (just challenging on such a big site with so many different investigations and threads going on!) ...

Every time you convince a friend or a family member or an online stranger that something the media and the government is saying is a LIE ... you've made A STEP.

Take the Obama BC drama - it's not about what you think about the BC law, it's not about what you think about Obama, it's not even about what you think about why they released it.... but if we WERE ABLE to prove that the doc was a forgery, or at least had anomalies that we wanted the government to answer for (every single one) .... then we've just planted a seed in the public mindset.

A seed that will keep growing and by the time revolution comes around, maybe it won't have to be so bloody. Maybe everyone will have waken up by then. This goes for ANY topic under the sun.

So, don't think in big goals. Just think one step at a time, try to keep your authority and high research skills so newbies can trust you over CNN. Honestly, even putting doubt into people's minds about the BC (getting it through to them that there's no way of knowing it's real) is just as good.
edit on 18-5-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps from title

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The idea, again, is to get them realizing that the media and government is LYING. And once you prove it to them on certain cases... it may take a few months for this to set in .... but what do you know, it WILL set in.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Agreed.

Speak your mind, and eventually the fruits of your labour will be seen.

It's taken a very long time to convince the stubborn family/friends I have, but now they're pretty much on board.

link   
What if we did a group ATS letter? Summing up some recent conspiracy findings, distrubing suggestions for people, how we're fed up, how we're calling on all America to tune out media and government and get back to reality and changing this country/world.

What if we sent this massive letter up, with links to the BEST ATS INVESTIGATIONS, and then all agreed to mass tweet/email whatever.

Get people enthralled with this site - not so they can give ATS traffic - but so they can begin that journey of awareness like all of us have arlerady been on!
edit on 18-5-2011 by ufoinquirer because: (no reason given)

link   
Speak for yourself same sh*t where i am. Besides even if everyone on the planet 'get's it' it takes balls to stand up and say NO and frankly i don't think there is enough people with the balls.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
Speak for yourself same sh*t where i am. Besides even if everyone on the planet 'get's it' it takes balls to stand up and say NO and frankly i don't think there is enough people with the balls.

There's a difference, though, between KNOWING the government is corrupt in a philosophical way.

And then actually applying it to reality. It's that "awakening" that makes you realize the urgency.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
if u think like this
then TPTB classify you as a
terrorist.

Funny, my definition makes them
the terrorists. They're the ones
causing fear here.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoinquirer

I can sort of relate. I know a couple of people who are willing to listen lately, even if they still don't agree.

However, I did meet a girl yesterday (friend of a friend) who I was talking with who blurted out NWO and said she could talk about them for hours, but then backed off on the subject as if I would have looked at her like she was a freak/conspiracy theorist.

I was so happy

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
One of the biggest obstacles for the newly awakened is the "reset button". How many of you know what I'm talking about? A person can spend an entire day watching Monsanto documentaries, Dangers of Aspartame, Fluoride, GMOs, NWO banksters, etc., and they "will get it" almost instantly.... but what happens to them a day, 2 days later? The Reset Button clicks on and they go right back to the Matrix.

edit on 18-5-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

hmmm....we need a "balls to the walls" virus to be engineered.

once infected, balls become gargantuous and you no longer put up with supposed authoritative bullpoo.

edit on 18-5-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
One of the biggest obstacles for the newly awakened is the "reset button". How many of you know what I'm talking about? A person can spend an entire day watching Monsanto documentaries, Dangers of Aspartame, Fluoride, GMOs, NWO banksters, etc., and they "will get it" almost instantly.... but what happens to them a day, 2 days later? The Reset Button clicks on and they go right back to the Matrix.

edit on 18-5-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

But once they've encountered a SPECIFIC CASE where the evidence is CLEAR AS DAY that the govt/media is lying about it, and then they see how the message is transmitted ... it's USELESS.

But we keep bringing specific high-quality investigations to people, try to at LEAST pique there interest till they start doing their own hardcore research .... I think they'll make that switch.

I do believe that once you make that switch, you can never return. : ) You can get apathetic and give up, but I don't think you reset.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

hmmm....we need a "balls to the walls" virus to be engineered.

once infected, balls become gargantuous and you no longer put up with supposed authoritative bullpoo.

edit on 18-5-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

that works like antyhing though! that's whty the idea is to spread the info... more people who start to stand up, more people will be inspired ... i just think we're at the very beginning of that domino effect

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I had a talk with my mom yesterday about NWO and the possibility of an upcoming World War. Afterwards she looked so depressed that it hurt me, but later she thanked me for telling her what I had learned.

