It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Is A Forgery

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
reply to post by taccj9903

The Rapture won't be happeniing ever my friend... "EVER".

All the Rapture and End Times are, just a boogyman made up by TPTB back then, to keep the people in fear og god and to obey the rules of the book..

The rapture is an subjective event.

The Apocalypse is a possible future for mankind.

We can avoid the Apocalypse if more people become Gnostics.

The more people who have attained the Gnosis, the more the power of the perfect spiritual light from the Pleroma can shine forth and defeat and banish the powers of materialism and darkness under the control of Jehovah.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
People like you should be on TV making ot known to people. I knew about Constantine long time ago, how he had the idea of controlling people along with Catholic Church.

The bad thing is that most people will never accept the posibility that everything is a forgery because it means that they have to accept that they were wrong.

Yours is a great post.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Thank you.

I see the media as an aspect of the power of the demiurge to control minds - so going on the media is like sullying oneself.

Why seek fame in a sick world ?

Why seek acclaim from the corrupted and corruptors ?

I prefer the forest, sunlight, wind and rain instead of money, power, glory and fame.

I have been on the radio a few times and each time entering a studio is like entering inside the belly of the beast.

Besides we all know what happens to people who choose to put their head above the parapets.

They get it shot off.

Best to keep a low profile - enjoy light, life and love.

My best advice is this ;

Every day seek something beautiful.

Take time to enjoy the sun set, the wind and rain, the sunshine, a flower, or a cloud. Seek something beautiful then savour it.

Find time for something beautiful in your day, every day.

Stop and watch the rain drops fall on a leaf, feel the wind on your skin as it drifts down the street and let it caress you, take time to listen to the birds singing, enjoy the flowers on a spring morning, do a good deed, read a poem, ring a relative, tell your child a story, donate to charity, help an old lady across the road, help a hedgehog cross a busy road - anything you can think of.

Anything.

Just make sure once a day you seek something beautiful.

As you do so your mind, heart and soul will grow and be filled with a myriad treasured memories.

Regards.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by leejohnbarnes

Jehovah is not 'real'. Either way you look at it, be it Jehovah of the OT or the demerge/yalbadoth of the gnostic text...neither is a 'real entity'. They are a way to describe the 'flesh mind' of man. To describe the 'effect' from the cause of Spirit emanating into 'seen/matter'.

Any flood that happened, was not of some 'evil entity' but was a part of nature and was just a part of the orders and cycles.

You can look at Jehovah, and see into the mind of men back in those days.

You can look at Yalbadoth, and see a way to describe how 'matter came from the unseen' and that new unholy attributes would be an effect, from this 'cause'.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
We are to give reverence that the Spirit is our true nature...is our true self...that being of 'flesh' is not our true self.

Who says this is true, and on what basis? This is your opinion, and that's fine, but I have a different opinion.

The nature of God is something that we dont need books to tell us about Thee...this is the beauty of things of Spirit...that Thee can be found in the very design and fabric of creation.

Then we don't need any books at all, and we all get to make up whatever we want. Words don't become false as soon as ink meets paper; the question is the source of the thoughts. God saw to it that his words were recorded so we remember them, and so we have an objective source to compare all alleged revelations to. Books are not evil just because they're written.

Ask yourself...why are we to become humble, giving, merciful, understanding, loving. The reason is...because this is the nature of Spirit. To become these attributes, we are allowing our true nature to shine through. The kingdom is within is also showing us that the Spirit, is within us, all of us, within all life. Understanding that 'life' can not be, without being filled with Spirit.

Again, we are not equal with God, and what Jesus modeled for us is how we are to relate to God. There are plenty of scripture passages that explain the difference. But the indwelling Holy Spirit is only for those who accept Jesus. I didn't make any of this up; it's from the mind of God as recorded in the Bible.

There is no punishment....there is only learning and growing.

Then there is no justice, no concern for victims of crime. I love them too much to rob them of this.

