It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Walker moves to ban hospitals from allowing same sex partners from visiting each other

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yeah... Walker, you're total scum.

Walker seeks to stop defense of state's domestic partner registry

Gov. Scott Walker believes a new law that gives gay couples hospital visitation rights violates the state constitution and has asked a judge to allow the state to stop defending it.

Democrats who controlled the Legislature in 2009 changed the law so that same-sex couples could sign up for domestic partnership registries with county clerks to secure some - but not all - of the rights afforded married couples.

Wisconsin Family Action sued last year in Dane County circuit court, arguing that the registries violated a 2006 amendment to the state constitution that bans gay marriage and any arrangement that is substantially similar.

What about you leave people the FREAKING HELL ALONE??? Especially gays... they don't have it rough enough as it is? Hell THEY ARE HUMAN TOO, leave them the hell ALONE!!
edit on 17-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
has he straight up lost his mind?

either this is propaganda or walker is truly a hater

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Yeah that's going a little overboard. I suppose people could just say it's their brother or sister, but why should they have to. Why do people get so out of hand with their insecurities?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

It's unbelievable how far some people will go in order to force their dogmatic views on others. This is a perfect example of the hypocrisy most Republican's are guilty of: you're party represents small government and freedom? Horse manure.

For shame, Governor Walker.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Vitchilo, Starred and Flagged sir.

What a great and compassionate man of God this son of a Baptist preacher has turned out to be.

Lets us take away the one person in the world who is of most comfort for someone in a hospital, the person they most love and who most loves them.

What right do puny individuals have when set against such a Godly giant as Mr. Walker, who surely has the ear of God himself in all things, and who has clearly been anointed to lead this holy endeavor in Wisconsin by the breadth and depth of his vision into the workings of God?

Let all gay, lesbian or hetero domestic partners feel the warmth of Mr. Walker's version of a God that would deny the most fundamental and greatest capacity of our species: the ability and the need to love someone else, someone outside ourselves. And yet, schizophrenically, is portrayed as a God of such love for us humans that he sent his only son to die for our sins, he loved us so very much.

Yes that intractable position is most Godly and oh so compassionate even in its scorn for the two human beings who should have the most say in the matter of hospital visitations, the two people who are as one heart.

I encourage Mr. Governor Walker to apply this same fire and brimstone stance to any utterances or blaspheming against His Holy Church. Suffer not a heretic or a witch to live, correct? Who needs "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" when we have such an illustrious oracle of God as Mr. Governor Walker to guide us.

Amen.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This man gives Republicans a very bad name. He seeks attention, liking what it got him from the union debate (which was completely unnecessary) he now seeks to exploit the homosexual community of Wisconsin for national media attention once again. There is a word for people like him; attention whore.

If the courts made that law and are enforcing it Mr. Walker should be publicly proud to uphold and defend it even if privately he is disgusted by it. When the governor wants to have such legal issues challenged he should do it through the courts rather than through the political system of the state legislature.

Maybe Walker should read the Bible:

1 Corinthians 10:29 - Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another man's conscience?
edit on 5/17/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm not gay, but well, someday, I might be sick, and my family might be too far away to visit me, and under those circumstances, I have to ask....
would it be better for me to be alone, and what harm would it be for me to have my best friend stop in to keep me occupied?? I can see a hospital putting a limit on how many visitors a person could designate for visitation, but well, who the hack are they, to say just who those people should be??

heck with the gay issue, this is everyone's issue..

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I never understood why there were ever any visitation rules to begin with.

If you want to visit me come visit me.

If I dont want you there I'll press the little button and ask that you be removed.

Why are there visiting rules at all? Let alone "laws." What kind of nonsense is that?

+1 more 
posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This is what happens when the State sanctions a religious institution.

The State has no business being involved in marriage at all, let alone licensing and restricting it.

Marriage laws were the outgrowth of southern racism trying to prevent blacks and whites from marrying.

It blows my mind that people still think they are legitimate.

