It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The quiet little genocide on our back door

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Whatever action to rectify this I fear would be little too late. Too much damage has been done to point of no return.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
One ,more try at getting this out. The school drinking water tests came back last night and show Imazapyr at several thousand times the allowable limit. The same school my own kids went from K-8 at and that has an almost 10% cancer rate among the students.
seed

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Wow.. I missed that part of terms.. My mistake..
Sorry.
Sad though..

Can we petition Starkist not to sell nuclear lit dolphinsafe tuna? That off topic too?

Kidding... I LIKE nuclear lit dolphinsafe tuna..

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't know what to say, this some screwed up stuff man. What I think is worse, is since these corporations own the politicians they get a carte blanche to do whatever they want for their almighty paper god. You could try contacting the major media outlets, but I dunno if they'll listen, but could be worth a try. What about the EPA or FBI? Can the FBI investigate criminal wrong doing by a corporation? Also, arson and car bombing? That is BATFE territory there.
edit on 17-5-2011 by captmorgan1690 because: wrote "of" instead of "or"

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Monsanto gave $186,250 to federal candidates in the 2008 election cycle through its political action committee (PAC) - 42% to Democrats, 58% to Republicans. For the 2010 election cycle they have given $72,000 - 51% to Democrats, 49% to Republicans.[111]

[edit] LobbyingThe company spent $8,831,120 for lobbying in 2008. $1,492,000 was to outside lobbying firms with the remainder being spent using in-house lobbyists.[112]

Former Monsanto lobbyist Michael R. Taylor was appointed as a senior adviser to the Food and Drug Administration (United States) Commissioner on food safety on July 7, 2009.[113]

[edit] Public officials formerly employed by MonsantoJustice Clarence Thomas worked as an attorney for Monsanto in the 1970s. Thomas wrote the majority opinion in the 2001 Supreme Court decision J. E. M. Ag Supply, Inc. v. Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.|J. E. M. AG SUPPLY, INC. V. PIONEER HI-BREDINTERNATIONAL, INC.[114] which found that "newly developed plant breeds are patentable under the general utility patent laws of the United States." This case benefitted all companies which profit from genetically modified crops, of which Monsanto is one of the largest.[24][115][116]

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Just following the money; If naming names gets me banned then so be it........................

edit on Tue May 17 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Source: Type Public
Traded as NYSE: MON
Industry Agribusiness
Founded St. Louis, Missouri, U.S. (1901)
Founder(s) John Francis Queeny
Headquarters Creve Coeur, Missouri, U.S.
Key people Hugh Grant
(Chairman, President and CEO)
Products Herbicides, pesticides, crop seeds
Revenue US$ 10.502 billion (FY 2010)[1]
Operating income US$ 1.607 billion (FY 2010)[1]
Net income US$ 1.109 billion (FY 2010)[1]
Total assets US$ 17.867 billion (FY 2010)[1]
Total equity US$ 10.143 billion (FY 2010)[1]
Employees 21,400 (August 2010)[1]
Website Monsanto.com

Now Ladies and Gents; that is big money! That is a Billion with a capital B!!
edit on Tue May 17 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: external quote tags!!!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
In this case it is the logging industry, people who depend on that industry and government all lined up against the protestors. I remember visiting my relatives there years ago and everyone scoffed at environmentalists worried about some owl or other.

The people being directly affected are in the minority and the rest don't give a damn because their livelihood depends on the commercial loggers. The only way they can make any progress is if the rest of the nation gets involved.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mustard seed

I had heard in an interview once that the reason they stopped using Agent Orange is the patent on the technology was expiring, so it was replaced.

Wonder what with.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Sadly, stuff like this occures constantly.

We are "eaters" and have no value, we are like chikens in one of those mass chiken farms, except we're not harvested for our meat, we're confined and expected to consume our alooted amount and die.

The Government, and corps are in bed, intimatly, and no matter how much we Squawk, we will not be listened to.. Because the government and the coprs are in bed for the almighty greenback Fiat.

One people realise that the companies do not care, the government, Federal, State, and local, are all on the take, and care not what the consituants think or say. Then perhaps maybe the pendulum will swing back the opposite way, rapidly.

The system is setup so that us "little chickens" can't get justice, vindication. I used to be one who thought that voting, writing letters making phone calls, would help. But over the last 10 years, I have seen all my efforts fall on deaf ears.

Protests, complaints, vocalisation all are falling on deaf ears.

We are too apathetic, pacified, and cocooned in our own self interests to care what happens.

Until such a time as people's cocoons open, there will be naught but the same, more and more of the same.

The Cocoons will not be opened until the food and piped in boob-tubes fail.

May people's resiliance, and health hold out for those effected by this corporate greed and genocide.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I don't understand what the purpose of killing people off like this is.

Practice?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I'm very sorry you had to go through all that complete and utter BS.

This is what happens when we acquiesce and quietly allow corporatism to run rampant. This is what happens when we allow the "free market" to run rampant over OUR rights and OUR governments without putting our boots to their throats.

