It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power outages.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Thats what im thinking. im gunna wait for the experts, as i am in no shape or form a expert on this kind of topic

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well, ain't this interesting?
The simulation has been stopped due to power outage.
Link

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Our power grid here in America is getting very old and out dated for the most part, as for the rest of the world I'm not sure. The video of what happened in Dallas/Fort worth is strange, with out getting deep into electrical theory its hard to explain. Whats on that video its really strange and has allot of life long electricians and lineman scratching there heads.

Hackers could also reap havoc on our power grid? Anyone got any more ideas, with out digging in and researching more its hard to tell why its happening, I say the OP should do some more research on weather in the areas and solar activity at the time and if the power company's said what they thought about it lol.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
As far as naturally occuring solar activity, I'm not seeing anything very significant in recent days. Small increase in solar wind velocities, but no CMEs of any respectable size, etc etc..

No one has yet implied this could be artifically caused? I am surprised, really.

Here's my pet Pekingese's theory on what might be causing it: jhnusawzqbn dsxfcjkesokiljkxnj mn ckiojcxjkixnb. But she cannot provide any links to back it up so I told her to go back outside and play.

But seriously, I am not seeing any significant events from the sun here to explain these occurances you guys are seeing.

Btw, as far as naturally or artifically induced power outages, our power grid in the US, etc. Yes they are vulnerable. No, no one is talking about it, until we get whacked by a good CME and our ever increasing high tech electronic dependant society quickly realizes our grave reliance on it. Our lives depend on it, and our entire infrastructure is one big CME away from sending this country (US) plummeting into the 'dark ages'. Not even fear mongering - it's a matter of time, unless the entire power grid gets overhauled. Simple as that.

Oh, and if transformers do begin to blow, guess what - there are no replacements on hand right now, they are not even created in this country.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Power was out for 3 hours this morning in my corner of the developed world.

No storm.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Power outage in Greece as well.www.wham1180.com...

Are all these power outages normal? I just dunno what to think of it

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I saw this article at, beforeitsnews.com today.

Almost seems like so many changes increasing @ faster pace/time speeding up.. quantum leap on horizon..?!!!
(I need a drink from The River of Life!)

Strange Cosmic Rays HIT Southern Skies
______beforeitsnews/story/635/834/Strange_Cosmic_Rays_HIT_Southern_Skies.html

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
My first reply. Last week in NC customer was complaining of a large substation transformer growling very loudly, 10,000 KVA. 115KV to 12470. I ran all the usual test we do on transformers and could find no problems. I have been in the high voltage business for 42 years and have found some strange things.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
www.firstenergycorp.com...

Is it me or maybe we are just being a lil over anxious maybe this happens all the time and we are just finding out about it.No one yet has said anything about a solar storm,and as for a cyber attack would malicious software cause a xformer to explode would it???

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
these things happen quite frequently

I wonder what we would do without electricity?

such an earthchanging event would put man back down in the pits for sure

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

No they could not cause a transformer fire by breaking into the SCADA system. Just open and close breakers and possible overloads. Could create a domino effect.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The power outages are appearing largely in the Midwest. NLE 2011 is focusing on training for a massive New Madrid EQ. FEMA ordered 1 billion ready meals.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
mobile.nj.com...;jsessionid=BAEF411C5C8179941C7941AEC233A4B4?contentguid=oFoOvGQd

New Jersey Latest hit.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I know what it is;
You know those 'two suns' vids all over Youtube, it is the Black hole that is streaming out.

www.youtube.com...
(Interesting that this happened a day before Japan EQ!!!)

(Check out his 'moon tilt' vid too)

This happened in Egypt in Exodus time; no electricity worked. (Don't go there, that is another thread)
I think it is something like the Carrington event.

More to come-make sure you have candles and camping gas stove. Refrigerator and freeze could be a problem though. Anyone know of a thread I could look up about food storage?
Peace and love.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What is this thread about??? This is much ado about nothing. Looking for a controversy where nothing exists. There is no electrical distribution or transmission network that is totally reliable anywhere in the world and the US system is the most reliable. The average person in the US has 99.9% reliability of supply. That still translates to over 120 minutes of customer minutes interrupted (CMI) per year per utility. now multiply that times customer incidents and you have a many outages at any given time. Given the size of the networks worldwide and the number of devices (transformers, conductors, etc) It is not unusual for there to be many outages simultaneously. Move along and find some chemtrails or some other such nonsense, there is nothing to see here.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Rumors are flying all over GLP about the grid going down after 12 midnight EST, 70-80% of the USA

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Power went out this morning here too. I was asleep at the time. I only took notice because I vaguely remember jerking out of a dead sleep right as the power went off, for no real reason

Passed back out after only a few seconds and slept through the whole outage and three hours afterwards.. no idea what time it was. no storm.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
Rumors are flying all over GLP about the grid going down after 12 midnight EST, 70-80% of the USA

Well... I should know momentarily...

11:58 on the east coast now.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join