It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Proposes Bill to Allow Worldwide War ... Including INSIDE the U.S.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Congress Proposes Bill to Allow Worldwide War ... Including INSIDE the U.S.

www.washingtonsblog.com

But as the ACLU noted yesterday, Congress is going even further ... proposing handing permanent, world-wide war-making powers to the president - including the ability to make war within the United States:

A hugely important provision for Congress to authorize a new worldwide war has been tucked away inside the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). The bill was marked up by members of the House Armed Services Committee (HASC) last Wednesday that poured into Thursday morning (2:45 a.m.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtonsblog.com

maxkeiser.com...

jimmyprophet.wordpress.com...

rense.com...

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.washingtonsblog.com...
edit on 17-5-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Here we go people, as the economy goes to hell, we sure are going to see a fascist state. You better believe it because we already live in one. People can't even cross the border without being checked. Then there is TSA sexual assault of civilians and NSA wired tapping. You all should prepare yourself for the worst to come.

"The legislation authorizes the President of the United States to take unilateral military action against all nations, organizations, and persons, both domestically and abroad, who are alleged to be currently or who have in the past supported or engaged in hostilities or who have provided aid in support of hostilities against the Untied States or any of its coalition allies. The legislation removes the requirement of congressional approval for the use of military force and instead gives the President totalitarian dictatorial authority to engage in any and all military actions for an indefinite period of time.

It even authorizes the President the authority to launch attacks against American Citizens inside the United States with no congressional oversight whatsoever.

Rep. Garamendi was very concerned by the limitless geographic boundaries of the provision. Essentially, it would enable the U.S. to use military force anywhere in the world (including within the U.S.) in search of terrorists.

An article in the Army Times reveals that the 3rd Infantry Division’s 1st Brigade Combat Team will be redeployed from Iraq to domestic operations within the United States.

The unit will soon be under the day-to-day control of US Army North, the Army service component of Northern Command. The Army Times reports this new mission marks the first time an active unit has been given a dedicated assignment to Northern Command. The paper says the Army unit may be called upon to help with "civil unrest" and "crowd control".

The soldiers are learning to use so-called "nonlethal weapons" designed to subdue unruly or dangerous individuals and crowds.

www.washingtonsblog.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I'm afraid to post what I truly feel about this because it is well outside the Terms and Conditions.

As much as we like to say that the awakening is accelerating, we can't ignore the advancements TPTB have made either. They are, in the words of Charlie Sheen, "WINNING"!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
How do we stop it?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOUGH3914
How do we stop it?

We can't, the economy and the dollar going to hell is inevitable when the debt is $14 trillion not including interest rate, which makes up 40% of the budget.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Wouldn't the lift of the drill ban help the deficit?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Here it is, right in front of us: The Dictator bill

I refuse to stand by as the next great Despot of the world rises to power in the U.S.

We still can do things, call, email, write your senators and congressmen. I know in the end it may be futile, but the NWO WILL NOT KEEP ME DOCILE!!!!!!

I will fight now through words, and when need be, I will fight on the street for our liberty.

And I hope you here will do the same.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Why not just turn the District Of Columbia into its own state? That way it can break away from the Union.

edit on 17-5-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This needs to be flaged and put on the front page. America is rolling over.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Well, we've all seen this coming here on ATS. The world calls us conspiracy theorists call us crazy until it is too late.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Funny thing is, people have been yelling and screaming "Bring home the troops! Protect the homeland/borders instead!".... and when it happens they complain about it...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

There is a big difference between defending our borders and patrolling our citizens. If you cannot understand that then thats pretty sad.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link