As many times as I hear stories like this... part of me still just CANNOT believe that humans/companies can be so reckless, ignorant, and corrupt as to commit the things they do. Either way they're a clear and present danger to society and should be treated as such.

Think about it... if Al Qaeda was doing the same thing, we'd start a new war over it, when corporate America does it, they shut the doors in our faces, keep us in the dark, plug their ears, and convince the masses that business/"progress"/growth/profit is good for us all... all while we're dying of the byproducts of their profits (which we don't see a DAMN DIME OF).

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I hate that we're doing this to ourselves, sincerest apologies on behalf of the atavists that perpetrate these types of barbarous atrocities all in our name.
I miss the old system whereby companies had to prove their contribution to society...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
if you believe anything you read on this site you are a fool

the only things you read on this site are there because they are allowed to be, if they dont want you reading something, it disappears from here

everything here is an agenda

hopefully everyone knows that, and doesnt think they can actually accomplish anything by posting these sad things here

nothing will come of it, the people who run this site, also run those problems

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
We must escalate this issue to public opinion and establish Satellite channel for this purpose . I think our slowdown will aggravate the problem .

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

This is what happens when we allow the "free market" to run rampant over OUR rights and OUR governments without putting our boots to their throats.

Sorry to inform you but there is no such thing as "YOUR government", and there hasn't been for a very long time. That thing up there on Capital Hill is THEIR government; not yours. It belongs to the corporations.

You and every other American are voiceless and powerless. I am not sure how you intend to put "your boots to their throats", but I suggest you get at it ASAP; otherwise you haven't a hope in hell of changing anything.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It saddens and terrifies me to think of what is being done to our children, and that our voice doesn't even matter. Our screwed up government is so out of control that we can't even touch it anymore!
I'm so sad for what the families in that area have been through, and as a mom, it breaks my heart to hear that the children are getting sick.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The kids are what this is about. We are all screwed already as adults and will never fully recover. But the children, like my own with PTSD and severe neurological ailments but even more for a very dear young woman from the area.
This is something that breaks my beart.
Let's call her Lindy. Lindy is a beautiful woman we have know since she was a child. She was the recipient of our nursery business', now long DEAD, scholarship. She went on to marry and begin a family in our little community.
She miscarried her first two children with no discernible medical reason. But she soon had Lyle a beautiful baby boy. However within six months it was obvious Lyle was ill. test confirm tumorous masses surrounding his heart.
Lyle is living a tenuous life with poor prospects of reaching adulthood.
But Life does continue and Lindy being devoted to children decided adoption would be a good course and so she adopted two children from different parts of the country. All was as good as could be with Lyle's condition but they are a family and cope best they can. Until the two adopted children were diagnosed with cancerous tumor like growths near their hearts and lungs. She too has run from the area now and is dealing with all three of her kids having cancer.
During Lindy's pregnancy and two other times after that the head of the stream which runs down the canyon she lived down, first was found with 400 empty and partially empty bags of atarazine, found in and around the stream where the chopper crew mixed it with the stream water to spray. the two other times 145 bags were found and 90+ bags were found.
This is just one of hundreds of tales similar from people losing all their hair to healthy people dropping dead in 24hrs with catastrophic kidney and liver failure.
Until we obtained irrefutable evidence that we now have NO ONE WOULD GIVE US THE TIME OF DAY! This effort has been ongoing since the 70's and alot of VERY bright people have been involved but until we got this we were shut out shut down and ignored. The Eugene Weekly, a small alternative paper is the only media to pick it up except in derision.
So it is understood I post this not with hope of effecting change except in the awareness of people of what is happening. For those who live where logging occurs this may be life saving.
Finally something I have found interesting is there seems to be a new type of economic troll emerging. In the responses to the information in the editorial piece. One person(bot?) posted that we need to let this keep on because the country was in the economic toilet. That struck me very weird. We need to kill off a community so the country can make money. We need to let these corporations destroy entire populations of humans and animals to preserve their profit. Is this a HUMAN response? Over the last dozen years I have fought this I have seen indifference, denial, extreme CYA, but nothing shakes me like people ( some are your neighbors!) who are willing to let others die for the corporate system who's teat they suckle
seed

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Mustard, do you know who mike adams is? also known as the "health ranger", here's his website: naturalnews.com...

If you haven't I'd reach out to him and tell him what's happening. He lives to fight stuff like this, and he can publicize your situation quite a bit. good luck.
edit on 18-5-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Profits before people.....again!

FYI, here are some links to the actual meetings with the folks from Triangle Lake. It reveals specific inquiries and responses. Full audio is available too.
LINK TO Meeting
This is crazy stuff, but I am glad to see it getting some exposure, and that the people involved are following the lawful procedures in addressing this, so they won't be tripped up with infractions. They have a Federal rep working with them that is on their side(the side of evidence), as well as an environmental attorney.

Peace,
spec

edit on 18-5-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Horrible. Thanks for informing all of us. I hope that you are well and that you can return to your home in the future.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join