It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Doomsday Gloom and Doom Thread!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

The book is a hundred times better (cliche, but so true!)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Bravo, nicely put together.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I really like the strangelet sucking sound, Slayer.
Flag, Black Star, and a fresh clip!
They say you'll just hear a strong breeze coming by,
and then it's a Soundgarden video for about a quarter
second. Check's in the maiAAAAyy.
Always wondered about that statue outside of the CERN...

link   
LOL thread has made my day. Funny stuff indeed.

link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
What the f ? If all this is gonna happen in 2012 I'll be f-ed. No wonder people will be committing suicide for! I'm writing a book. Good lord, by the rate the world is going won't be nobody alive to read it!
Sweet mother of christ this is horrible!

edit on 16-5-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)
Ahhhh whattayawanndo livferever?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Let's not forget all the possible Gloom and Doom from the East.

China rises!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I get home from second shift, pop the thread, and
my dove (Lobster, you are what you do) is ringside
on my shoulder when I scroll down to The Moderator.
On a personal note-- CPR wasn't necessary, but the
poor guy flips out and shat my favorite PJ top with a
.458 WinMag. Thanks plenty, Slayer... that'll teach
me to read the whole thread before responding again.

What about something so hugely frightening to humans
we just all expire from sudden pernicious dehydration??

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
What if some virus or the msm/societies new found love of homosexuality being the "hip" thing, where we all become gay and die off because we cannot reproduce.
No offense to anyone.

This is such a random, crappy reply, I can barely comprehend it.

I've read some #ed up conspiracies here, but yours is hand down the most absurd view I have ever witnessed.

You know, most homophobes are closet homosexuals. Come out of the closet IMO.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
1. Cartman refines the sound he used to make the WORLD CRAP THEIR PANTS, and now it makes everyone CRAP ENDLESSLY, so everyone dies from diarrhea

2. Russia has a new KILLER WEAPON, which uses radio waves tuned into human brainswaves which when turned on forces EVERYONE to fall asleep for as long as they leave it on, then all our machines all self destruct and everything burns down while we all sleep

So Russian leaders play with the world making various demands for goods, which they receive and then they kill everyone so that they can have the whole world to themselves.

3. USA scientists working in the south poll release to the North using weather balloons the many primordial virus that they found in the frozen pools. They stay there living on the many emergency supplies they get shipped in at the last minute meanwhile EVERYONE above them dies. They wait it out in the frozen waist land of the south poll a couple years till all traces of the new diseases die off and then they reemerge into the northern hemisfer and live in unending luxury as they have the whole world to themselves

They repopulate the world with a race of super intelligentsia

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I'm thinking a combination of events.

A Meteor the size of a Chevy Volt hits Yellow Stone. or was it a Chevy volt? Yellow Stone then erupts, big chunks of earth go flying hundred of miles in the air. These super large chunks of earth land in the pacific triggering a half mile high Tsunami which wipes out the entire west coast. Yellow stone continuous to erupt with gas and ash; gas ash clouds enveloping the entire earth. At this point the volcanic gases and ash cause global warming and begin to melt the ice caps. while the ice caps are melting the food crops are dying from little sun light . Mass starvation starts setting in on a global scale, Humans start to die everywhere around the globe from contaminated ash water and little food. Diseases starts to spread from the dead human and animal corpses. The Spanish flu returns along with a host of other new strains. Yellow stone is still erupting and triggers the new Madrid fault, the Midwest US is now broken in two. The polar caps have completely melted, flooding the earths coastlines for hundred of miles inland. The face of the world has changed forever.the melted ice cap have put yellow stone under 200 feet of new ocean and the eruptions and lava stop.

ET's look down onto earth and say "earth is ready for population." ET later finds evidence of the last space shuttle launch. The evidence confirmed the cargo bay was loaded with Chevy Volts for a new commercial and one of the Chevy volts fell out during orbit filming and caused world wide destruction.

In remembrance of the human race and their great, but little technological advancements. ET.s decide too name the next mother ship built on earth the "Chevy Nova". built by mutated humans AKA Zombie slaves

to be continued with preview into the future of Will Robersons "Robot". Robot is playing with singularity aboard the ET Ship "Chevy Nova" parked near earth Sun.

edit on 17-5-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Bring on the zombies and robots !
Atleast if that happens, i can die taking some enemies with me

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
It's late in the thread but just in case I missed it, I gotta go with TS Elliot. "Not with a bang but a wimper."

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
How about some kind of mutated man eating Broccolli?

edit on 17-5-2011 by MrKipling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

WE ARE DOOMED I TELL YE!

Slayer - Never disappoints!

S&F

Peace
edit on 17-5-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Read ,he said all the possibilitys ,

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I'd like to be there in a Zombie Apocalypse, but seems the less plausible to me

The Supernova would be cool too. Beautiful massive death.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Yrsal

Haha....not

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Haha! This is great. My favorite was zombies. I didn't see if anyone had posted this yet, but if so my bad.

Are violent video games preparing kids for the ends times? Panelists discuss.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by facelift

would you survive if you walked around a corner steped on a shard of broken metal that had also been steped on by an infected person . NO you would not. think logicaly please people zombies are a fad of the 20th and 21st century its not going to happen . btw i would be happy with a complete social breakdown of society where my wife my son and i could go to our pre arranged place in the mountains and live happily ever after # society its whats destroying my planet

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I vote for a "Captain Trips" scenario. It shouldn't be that difficult for us to invent a super bug that wipes out 97% of humans.
The other scenarios I like are of the natural variety. Yellowstone goes causing the New Madrid to start; this in turn leads to the ring of fire and the Med letting go with their volcanoes and earthquakes. The southern hemisphere is then wiped out by all the tsunamis generated from the shake, rattle, and roll up north.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join