It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing! The Worlds First 111 Gigapixel Image!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I found some clickable advertisement...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
wow its amazing how far technology has come these days

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
This is pretty cool.

Pretty cool?

I see it as yet another technological "innovation" that further scars our already maimed collective sense of privacy.

I'm sure there's some darpa, et al. project to create "real time" versions of this tech from multiple vantage points in every major city with remote login for supposed VIP's.

Do I find it "cool"? No.

Sickening, offensive, degrading, invasive, imposing, immodest, immoral, disturbing, violating, nervy, and scary? Yes.

I put this technology right up there with FLIR in helicopters over crowded cities.

Hell... tptb are probably after real time 111 gigapixel FLIR from multiple vantages in every major city.

your email, your cell phone, your geo tagged pictures on facebook, your credit cards, your ez-pass.

You're tracked and tagged like cattle.

and you think its cool.

hajib, and I'm not talking about headscarfs.

Sri Oracle

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
They say a pictures worth a 1000 words - add a mobile phone for tracking and link to sattelite - They know every move you make - how long has this been going on???

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by grrrrt
In case some of you were wondering how these kind of images exist, they are made using a machine called a "Gigapan" and it takes an insane amount of photos with whatever camera you mount to it and stitches them together using software to make it viewable as you see it. These weren't taken as "one", a camera sensor along with a lens required for such resolution just doesn't exist.

Actually, using CS Photomerge and 2 files from this camera, you have a 160 MP image..

www.phaseone.com...

Files much bigger than 100 MP have been commonly produced for a number of years now.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

you can tell right away its a bird c'mon fellas...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
S & F!!! At first I was like yeah a 111 Gigapixel picture ... Then I watched it and my reaction was
. This is incredible to see that this picture has such a great resolution, this is insane.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I found the invisible man:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thruthseek3r

This is the last time I'm saying this but this is thousands of pictures mashed up together

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
...no idea where I saw it in there...but along a pathway next to the waterfront is some freak statue that looks like a naked guy carrying a dog...

...why oh why...and what is he doing with that doggie...

*must not make jokes about doggie-style...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
Pretty cool?

I see it as yet another technological "innovation" that further scars our already maimed collective sense of privacy.

I'm sure there's some darpa, et al. project to create "real time" versions of this tech from multiple vantage points in every major city with remote login for supposed VIP's.

Do I find it "cool"? No.

Sickening, offensive, degrading, invasive, imposing, immodest, immoral, disturbing, violating, nervy, and scary? Yes.

Paranoid much? If this is just now filtering down to the public you can bet that the government has had it for years.They can take pictures of me picking my nose or scratching my ass all they want. I have nothing to hide.

I think it is cool technology. I see lots of uses for it that don't necessarily involve an invasion of privacy.
edit on 5/18/2011 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
very cool

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Interesting pic to look through, though not really anything technologically amazing.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Look who i found

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is so f-ing cool. Thanks for the link OP, I can see myself spending way too much time playing with this.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
You can have a look at Obama's Inauguration image here...
gigapan.org...

Or maybe if you were at this game find yourself...
gigapan.org...

edit on 18/5/2011 by greenfruit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
OP, thanks for the heads up. Good find! I am looking forward to see how this will be expanded in the market place, especially in the area of science. I agree with a poster that was excited what this would mean to the exploration. s&f

Gib

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Here is an interesting anomaly...Is this the Flintstone car?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Wow... Pretty amazing!

Can't wait to see what kind of technology we have 10 years from now.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
face recognition, surveillance, big brother, control, no-privacy, no-freedom, fear, police state...

just first few associations after reading OP.

Sincerely

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join