Its not opinion...its something that can be found in the very design of life, the cycles, the orders, of God emanating through expression.

To understand this, you would have to understand that the Spirit is within all life. It fills your very being.

Its not happenstance that when people seek within and seek the very design of life itself for the 'word'.....they all come away with the same understanding. All is One, God is in all life. We are not separate. Nothing exists without the Spirit.

There are things in books that can give spiritual understanding....but without understanding first the nature of Spirit in life...one will have limited discernment between things of flesh/man and things of Spirit/God....in the books.

After a time in Jesus's life, he understood, him and the father were One.

He taught the Kingdom is within us....not outside of us.

Its more so about learning, then justice. When we are outside of this body of flesh, we know all the things we did that were of the nature of flesh and we see why we did such things and why others did such things. Through cycles we learn more and more about our nature of Spirit and learn how to control our nature of flesh....to be an instrument for our true self, of Spirit, to 'be' and to express Theeself.

The entire Universe is a expression, of God. Expressions, are filled very much with the one that expressed. Expressed can be looked at as....to move outwardly. When we express say a 'feeling', we present those feelings in a outwardly way but they come from within us. If we express ourselves through 'art'....that art holds within it a part of us, it can not exists without the one that 'expressed'.

The Spirit is within all life...for 'life' can not 'be' without the Spirit.

Both gnostic and new testament scriptures do hold gems of things of Spirit within them. A common reader will only see the surface of what it says. But there needs to be discernment, through the Spirit of life, the very nature of Spirit...to see what is of flesh/mans attributes and what is of Spirit.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

Jehovah is not 'real'. Either way you look at it, be it Jehovah of the OT or the demerge/yalbadoth of the gnostic text...neither is a 'real entity'. They are a way to describe the 'flesh mind' of man. To describe the 'effect' from the cause of Spirit emanating into 'seen/matter'.

Any flood that happened, was not of some 'evil entity' but was a part of nature and was just a part of the orders and cycles.

You can look at Jehovah, and see into the mind of men back in those days.

You can look at Yalbadoth, and see a way to describe how 'matter came from the unseen' and that new unholy attributes would be an effect, from this 'cause'.

With the advent of the theories of the Quantaum Universe, Uncertainty Theory, The 11 Dimensional Multi-verse M Theory, Dark Matter, Dark Energy, faster than light travel via Tachyons, the Holographic Universe, The Holographic Mind etc etc - then reality according to science is as magical and mysterious as the world of the spirit.

Jehovah is the demiurge, the force of Entropy in the universe grinding down matter into dust and lead.

The Pleroma is the realm of pure light and energy from which the energy of the Big Bang came.

The Big Bang was the seed of Jehovah exploding into being, the moment divine light energy from the pleroma was transformed into fallen matter - pure energy and light became matter in the darkness.

Jehovahs birth was matters slow death.

Barbelo who sustains the divine structure of the Pleroma and its Aeons via giving form to pure light within the Pleroma, used a portion of the divine energy to create Jehovah who then created the universe as he 'evolved' via entropy.

Space is the womb of Barbelo.

The Big Bang was the birth of Jehovah.

Matter is pure light energy from the Pleroma cast forth into the darkness of space.

Time is the slow death of light as it becomes matter and undergoes entropy.

edit on 21-5-2011 by leejohnbarnes because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2011 by leejohnbarnes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Gibborium

Originally posted by Gibborium
What a privilege it is to be able to hold a discussion with civility.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Gibborium
This is the problem with the OP. In my opinion, he has misstated the intent of what he wanted to show in not only his title but in many of the words he has chosen to use. He also, is unwilling to take into consideration what others are saying. He simply restates his opinion and then tries to verify it with out of context quotes/information. This is why I will not answer him any longer. He is closed minded and tries to intimidate with ridicule.

