It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing! The Worlds First 111 Gigapixel Image!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Am I going mad in a time loop.
I remember seeing this or some thing like it
on ATS some time ago?

.....oh!.... I am mad. but have I seen it before?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

ask.abovetopsecret.com...

Did a search first page has links to this thread, but I didn't go any deeper.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Welcome, Eagle Eye. A new milestone in surveillance.

And you think this is a good thing?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
how can a bird be an anomaly. it just makes you wonder what the u.s. military has floating around in orbit.

an operative could, theoretically, break into a targets house, mark the targets shoes, shirts, jackets etc with a miniature gps unit, and literally have a better than average chance to follow that guy in real time video close up from orbit.

they could take extreme closeup of anybody he meets and identify them. they could also have a hit follow him and take him out when the coast is clear.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by grrrrt

The result of several months of work is the biggest panoramic photograph of the world; a 613,376-pixel wide by 181,248-pixel high photograph, consisting of 9,750 images, taken at an altitude of 60 meters from the highest platform of Torre Schindler, in Isla de la Cartuja. Just as a matter of interest, if we printed this image, it would take up to 13,800 square meters, which is more than two football stadiums.

Yes you are technically correct, but the final product is still a 111 Gigapixel Photo

Also it is a new camera, one of few as of right now that can take Gigapixel Photo's
edit on 18-5-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

Gigapixel photos, what are you talking about ? They are normal photos taken with good camera/lens.

The stitching was made using Autopano Giga 2.5 beta. 9750 images were stitched together and some of them were processed with the new Neutralhazer® plug-in included in Autopano Giga 2.5. Neutralhazer® removes the haze from landscape panoramas by analyzing each pixel of the image. The stitching was processed on a 6-core Xeon computer embarking 40Gb of RAM and an 8-Tb hard drive. Autopano Giga 2.5 loaded the 9750 images in 1.5 hours. The saving of the project file took 10 hours and the rendering last 100 hours.

People commenting think this is a one photo taken that can be zoomed into oblivion and it's not.
edit on 18-5-2011 by Apleness because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by borutp

Now THAT's a weather balloon!

And yes I also want to find the topless chick, too.

edit on 18-5-2011 by TheTruthSeeker1996 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think technology is exceeding our ability to be responsible with it and that concerns me deeply. We are like a bunch of children running around with loaded guns.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
There is a clickable ad inserted on one of the billboards on a building. It's advertising for the company(?) that made the picture. superinventos If I could figure out screenshots I would post it.

They know everyone is going to be looking around like us

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Does anyone else find this at all creepy?

I mean, so long privacy! If ever there was a technology evolution made for "big brother", this is it.

Eep.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

I was thinking the same thing, I just found these weird shaped craft and were wondering if anyone else noticed them. Doesn't look like a bird or a plane.

Anyways, this is definitely something to kill boredom with. I zoom in on a man on a motorcycle, as far as it zooms, and then zoom all the way out and im just amazed at how far we can zoom. They need to make these for other cities.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Amazing, but I couldn't find Wally/Waldo

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
topless chick along with speedo

edit on 18-5-2011 by robile because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dude1

Here in Tampa I've seen advertised some sort of spray that will hide your license plate from the red light cams. I can't say if it works or not since I don't run lights and have no need, but I can see that type of thing becoming widespread.
As far as the tech being used to spy on you in your own domain, I can see the spray being upgraded to something akin to mosquito spray so these long range cams won't be able to recognize you.
edit on 5/18/2011 by LAUGHING-CAT because: Had another thought pop into my head.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Google Earth needs to copy this technology.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
People probably already know about it but gigapan.org... has lots of these types of photos and they put new ones on all the time.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I just read about the mysterious blobs that people have been seeing on this picture, and i just wanted to point out that in the upper right portion of the picture, in the small town up on the hill, if you zoom in all the way, you can see where the picture starts to decay. just so you know.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
One of these photos taken of the Manhatten skyline
at night (around bedtime) would be full of goodies!
-cwm

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
All I want to know is....Wheres Waldo???????

This is pretty cool. They tried to block out all the license plates...but I found one that they missed.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I don't know what to think about this! It's incredible and incredibly scary. Let's get this technology on every new space craft that NASA launches! I wonder when this will be commercially available. Maybe someone can finally get a good, non-blurry UFO picture.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I have done these kinds of photos before, with a less expensive lens and camera mind you but it's still the same idea. You basically pan around the entire view you want, making sure to overlap a bit from one photo to the next, then you digitally stitch it. The program usually does it by matching pixels which is why you overlap.

For those of you wondering about some of the half people/ objects and other anomalies, it is either a glitch in the program which can happen quite often, or the object may have been half in one photo but moved by the time you snapped the one beside/ above/ below it. Very common when you are combining multiple photos. I am generally pretty skeptical about "dots" in photo being ufos especially plain black dots because it can be about a million things such as pollen in front of the lens, dust in front of or inside the lens, birds, or even just a missing pixel. All very common things with digital photography. As I photographer I see it all the time. Sure aliens may be visiting us but don't get too excited, digital photography is not a perfect art and "anomalies" happen quite often.
edit on 18-5-2011 by 22ndsecond because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join