It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima radiation now beyond instruments ability to measure.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by YourNuts

I often follow those monitoring sites too. I have seen several go well above safe levels in recent weeks located in various parts of the USA but, then those stations disappear and they don't come back. Don't know if it was due to a malfunction of the station or some other reason. I do know that Geiger counters can only measure within a limited range of the total spectrum of radiation being released by the nuclear accident in Japan. This is why it's so frustrating that after promising to aggressively monitor the situation, the EPA suddenly decided they weren't going to monitor at all, at least if they are, they're not letting the public know anything. That's why it's so important for members here to share whatever they can find. It may be discredited later, but we'll at least be able to have a better idea of some of the dangers we might be confronting and possibly figure out a way to prepare for it. As always, it's the truth that's important - not fear-mongering.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The firm at the centre of Japan's worst nuclear accident insisted on Tuesday it would bring stricken reactors at the Fukushima Daiichi power plant under control by January 2012, despite evidence that the complex is more seriously damaged than previously thought.

Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco) said it would try new methods to cool the reactors, but would stick with its original plan, announced a month ago, to stabilise radiation levels and bring the units to a stable condition – a process known as "cold shutdown" – within six to nine months.

Looks like 6-9 months before everything is under control... if all goes as planned... CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT???
And do we really think things will go as planned? They don't know what they are doing!

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

The Fukushima Daiichi complex now contains thousands of tonnes of water – enough to fill 36 Olympic-sized swimming pools – adding to fears that the liquid could find its way into groundwater and the Pacific ocean if efforts fail to store it safely.

Holy Crap! Just to think about how many thousands of tons of concentrated radioactive kool-aid have gushed into the ocean and groundwater already! Thanks for sharing that article - seven more months before they think they can get a handle on this!?!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The China Syndrome refers to a scenario in which a molten nuclear reactor core could could fission its way through its containment vessel, melt through the basement of the power plant and down into the earth. While a molten reactor core wouldn't burn "all the way through to China" it could enter the soil and water table and cause huge contamination in the crops and drinking water around the power plant. It's a nightmare scenario,the stuff of movies. And it might just have happened at Fukushima.

At least the MSM is starting to provide some info now - it basically confirms what alternative news sources and blogs have been warning about for a long time. "A nightmare scenario".

ecocentric.blogs.time.com...

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
6 - 9 Months is a little optomistic,

Based on how many lies and half truths spouted by TEPCO recently and the revelation that its twice as bad as originally reported, I'd approximate 12 - 18 months at least.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by skunkmunky

Yes, it's beginning to look like they've got more on their hands then they know what to do with. Especially in light of the new developments going on - I don't know things can get any worse, but somehow they do.

Over two months after the earthquake and tsunami hit the Fukushima nuclear power plant, Japan has finally admitted that a complete core nuclear meltdown has occurred in three of the Fukushima nuclear reactors

theintelhub.com...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ShakaDoodle

That's not the point.

The thread title claims the radiation levels were "beyond what instruments are capable of measuring" and I took the freedom of pointing out that this is incorrect. There are technological options in existence that allow for measuring far higher levels of radiation.

And we've got three meltdowns going on so I'm not utterly impressed by 1S/h, if you stick your probe close enough to the molten fuel rods you will get 10 or 100 Sievert an hour ..

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister1k

that is a great article - shows the Rothschild Zionists for the monsters they are

link again if you missed it folks
www.jimstonefreelance.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

I agree with you. There are instruments that are capable of measuring even greater levels of radiation, but apparently the instruments being used 'maxed out' simply because the radiation levels were never meant to go that high by the nuclear industry. I thought it illustrated the contrast between the overconfidence of "nuclear" officials and the reality that nuclear power plants are capable of doing much more damage than they wanted us to be aware of. This situation is so unimaginably tragic.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

TOKYO, May 22 (UPI) -- At least 250 tons of radioactive water spilled into the Pacific Ocean from Japan's earthquake-damaged Fukushima nuclear power plant, officials said. The Tokyo Electric Power Co. said the radiated water leaked for 41 hours beginning May 10 from the No. 3 reactor at the site, where four of six reactors were damaged in the magnitude-9 earthquake and ensuing tsunami, Kyodo News reported. At a Sunday news conference in Tokyo, utility spokesman Junichi Matsumoto told reporters Tepco has drafted plans to install a water-circulation system to cool the spent-fuel pools at the plant by the end of July, The Wall Street Journal reported. Since the disaster, officials have scrambled to prevent the radioactive cores from overheating and releasing catastrophic radiation clouds. As of Sunday, part of the stop-gap measures still involved the use of fire hoses to pump water into the reactors, the Journal said. Matsumoto acknowledged radioactive vapor can still be seen "depending on the weather and wind direction of the day," the Journal said.

Forty one hours of radiated water leakage on top of what's already poured into the ocean! What kind of consequences will result from this? What more can we expect, especially since they can't seem to contain it?

www.upi.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
For those interested in finding ways of constructively addressing the radiation concerns from the Fukushima event, I recently ran across a petition you might want to have a look at. If anyone can think of other things we can do, please feel free to post them. Thanks.