Yes, I had a look through the thread, and things did become a little heated between you and the OP. I am a big believer, that through debate and opposing view points, a greater truth and knowledge can be obtained, instead of it being just about trying to win an argument. Hopefully you and the OP can put aside your differences, and continue your discussion.

My own beliefs, are quite complicated to explain. I have only just recently found God, in roughly the last 2 years, through reading Jesus words in the gospel of John. I have already said this in another post, but I feel there is truth, in both Christianity and Gnosticism. There are a few aspects of Christianity, which I don’t accept, which is one of the reasons I don’t call myself a Christian.

When people talk about Gnosticism, most people have this idea that it is just one belief system, but there were actually a number of Gnostic sects, who did not all believe in the same things. Sure, there were many similarities within the different Gnostic groups, but many of them diverge at different points; a similar parallel, can be drawn from many of the Christian denominations, which we have today.

I personally feel a greater connection to the Gnostics who believed that Jesus was the “son of God”, and that he came here for a divine purpose, which is very much in alignment with Christianity. I’m still not sure what to make of all of the Gnostic beliefs, and although I have recently started researching and reading the Gnostics texts, I have barely scratched the surface.

- JC

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

All things are emanated through Spirit.

This world is no mistake and the purpose of it is of the 'one'.

Jehovah, was of the 'minds of man'. Yalbadoth, is just another way to explain that as the unseen becomes the seen, new attributes that were not there before, become.

All things are meant to be and have purpose for 'one'. There is only 'one' who is real, which is the infinite holy spirit, the eternal.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Hi Joecroft!

Sorry about the mis-spelling of your name before. I know your name

When I was studying a couple years ago many different scriptures and text, I found a site called the 'nazareneway'.

It has tones of different texts and some of those are the gnostic texts.

Have you ever read the 'gospels of peace'?

I think you would enjoy those. Only take what resonates with you.

Here is the home page...
www.thenazareneway.com...

Here is a lnk to the writings I found most interesting....

The gospels of the holy twelve...

The gospels of peace...

I dont take any of it at face value. When they talk of a 'satan' or devil....I see it as a understanding of things of flesh and what being in the flesh can cause in us.

My best to you always!
LV

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

oh watch the rage fly @ this poster.

yeah . and another interesting thing is you note how it says about "eating from the tree of knowledge will get you cast out of the garden of eden"

basically for warning anyone who uses or seeks knowledge (no ledge) will be thrown out.

yet that is the warning on the 1st page. yet people continue to read?

why are they really that retarded.

obvoiusly anyone who reads the bible is taking it as KNOWLEDGE.
there for you just cast yourself out of the garden of eden minutes after ignoring the warning.

RETARDS

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Actually, It was plagiarized from earlier writings and myths.

From Adam and Eve, to Noah's flood.......

And don't get me started about that whole "Virgin Birth" thingy...

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Originally posted by Leovirgo
Hi Joecroft!

Sorry about the mis-spelling of your name before. I know your name

Hey it’s ok, people just love calling me Craft around here lol

When I was studying a couple years ago many different scriptures and text, I found a site called the 'nazareneway'.

It has tones of different texts and some of those are the gnostic texts.

Have you ever read the 'gospels of peace'?

About 5 months, ago I went onto the gnosis website, and transferred all the Gnostic texts on to my computer. I now have most of them in word documents and pdf.

I have never read the “Gospel of Peace” but I have read parts of the “The Gospel of the Holy Twelve”, which for some reason isn’t covered on the gnosis website. This may be because it (The Gospel of the Holy Twelve) is one of a few disputed apocryphal texts. Of course all the Gnostic texts, are disputed lol in one way or another.

I think you would enjoy those. Only take what resonates with you.

Here is the home page...

Here is a lnk to the writings I found most interesting....

The gospels of the holy twelve...

The gospels of peace...

Thanks for the links…I will definitely check them out…

The Gnostic Gospels, which have resonated with me the most, are “The Gospel of Thomas” and “The Gospel of Truth”…I’m still working through the rest of them...

