It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm just curious. What do ATS members think about 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Personally, I don't know what to believe but I highly doubt that there will be a global cataclysm. I've heard some people talk about us making contact with extraterrestrials, a police state emerging, ww3 and so on, and i'm just curious about what you all think. Share your thoughts with me but be gentle, it's my first posting.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
It will be the same as every other year. People will live, people will love, people will die and the world will keep marching on as it has for millenia. I think there might be a new musical group to check out in 2012 though... /pluggingmyself

link   
reply to post by CapSolo

2012 is the new Y2K.

link   
Oh, i dont know....try searching 2012 and find out.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Something is supposed to happen in 2012....

2nd line ....sorry

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Believe it is the beginning. There was no need for the Mayans to have multiple calendars .

The one they made was a one time deal, because it encompasses the entire solar cycle of our milky way.
It has come full circle, and the end is the same as the beginning. We start over from day one as it has been, for generations of generations before and as it will be for generations of generations after.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
2012 is soooo last decade.

2029 is the future... ...end....

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I strongly believe it will go something a little like this:

Richter Belmont: Die monster! You don't belong in this world!
Dracula: It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
Richter Belmont: Tribute? You steal men's souls, and make them your slaves!
Dracula: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Richter Belmont: Your words are as empty as your soul! Mankind ill-needs a savior such as you!
Dracula: What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk...have at you!

And then the rest is obvious.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Believe it is the beginning. There was no need for the Mayans to have multiple calendars .

The one they made was a one time deal, because it encompasses the entire solar cycle of our milky way.
It has come full circle, and the end is the same as the beginning. We start over from day one as it has been, for generations of generations before and as it will be for generations of generations after.

That's why their calendar was round! Now I understand.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Some are gonna say that it will be just like any other year... It wont. Something will happen... It is to opportunistic. Something will happen that will change our lives forever. Whether its Nibiru, Aliens, Mayans, 2.5 mile high tsunami, the rapture, Shadow govt, Atlantis, the sun burpin us back to the stone age, N. Korea, the earth blowin its lid, the Libiyans, EMP's FEMA and the Free Masons.... Et Cetera. There is just way to much stuff saying somethin will happen. Thats all I got.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I believe the earth will "clense" itself.....if you get what i mean ? haha

If that is not the case, i think the fact that alot of people believe in 2012, will cause 2012. Alot of people don't believe it at the moment but maybe somethin could amp it up as the date draws near (maybe the media ?) then chaos could quite easily break loose :/

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

The roundness of it all, is more plausible than any other, crack pot answer, I have read or heard.
Of course the ancestors placed much emphasis on the circle, hence the circle of life, and it is the universal pattern.

From our molecules to the galaxies, every thing moves in a circle.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I'll turn 32 in 2012 and in 2013 I'll turn 33. After that only two more years and I'll sell my businesses and retire, can't wait! I feel the whole 2012 thing was created to make money. There will be some new date after this one comes and goes. The very weak minded people fall for this crap all the time. I wonder how many people will drink the kool-aide. Its those kind of people that make me nervous and the reason behind my ever growing gun collection.
edit on 17-5-2011 by topdog30 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I think that if the Mayans were so smart, they wouldn't have built massive stone pyramids on top of limestone karst, and would have avoided all those water holes full of arsenic.

Further, I think that on January 1, 2013, someone is going to post a doom-saying "ZOMG 2020 is approaching!" thread here on ATS, and we'll spend the next seven years watching the same pack of people run around spouting the same crap about a different date.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CapSolo

You will have a different perspective in life comes 2012.

To put it plainly humanity, as a collectively mind, will awake from the illusions of this realty to one that is more flexible and soothing in nature.

A change for the better. Is all I can mutter.

What can lead up to this shift in awareness, is for you to fill in the blanks _____________________.

Peace

edit on 17-5-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I'm not at the point yet when I'm ready to say "oh #, so and so is definitely going to happen in 2012; however, there's also no question that the plant and we have been going through some fairly wacky times of late. Is it leading up to some big life-changing event after which nothing as we know it will be the same? I'm really not sure but if I've learned one thing about life, largely from reading a lot of the posts here, it's that life is precarious under the most stable conditions so you gotta live it with pride, honor and enjoy each day and those you love all of the time! No regrets!

Timidgal

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I'm not one hundred per cent, but I think there will be a cleansing process. On top of that I think that the alignment of our galaxy with the center of the universe may have some sort of effect on the magnetic energy on our planet, a possibly elevated consciousness, who knows.

Although I do think that it is an important date and people that criticize the Maya really have no idea how incredibly amazing their civilization was, they had that calender along with many other calenders from day ONE of their civilization, and it is interesting to note that the quality of their building techniques DECREASED as time went on, they got worse at building these pyramids. Who founded this civilization and gave these people the knowledge they possessed? now THAT is an interesting question.

The Maya were aware of this twenty six thousand year rotation, and a tilt in the earths axis that goes full circle every twenty six thousand years, WELL the only way to know this would be to have observed this tilt over a period of twenty six thousand years, the Maya were only around for a thousand, go figure.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I'm agnostic when it comes to this 2012 stuff.

We'll all find out soon enough whether or not one of the 6000 theories actually comes to fruition. However, as far as TPTB are concerned, it seems lately that these guys are doing everything in their power to make 2012 go out with a big bang... so they can blame it on the Mayans.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
My conclusions from research are still inconclusive of what may happen. I've studied all from the Mayan background and Edgar Cayce, to shift in the equator and possible disasters, planetary alignment and it's effects on the earth, the spiritual enlightening of the beginnings of an Aquarian Age, that may happen, and more. Plus I am still looking into it, the theories, the prophecies, etc. I still believe we have to prepare, that is because times are changing, the earth is ever changing, not even to mention the policies of Government(worldwide not just limited to the US), more so now than in the past decades.
edit on 18-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: corrections

join