I would NEVER ask the State for permission to marry someone.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Bravo.

I don't see why anyone would want the government's opinion on this anyway. Inviting laws to decide what choices we make in our personal lives can't ever lead to a good thing.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

My first instinct was that you read it wrong until I read it myself. I can't believe this garbage. Is he just trying to get people pissed off enough to vote for Ron Paul?!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Gov. Walker has his sights on loftier offices and by playing to the ultra rightwing Christian zealots, is his stratagy to election to the senate or house. He thinks that the TPM and conservative GOP will be his ticket. He could be correct as America is looking for scapegoats to hang their troubles on.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I am a right-wing wacko gun-lovin constitutionalist, and I'll eat a sandwich before I ever vote for that POS.

But:

As always I am NOT a believer in the "No Win Scenario", so one little piece of paper circumvents this freak's notion of what is Godly.

It is called power of attorney.

Every domestic partner couple (straight / gay / lesbian) needs to sign over power of attorney to each other; then this jackass and his bible-nazis can pound sand.
Mod Note : Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 18-5-2011 by xpert11 because: Mod Edit and note

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I'll bet money that Walker is a closet homosexual and his actions reflect self-loathing, his inability to deal with his own sexuality. This is typically the case when you find someone so vicously against something. it is like the cheating man who gets so easily jealous and mistrusts his wife -- his actions are a reflection of his own behavior.

Regardless, he is a sick, heartless jerk who embodies today's "true Christian." If there is hell, you can be sure it will be paved with the souls of American evangelicals.
edit on 17-5-2011 by pajoly because: spelling

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

I'll bet money that Walker is a closet homosexual and his actions reflect self-loathing, his inability to deal with his own sexuality. This is typically the case when you find someone so vicously against something. it is like the cheating man who gets so easily jealous and mistrusts his wife -- his actions are a reflection of his own behavior.

Regardless, he is a suck, heartless jerk who embodies today's "true Christian." If there is hell, you can be sure it will be paved with the souls of American evangelicals.

I bet you are 110% dead on the money. The only way he can prove to himself that he is straight is persecuting gays, and everyone else this crap affects. Brilliant and starred.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
How would anyone know that you’re the partner visiting your sick spouse in the hospital in the first place?
How many homosexuals does God have to create to make straight, bigot, bible thumpers understand that being born gay is a natural thing?
edit on 17-5-2011 by impressme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

How many homosexuals does God have to create to make straight, bigot, bible thumpers understand that being born gay is a natural thing?

I'm straight. I was in the Navy as a O2 (JG). I'm a NRA member and weapons enthusiast, and a damned good fencer still at age 49 - just a little slower.

I campaigned for Reagan and Oliver North. I am southern born and southern bred, and wish to Christ almighty that dueling had never been criminalized; bastards were more easily dealt with back then.

This action is against all ppl who co-habitate; gay couple, lesbian couple or like me and my ladylove, a straight couple.

What will it take to beat down this kind of legalized hatred and institutionalized selective recognition of what love really is?

Every damned one of us who can write a letter or yell at the top of our lungs, straight, gay and lesbian alike and together.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

I'll bet money that Walker is a closet homosexual and his actions reflect self-loathing, his inability to deal with his own sexuality. This is typically the case when you find someone so vicously against something.

Yep. The worse homophobes I've encountered in my life were always the ones who were self-loathing and were themselves later came out of the closet.

Gays are people too and they deserve the same rights as everyone, hetero, gay, black, white, jew, muslim, christian, democrat, constitutionalist... everyone if equal under the law... well except banks of course!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If I had a boatload of money I would start a healthcare plan for gays and a couple of other businesses. Think of the money that could be made because of other peoples ignorance. What the hell does it matter if someone is gay or not, two people want to hook up whatever, and in this case purely a stupid law, I thought we were past the whole discrimination thing? Or did it only count for color?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

maybe he's a closet gay
you know what they say about those
raging homos
[phobes not sexual]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join