It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE 198 year old Bible I bought w/ pics!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Paid 200$ for it.

I have huge hands, Just sayin'... for comparison

Map of the world of the early 1800's

edit on 17-5-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Does it mention the rapture ? I've always heard that the older editions don't mention it. Nice book though dude

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
o.k. so whats the point you are making? that you have big hands or are you just telling everyone you bought an old bible?

i am happy for you and it is interesting. but is there a point to what you have shown us? why link those pictures are you trying to point something out?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
i am happy for you and it is interesting. but is there a point to what you have shown us? why link those pictures are you trying to point something out?

Lots of artwork and old buildings and WWII memorbialia has been photographed and uploaded to ATS to view....
I don't recall major "points" to their threads?...

Tommorrow morning, when I go to the river by the house for a minute before work.. I will look out onto the water and somehow conjure up some "point" of why I am there and why am I looking out onto the water...

Thanks.....

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Oh.....disappointed.

For a little while there, thought you had a nearly 200-year-old bible with photographs in it!

(That would have been somethin' speshul.....).

....cuz of

Bible I bought w/ pics!

...you see.... [wink]

edit on Tue 17 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
What a beautiful find!

We have a large family Bible, not sure how old it is, but anyway, when I was a kid our house burned due to faulty wiring... the inside of the house was gone... that Bible was not hurt outside of a small scortched placed on it... next time I am at my moms I will get a pic.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Well I like it and I'm glad to see the pics you posted! I love stuff like this... anything antique really, but this is very nice! Would have loved to have come across this one myself!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Man, I've always been told by my father that if I ever come across an old Bible to check the inside of the front and back cover, sometimes back in the day they would hide other documents of value in them. Not sure what sort of interior to the cover you have going on, but if you can make a slit and see if anything is in there it could prove to be a find.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Great find. All that old commentary could have some good info and all in one.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I love old and first edition books, it is nice to know you wanted
to have it. I would have bought it to add to my collection.
Enjoy!

link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Originally posted by lifeform11

Lots of artwork and old buildings and WWII memorbialia has been photographed and uploaded to ATS to view....

Tommorrow morning, when I go to the river by the house for a minute before work.. I will look out onto the water and somehow conjure up some "point" of why I am there and why am I looking out onto the water...

Thanks.....

o.k. so there is no conspiracy? cool. any chance of more pics when/if you have more time? it is still interesting even though there is no conspiracy in religion on this ocassion.

link   

edit on 17-5-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

wow,I,wish I,could see this.I,love the bible and God so much.Thanks for posting.
I,have a old maps books,dated 1948 and 1946. history of Jerusalem.I,am sending mine to ISRAEL MUSEUM
edit on 17-5-2011 by venusstarlite because: I,have a old maps books,dated 1948 and 1946. history of Jerusalem.I,am sending mine to ISRAEL MUSEUM

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

I was thinking the same thing! I would have loved to have found this myself! I have a normal sized one printed in the 1800's by whitman publishing that I got at a yard sale for 25cents! The pages are brittle so I don't really ever touch it, but I love having it!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Does it mention the rapture ? I've always heard that the older editions don't mention it. Nice book though dude

The newer ones don't mention the rapture either.

I call it 'cookie cutter' theology...
...it is when a person approaches the bible with an idea...
...and then compiles random texts to give the idea substance.

The pre-tribulation rapture idea is not in the Bible.
edit on 17/5/11 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

I think he's just trying to show you something you haven't seen..
you probably could have figured that out for yourself.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
Well if you post it in the "Conspiracies in Religion" forum, one might expect, oh, I don't know, some sort of conspiracy angle? If there's not one, you should probably ask a mod to move the thread to somewhere more appropriate. *shrug*

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
This looks beautiful! Great find! I was wondering, does it mention god's name at all? Try Psalms 83:18, seeing as it's an older version it may have the name Jehovah in it quite a lot more then current versions. Once again what an awesome find!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

I'm pretty sure he's just sharing a neat, old bible. It's old, really old I think that's neat, as I'm sure do other ATSers. heck, I love old stuff.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I love looking at old bibles. There was such work put into them. My mother works for a bible store, and the director goes around to different churches teaching about the bible, how it came about, the various versions, and the store has awesome collection of bibles. When I was younger, I would help set up the displays, I would always look at the bibles.

I dont follow any church or anything, but i value the paper and have some reverance towards the words that have sparked wars and rebellions! They have one, from the 1700s, that the cover is engraved wood 3/4 inch thick, with gold inlay, silver clasp and hinges. The pictures are all hand drawn with such detail. I will have to stop by the store one day and snap a few pics with phone.

Nice grab on the bible with commentary. Looks like you have some reading to do

top topics

<<   2 >>

join