It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima radiation now beyond instruments ability to measure.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Last readings for NO.4 ..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No more online data for NO.4 ??

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Lets be honest folks, we all knew this was more horrible than reported, or would ever be reported.

If the truth actually came out, that would be the death of nuclear power.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
ya whats up with the news not really supplying us with much information on Fukushima anymore?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ShakaDoodle

There was an Excellent site ...Nilu... Out of Norway that had an excellent program that visually displayed
the radiation dispersment. But it was shut down?!?!? Or at least I can no longer access it.

It is worse than Chernobyl and those in charge have no clue what to do. Think about that.

Check out fairewinds/gunderson. He knows his stuff. S&F

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
That's why I don't understand people, who is guessing if something is gonna happen in 2012 or not.
What's wrong with 2011? It is definitely end of the world as we know it.
edit on 15-5-2011 by Karbofos because: Bad english

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShakaDoodle

In wake of Japan confirming a nuclear meltdown at the Fukushima nuclear reactor radiation levels have jumped to an all time high maxing out instruments with readings over 1,000,000 microsieverts per hour.

0) Deviation

1) Anomoly

2) Incident

3) Serious Incident

4) Accident with Local Consequences

5) Accident with Wider Consequences

6) Serious Accident

7) Major Accident

Perhaps its time to create another level to describe this event.......

8) Begins with "F", and rhymes with "Duck" !

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
OK guys - Thanks to everyone for their posts. Just wanted to give a little additional info. Here is a link for atmospheric models. I could only get it to show up to 5/13/2011 but at least it gives some indication of radiation levels we might be receiving exposure to in the northern hemisphere. Take a look at it before this one disappears too - www.woweather.com...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

I WANT to know the TRUTH also..I have two small children to worry about and the fear is eating me up.

Rumors and speculation isn't helping me figure out these questions

Is it safe to play outside?
Is it safe to swim in pool water, lake water, etc?
What about Milk?
What foods are affected?
What should be doing or NOT doing.
Who can I trust getting the correct information?

I have so many questions and thought about calling IEMA friday to complain about the misleading/lack of information from our govt. I'm sick to death worrying about this and find it VERY frustrating that local, national and international media is failing us about this issue.

I'm bout' to strangle someone if I don't start getting answers....

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

Thanks for the link.
Just finished watching it, quite long but worth checking out.
Lots of clear information on the technical aspect of whats going on IMO.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
it will only get worse

until the people have had enough of the lies

and put their foot down and make them fix what has been broken

forced to undo what they have wronged

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Maybe they will learn not to make these nuclear plants at all.How stupid can you be to build a facility,that if it has problems,will devastate the world.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
if these measurements are right then maybe in a view years we will see something like this:

edit on 15-5-2011 by MADdin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
All these plants should be shutdown.

There needs for cooling water is a disaster recipe.

They are mostly near the sea, and rivers.

When they fail and meltdown, ala Japan, we will have contaminated oceans, rivers, ground water, and eventually rain water.

Greed: 1
Future: 0

"GREED"? I take it you are implying evil " CORPORATE greed? If it was a coal fired powerplant you'd be screaming about carbon emissions.

We use power, every bit That can be generated.and then some. If anybody is "greedy" its the power hungry consumer.
edit on 15-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
reply to post by Schkeptick

I WANT to know the TRUTH also..I have two small children to worry about and the fear is eating me up.

Rumors and speculation isn't helping me figure out these questions

Is it safe to play outside?
Is it safe to swim in pool water, lake water, etc?
What about Milk?
What foods are affected?
What should be doing or NOT doing.
Who can I trust getting the correct information?

Just research and try to be safe. We are NOT drinking milk. Instead, drinking coconut milk, and almond milk with non dairy creamer. AZ milk has tested real high here.

Staying away from lettuce, spinach etc. Cheese is ok, because it is aged AT LEAST a year.
I stay inside as much as possible with the doors closed. I vacuum twice a day ( we have cats and dogs)

Looks to see where the food AND products you buy are being imported from.
Stay away from fish. I have been doing that long before this incident.

No one is going to be truthful and tell you what is really safe and what is not. So we need to use common sense and research. Look at what is being tested and found.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MADdin
if these measurements are right then maybe in a view years we will see something like this:

edit on 15-5-2011 by MADdin because: (no reason given)

shame
shame!

I have tried so hard to ressist associating "GODZIh-RAH!" JOKES WITH The devastation thats fukushima.
Shame on thee.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

I just wanted to add, I have watched the panel discussion now and urge everyone here to do the same. These are some of the best qualified people to comment on Fukushima you are probably ever going to have access to. I'll warn some of you embracing the wilder scaremongering and more outlandish conspiracy theories you might be disappointed, or more likely simply not believe, by their infromation. They conclude while Fukushima was a very serious accident wide ranging global effects from the radiation and fallout are not very likely. They also state unequivocally something I've been saying for a while; We NEED nuclear power. There is really no viable alternative available today. Wind and solar are not able to provide any significant portion of the power we need to maintain our civilization.

Anyway, watch it and decide for yourself.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

SOOOORRRRRRRRRYYYYYYY!!
I will never do it again!
Hey there is still Mothra!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Just so people know, 1,000,000 micro sieverts per hour is only 1 sV/h and we are 100% sure they are reading over that at Fukushima, especially with a molten core at the bottom of reactor 1.

Although at 1 sV/h is high and you should get the hell away from the place with that reading,only prolonged exposure will kill. I think greater than 6 exposed your dealing with death, so you have 6 hours before you have the horrible pain of radiation sickness to die from. But at 1 sV/h it is acute radiation poisoning.

Also although the reading might have been at 1 sV/h, it also depends on how long that was the reading. It could have been a 10 second burst at that reading and then have gone down to a less dangerous number.

Just to give some perspective rather than throwing the million number out.

Pred...
edit on 15-5-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
zardoz.nilu.no...

Here is the cloud currently over America.
edit on 15-5-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
You people are being silly.. If there was something seriously wrong, TPTB woulda told us, sheesh.
They wouldn't let us (globe) get irradiated and not tell us about it, that would be criminally negligent.
And that would never, ever happen.

Right.... ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join