It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two NYPD cops with history of hooker trouble being eyed in LI killings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Two NYPD cops with history of hooker trouble being eyed in LI killings

www.nypost.com

Two NYPD cops are being eyed in the Long Island serial slayings after investigators learned they got into trouble for hiring prostitutes while working for the department, according to sources familiar with the probe.

One cop was forced out of the job in the 1990s when his supervisors learned he spent time pursuing hookers and paying street walkers and down-and-out women for sex while he was supposed to be on patrol.

An internal investigation led to his resigning under pressure, one source said.

The other officer still works for the NYPD but was stripped of his gun and badge years a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I just hate when LEO's get into this trouble. Its worse enough when an average citizen commits acts such as these but to have our law enforcement personnel do it. Thats a whole troubling other issue for sure. I hope they aren't guilty but it don't sound as if thats the case.

We got enough BS to deal with without these types killing people off. Very troubling here for sure.

www.nypost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I am wondering why they let it out thru the article that the officers
are under suspicion. I would think they would trail them and wait
for them to make a move. I don't trust law enforcement much
more than anyone else and believe me I have good reasons
not to, but will not go into it further here. I hope they catch
the serial killer soon.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Humint1

You are correct, police corruption is much worse than regular crime. Not only are they victimizing the population but they do it under the guise of public trust.

I think this story is a testiment to the police doing a proper job of policing themselves. The two under suspicion were already caught in their previous wrongdoing and punished. Also, instead of covering it up like many people would assume the police do, they are looking at these guys as potential suspects.

Lets not jump to conclusions though. Yes, these officers fit the profile of the serial killer they are looking for but that is all at this point. If one or both are the killers then I hope they are charged and convicted. If not, then I hope they can develop more leads and find the real culprit.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Humint1

Not surprising at all. I've always considered cops to be nothing more than criminals with a better string of luck.
Prison guards and prisoners seem to fit the same profile, and if a lot of the prison guards didn't have that job, they'd likely be on the other side - same pathology.

Same thing goes for cops. They're criminals, corrupt minds... and if they weren't on the law side they'd be just as comfortable on the other side of it. Nothing I hear about the police surprises me any longer.

Khar

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyouserious2010
reply to post by Humint1

Lets not jump to conclusions though. Yes, these officers fit the profile of the serial killer they are looking for but that is all at this point. If one or both are the killers then I hope they are charged and convicted. If not, then I hope they can develop more leads and find the real culprit.

You beat me to it and I'm glad to see someone else who thought to point this out. Personally, I'm highly critical of any article that's an "EXCLUSIVE" of the NY Post. The article also says, at the very bottom (surprise, surprise), that they are not the only suspects being looked at and whereas there is no occupation that's immune to some level of corruption or attracting sick and evil people into its ranks, let's not forget that there are good, decent, hard-working individuals in the NYPD or that they would be even more disappointed if one or more of their own were evil enough to do something like this.

Another aspect of this whole situation that's really disturbing is that they think there could have been at least three separate killers dumping bodies in this area over a fairly long period of time. What's up with that and how could that have gone unnoticed? Gives me the chills just thinking about it...

Timidgal

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron
reply to post by Humint1

Not surprising at all. I've always considered cops to be nothing more than criminals with a better string of luck.
Prison guards and prisoners seem to fit the same profile, and if a lot of the prison guards didn't have that job, they'd likely be on the other side - same pathology.

Same thing goes for cops. They're criminals, corrupt minds... and if they weren't on the law side they'd be just as comfortable on the other side of it. Nothing I hear about the police surprises me any longer.

Khar

Wow!!! I'm curious as to why you've come to this opinion. I have no rebuttal for your feelings about prison guards - as far as I can see, the majority are attracted to this position for the feeling of power they attain over the prisoners - but I can't see comparing them to the majority of NYPD. If they were truly criminals and cared for nothing outside of their own selfish desires, why wouldn't most of them have raced away from the WTC on 9/11 instead of rushing toward it? Putting all conspiracy theories aside about who was really responsible, etc., if they were truly the corrupt criminals you propose them to be, why would they have done that? They knew the perils involved and they knew that they were being exposed to toxins that would probably eventually kill them (I know this personally from friends on the NYPD). I'm sorry but that's something I'll never forget and for me, it's a person's actions that show true motivation and I'm curious as to what's made you so cynical of the profession as a whole?

Timidgal

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron
reply to post by Humint1

In general, I respect most cops because they live in the world the way it really is, not the way we want it to be. In that they are like soldiers or surgeons. There is something inherently respectful in that.

I don't respect cops who abuse their power, especially in ways like this. If in fact it happened. Rememeber guilty until proven innocent.But even if the gentlement mentioned here are innocent, you guys *do* know that stuff like this goes on every day, right? Not that that excuses it of course. For every solved case like this there are plenty of unsolved ones that are similar. And we often never hear about them.
edit on 5/15/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I hate these pigs.

check out whats happening in New Mexico too.

Dirty Pigs

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Cops no wonder they are not around when you need them.

Pretty shocking what the police do these days.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
i smell a rat here
i believe
a they weren't getting anywhere with case and are just going ro pin it on these smucks
or b . the murders were done bu a group with lots of sway with police and prosecutors

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Why is being a cop a "get out of jail free" card?

Get arrested as a "John" and abuse women? Just resign and it's all good.

Or even just get put behind a desk and it's all good.

Why is it a "get out of jail free" card?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Because of innocent until proven guilty you can nly say 'under suspicion' as they havent been convicted. They will be under arrest on suspicion of the crime first and then they get convicted after the trial.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dw2881

I would hardly call these guys police anylonger.

One was not working for the NYPD anylonger due to an internal investigation of his misconduct.

The other still worked for the department but did not have police powers due to another internal investigation of his misconduct.

Both were already on the radar and had been dealt with by the department. That is why the investigators of the murders can say they fit the profile of the murderer.

And again, they simply fit the profile of the killer. There was not any direct evidence of their involvment in the murders yet.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

It is not a get out of jail free card.

If they had enough evidence to convict them criminally they would have. Unfortunately, sometimes witnesses can be unreliable or refuse to testify. This leads the prosecutors to drop the case.

The first guy resigned probably because he knew he was going to be fired.

The second guy stuck it out but the department did not have enough to fire him. So they buried him in some back room somewhere doing paperwork where he will not be a cop anymore.

It sounds like they have been dealt with to the best of the departments ability.

top topics

join