Fukushima radiation now beyond instruments ability to measure.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+11 more 
posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

In wake of Japan confirming a nuclear meltdown at the Fukushima nuclear reactor radiation levels have jumped to an all time high maxing out instruments with readings over 1,000,000 microsieverts per hour.

There is also news that Japan believes that reactor 2 and reactor 3 are in a state of meltdown and a pool of molten nuclear lava has formed at the bottom of the reactors and is burning through the reactor walls.

Obviously, the effect on the environment, not just in Japan but throughout the Northern Hemisphere is almost unimaginable. It is not surprising that it is getting more difficult to find atmospheric models that would give us some idea of the possible dangers that we confront. The last I saw were models indicating that the intensity of radiation exposure throughout North America was increasing dramatically. This article clearly makes the case that unfortunately, we're probably in for a lot worse coming our way. http://(nolink)/2011/05/14/fukushima-reactor-1-radiation-levels-max-instruments-hit-1000000-usv-hour-22742/

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I have been following the Fukushima story very closely since the earthquake and devastating tsunami. I have asked scientists I know, nuclear physicists and others about where they find real information. I have also watched as the news has virtually disappeared. There is something extremely disturbing going on, and having lived through the media blackout in France back in April and early May 1986, and speaking to doctors who are deeply concerned by the dramatic increase in cancers appearing at very young ages, it is obvious that information is being held back

Just ran across an article which provides an additional perspective in conjunction with the information posted above. Perhaps this provides some insight into why it is getting so difficult to find reports about what is going on and what the possible ramifications might be. Please see - www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ShakaDoodle

Hello there.

Do you have another source besides the blog? I checked your source's source (lol) and it is also a blog.

Not trying to be picky, Just wondering.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
i found something else that may relate to the op english.kyodonews.jp... it seems it was all going wrong before the tide wave. as bad as things are i know they are even worse than what we are being told. it been all lies all the time from them i also read they are using a tarp to cover these up now . bet that is going to do alot to stop the radiation.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I've been following this Catastrophe too and news is very hard to come by - but one thing is for sure - This is a Ticking Clock.

Thanks for bring that blog or not - It's some news.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
All these plants should be shutdown.

There needs for cooling water is a disaster recipe.

They are mostly near the sea, and rivers.

When they fail and meltdown, ala Japan, we will have contaminated oceans, rivers, ground water, and eventually rain water.

Greed: 1
Future: 0

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Latest information (Video) from Dr. Michio Kaku 14th May

www.youtube.com...

edit on Sun May 15 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: embed video

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Here's some more info from a Panel of experts (Mmm) from Berkley discussing Fukushima.

www.youtube.com...=28

The Facts and the Fiction!
edit on Sun May 15 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: embed video

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for your contributions and links. Any information that helps us piece this together is valuable in getting a better grasp as to what's really going on. One source of information that could have helped us prepare for what is happening and what might be coming has unfortunately disappeared -

EPA ends special monitoring for Fukushima radiation despite continued rise in nuclear fallout, increased threats to US

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I had a really bad feeling about this when it broke and I still fell the same today. They may eventually control this but I belevie they will never tell what radiation really got released. They should tell people whats really going on so we can take early treatments if needs be. If people get angry about it than good. The only was for the world to evolve propley is if we admit our mistakes and put it right.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

Good stuff from real experts. I watched about the first 20 minutes of it and downloading the whole thing to watch when I have more time.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
There is a long thread here still active and up to date that has an incredible amount of information related to Fukushima here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Thank you for the link. I know about that thread - it's enormous and somewhat generic in addressing all issues concerning this disaster and contains much valuable information. It was my hope that this new thread would strictly address radiation concerns confronting not just Japan, but also the rest of the Northern Hemisphere as this catastrophe is much more widespread than I think a lot of people are aware of. If the mods think this one should be closed however they are certainly welcomed to do so and I will understand.

All of the posts here have been right on target in providing vital information related to this new increase in radiation and in some cases failure to monitor it, or make the information public. Another article I just found elucidates the spectrum of concern I hope others will help me address.

America has already been contaminated with an assortment of Dante's Inferno of radioactive isotopes. Instead of warning us about exposure dangers, more deception has been handed to us. Both the EU and US have raised "acceptable" radiation levels for food. In the US, Congressional approval is not legally required. So, "the [EPA's] new standards would result in a 'nearly 1,000-fold increase for exposure to Strontium-90, a 3,000 to 100,000-fold hike for exposure to Iodine-131, and an almost 25,000 rise for exposure to radioactive Nickel-63' in drinking water."(23)

www.abundanthope.net...

edit on 15-5-2011 by ShakaDoodle because: typo correction

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I am *not* going to question that Japan is radiating the entire planet and giving us all cancer and also being big fat liars...

But these sources (in OP) are really, really BAD. (edit: I appreciate the later additions)

This has bothered me again & again with this whole Fukushima mess.

#1 - MSM is now ignoring it almost completely. If you DO find a story, you have to hunt for it, and it usually says nothing.

#2 - Blogs are going berserk with wild speculation and misinterpreted facts, and being quoted as gospel truth. I see this happening on news site blogs as well, where the author appears to be more credible & then tells wild lies.

I want to know the TRUTH. Which seems unknowable at this point. If anyone does know the TRUTH of this matter, they are being very, very quiet.

VERY IMPORTANT:
Not trusting MSM is a form of enlightenment. Believing every wild, sensationalized story you read on a blog, with no facts to back it up, makes you just a different type of sheeple. You're still being gullible.

(OP, I'm not targeting you specifically. I mean this to be a challenge to ATS in general to seek multiple sources that don't all quote each other, to truly seek the truth & deny ignorance, and not just jump on every passing bandwagon.)
edit on 15-5-2011 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)
edit on 15-5-2011 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Omg the radiation power level is over 9000!

I hope they find something to stop it....

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Very well said. I know I have posted sources from blogs here and some do a fairly decent job of aggregating a lot of valid news snippets I've found. which would take a lot of time to post individually. Others include information that are frustratingly difficult to verify. As you stated, news is hard to come by and I would hope that people certainly examine some of the posts from blogs with a grain of salt. I can only hope that by taking a look at the information everyone contributes that we might arrive at a realistic assessment of the factual status of the situation. I am glad you made your post as it highlights a very important issue to consider. Thank you.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

You may actually be right, that's how bad it is.

We'll need a miracle.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
if this isnt allready out there check this out www.jimstonefreelance.com...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Our mainstream news should be investigating and finding out what the real radiation levels are and reporting it. The fact that this news is not longer reported at all is very alarming. I guess by not reporting anything, they believe no news is good news. However with increasing attention on conspiracy theories reaching the mainstream public, I wouldn't be surprised to hear about some feel good story coming out sometime about how the radiation levels are down and they expect everything to be contained within a few years. If they continue to not report anything, I'm going to start believing whatever I read on conspiracy blog posts as factual information. I can only hope the blog source had incorrect information. Our government constantly changing official statistics for reporting purposes is alarming. First they did it for reporting on inflation, then unemployment, now it's for safe radiation levels. Unfortunately, I expect a big cancer outbreak 20 or 30 years from now as the radiation has time to have effects.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join