That look on her face when I summed up the global situation though...it made me feel so bad. At that moment I thought maybe its better that the masses don't know. Of course, I know that isn't true. Sure, at the moment the world looks pretty horrible when you can see through all the distractions, but the more we spread awareness, the better our chances of solving our problems.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I think you're right about that. I too thought about the so called 'reset button' and if anyone else was affected (i too thought I was affected).

But most of the time the information I read and perhaps learned was always in the back of my head always gnawing at me. There actually was a time when I thought all of these conspiracies were just that lies and stories but a strange thing happened when I went into an apathetic state and ready to give up.

I went out and researched ... I wanted/needed to know whether it was a lie or not. I went out to libraries, searched alternative websites and always having my B.S. meter on standby and begin to critically think about everything I have been reading.

I perhaps have been hit by the reset button but now I want the truth.
edit on 18-5-2011 by anon102 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glass
I had a talk with my mom yesterday about NWO and the possibility of an upcoming World War. Afterwards she looked so depressed that it hurt me, but later she thanked me for telling her what I had learned.

That look on her face when I summed up the global situation though...it made me feel so bad. At that moment I thought maybe its better that the masses don't know. Of course, I know that isn't true. Sure, at the moment the world looks pretty horrible when you can see through all the distractions, but the more we spread awareness, the better our chances of solving our problems.

Yep my in-laws have been changing their opinions...we've been "schooling" them on the purpose of the monetary system, the potential reality of a NWO or even elitist group controlling things, all the latest lies comign from media...and at first they almost digested it like an interesting story (a fictional one though as far as their brains were concerned, even if it was logical to them) to a DISTURBING truth that they now cnanot fit into their lives. They grew up thinking money was the thing to chase and that is what would get you success and security ... and by that focus, they actually screwed it for future generations. so it's a hard pill to swallow, but it's a pill that will offer up the relief of clear thinking and purpose later on !

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I must say the same has been happening in my day to day experiences. Haha one of my bosses even started talking to me about how he thought the government was gonna do a false flag after Osama died to implement martial law.

But about the "reset button", It happened to me when I first started digging but I guess you could say it "broke" after a short while. Best thing that ever happened! Haha

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
My family still looks at me and asks: "Where do you get this at?"

Aliens, Illuminati, Elohim, Draconians, Contrails..... MSM, brainwashing, martial law, Birther theory, CIA, OBL and Hitler death both being announced EXACTLY 66 years apart on the illuminaties May day......

Yeah I can see why its a bit... "Huh?" to them.....

Keep crackin and happy research!
edit on 18-5-2011 by Savorrow because: forgot some of the words

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Okay here's my letter had to rush it out and I'll try to get it around and see if people can get similar things going

newssleuth.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Awesome thread and blog post! I have been thinking of this same idea for a while now, and actually more recently ive been thinking of how to make a thread portraying my ideas and urgings to do what you have also planned to do... The Idea of a letter was also what I was thinking,.. However the direction and ammo of the letter I think should be aimed at the powers that be... It should be a well thought out, edited, insightful, hopeful, intelligent, concise, and precise collective effort of all willing participants of this site,.. for if there are simple and general ideas we can all agree on, are they not that there are high above us all, rulers, movers and shakers, who have known to be at times or at all times currupt, incompasionate, secretive,greedy, whacky? and are we the people not united in our general and simple premise of being, we the people under these rules which I can speak for my self have not and would not have choosen...So im thinking like you have started to make, some kind of letter that can lay out the premise of pretty much all that is going on, that can be read and understood as a purely inquisitive grouping of ideas,words, and concerns for the wellfare of humanity and the future state of this planet and its inhabitants... a letter demanding honest discourse from the powers that be... For I have seen one after another, many many questions and pools of information on this website that I can assume the average person would not dare to ask or seek to view.... I guess we would have to on this site chip away at the block of overall conspiricy and form topics of the most important issues for the letter,... questions about the economic system? class systems, promotion of material wealth and consumption, Why we promote war and not at all moments create groups and organizations to work towards peace with all people on this planet? maybe the curruption of industrialist capitalists that care more about personal profit then inventions such as free energy, alternative car powering ways, Philosophies of oneness and how we all share the same boat, are just some ideas of mine... I think most of all that would be helpful in this process is organization and all posters and information seekers cooperation towards this one goal... I guess let me know what you think, and then maybe some how a few people or even if you would like to yourself try to implement the begging of this excersise???

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I've noticed this recently in the UK too. The awareness is starting to spread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join