- JC

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Speaking of the revelations in the Bible .. it makes me wonder .. from Noah on to present time, the whole region over there Israel and a lot of those surrounding countries have lots of catastrophe’s ..

Wonder if that’s due to all the falseness of the Bible ??? just curious .. I mean it is true that the bible contains so many rumors with no logic scriptures .. makes one think this is related to the reason for the apocalypse??

I think there are some things in the Bible that has truth like the mention of the Egyptians the Pharohs all tose references seem to be accurate ..

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthStargal52

Wonder if that’s due to all the falseness of the Bible ??? just curious .. I mean it is true that the bible contains so many rumors with no logic scriptures .. makes one think this is related to the reason for the apocalypse??

I am curious to know which specific references you are referirng to. Could you give the references and an idea of what you mean by your statement?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Although this is nothing new to me, as I have studied Gnosticism in the past...I must say that I do appreciate the effort you put into this, although I doubt it will have any success as far as getting people to see their faith differently. S&F

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The things in the Bible will happen because it is the knowledge of God.

Mark 13:23
But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

Attaining your Gnosis is impossible. It could not happen and it will not.

Wickedness is pervasive. And there had to be a way to conquer it.
edit on 21-5-2011 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Interesting debate don't know if anyone brought this up.

1. Christianity is never used in the bible
2. Jesus never called his disciples "christians"
3. How did Moses write about his own death

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill
The things in the Bible will happen because it is the knowledge of God.

Mark 13:23
But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.

Attaining your Gnosis is impossible. It could not happen and it will not.

Wickedness is pervasive. And there had to be a way to conquer it.
edit on 21-5-2011 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

Its not the knowledge of God. The word of God in the Bible is based on human inspiration.
The only truth is that the scripture is based on the writers imagination.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAAT09
Interesting debate don't know if anyone brought this up.

1. Christianity is never used in the bible
2. Jesus never called his disciples "christians"
3. How did Moses write about his own death

4. Who was the reporter in the Garden of Gethsemane?

There are hundreds of Biblical inconsistencies.
The Gospels are notoriously inconsistent.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
this link has some interesting opinions:

www.rense.com...

If we examine the oldest known Bible to date, the "Sinai Bible" housed in the British Museum (I believe that, during his many years of research, Tony had a private viewing of this priceless book), we find a staggering 14,800 differences from today's Bible and yet it still remains the word of God? .........

In 1415 the Church of Rome took an extraordinary step to destroy all knowledge of two second century Jewish books that it said contained the true name of Jesus Christ. The Antipope Benedict XIII firstly singled out for condemnation a secret Latin treatise called "Mar Yesu" and then issued instructions to destroy all copies of the book of Elxai. The Rabbinic fraternity once held the destroyed manuscripts with great reverence for they were comprehensive original records reporting the life of Rabbi Jesus. ..........

Later, Pope Alexander VI ordered all copies of the Talmud destroyed, with the Spanish Grand Inquisitor Tomas de Torquemada (1420-98) responsible for the elimination of 6,000 volumes at Salamanca alone.

Solomon Romano (1554) also burnt many thousands of Hebrew scrolls and, in 1559, every Hebrew book in the city of Prague was confiscated. The mass destruction of Jewish books included hundreds of copies of the Old Testament and caused the irretrievable loss of many original handwritten documents.

The oldest text of the Old Testament that survived, before the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls" was said to be the Bodleian Codex (Oxford), which was dated to circa 1100 AD. In an attempt by the church to remove damaging Rabbinic information about Jesus Christ from the face of the earth, the Inquisition burnt 12,000 volumes of the Talmud. .......

perhaps the ruling elite merchant class had their paid scholars "write" all the versions,

they had the power and wealth all over the known world.

starting with Josephus Flavius (....IF he even was a real person).

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join