Petition: Reinstate EPA Ongoing Testing For Radiation from Fukushima

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShakaDoodle

In wake of Japan confirming a nuclear meltdown at the Fukushima nuclear reactor radiation levels have jumped to an all time high maxing out instruments with readings over 1,000,000 microsieverts per hour.

There is also news that Japan believes that reactor 2 and reactor 3 are in a state of meltdown and a pool of molten nuclear lava has formed at the bottom of the reactors and is burning through the reactor walls.

Obviously, the effect on the environment, not just in Japan but throughout the Northern Hemisphere is almost unimaginable. It is not surprising that it is getting more difficult to find atmospheric models that would give us some idea of the possible dangers that we confront. The last I saw were models indicating that the intensity of radiation exposure throughout North America was increasing dramatically. This article clearly makes the case that unfortunately, we're probably in for a lot worse coming our way. http://(nolink)/2011/05/14/fukushima-reactor-1-radiation-levels-max-instruments-hit-1000000-usv-hour-22742/

Can I just point out that this is measuring in micro S/v not Mili S/v. That is 1,000,000th of a S/v.

So according to the figures in that the reading is 1 S/v. Obviously not good but not as high as it would initially appear at first reading.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
FUKUSHIMA EMERGENCY WHAT CAN WE DO?
We all now know the water thing isn't working or working fast enough to stop this insane collatoral damage thing globally, at the Fukushima power plant.

Our Governments world-wide are staging what is possible the largest cover-up in human history.

I've been looking for a site dedicated to possible solutions and couldn't find one, so here I am.

I think the idea being floated around of a tactical nuke is a good one: The entire Nuclear Powerlant would be vapourized and the proplem becomes substantially more containable.

1. The radiation after impact decreases dramaticaly (in relation to a continuous unstoppable bleeding into the atmosphere)
This can be varified by looking up the tables available.
2. The area is already unlivable.
3. Fallout is laughable, just look at what is happening now, and again, IS A ONE OFF.
4. It will vapourize the problem including the Plutonium.
5. Japan can order mass evacutions if they do it quickly before everyone is irradiated.
6. After TEPCO admitted lying about repairs and hid the amount of spent fuel, they should suck it up.
And finally, after the big ka-boom, they can clean it up like they did Hiroshima.

Anyone else?

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
A tactical nuke? Are you serious?

I thought they were in the process of building another structure around the current one? Either or im going to be back there in 2 months time, the last thing I would want and im sure my friends there would be a nuclear disaster however to hit it with a nuke does not sound logical to me.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizenperth
FUKUSHIMA EMERGENCY WHAT CAN WE DO?
We all now know the water thing isn't working or working fast enough to stop this insane collatoral damage thing globally, at the Fukushima power plant.

Our Governments world-wide are staging what is possible the largest cover-up in human history.

I've been looking for a site dedicated to possible solutions and couldn't find one, so here I am.

I think the idea being floated around of a tactical nuke is a good one: The entire Nuclear Powerlant would be vapourized and the proplem becomes substantially more containable.

1. The radiation after impact decreases dramaticaly (in relation to a continuous unstoppable bleeding into the atmosphere)
This can be varified by looking up the tables available.
2. The area is already unlivable.
3. Fallout is laughable, just look at what is happening now, and again, IS A ONE OFF.
4. It will vapourize the problem including the Plutonium.
5. Japan can order mass evacutions if they do it quickly before everyone is irradiated.
6. After TEPCO admitted lying about repairs and hid the amount of spent fuel, they should suck it up.
And finally, after the big ka-boom, they can clean it up like they did Hiroshima.

Anyone else?

Yeah, the water thingy broke, which meant the fuel thingy got too hot and the thingy melted.

Problem with droping nuke on it is that all the radiation thingy will be sucked up into the atmosphere thingy and then spread further arround the thingy than would really be any good for your watsname.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by minto

Yup think about it.

at least 3 more months of already deadly radiation CONTINUOUSLY heading out with no end in sight.

The difference between this case and a nuclear "expolsion" can be demonstrated by the fact that bombs have been set of across the globe as we know since 1945. Whilst still any extremely stupid way to test such vast energy, the bombs radiation generally disipates to half life with 4-6 days (dependent upon it not being putonium)
It is the fallout that is more dangerous.. but hey again I reiterate:

Beforehand if they are to follow this course: evacaute the population in boats and temporary close localities to save human lives:

1 It will stop the problem in it's tracks.
2 The immediate and continually expanding dead-zone is already gone to human9ity for God knows how long. How much of Japan will be left inhabitable.
3 Is it the world's community responsibility to be unihabitable as well, not to mention be able to repopulate if our children's children are sterile.,
4 Tactilce nukes can be set to have higher energy with a smaller yeild being less radioctive over a shorter peiod.
5 Technology of today allows for higher levels of accuracy (pinpoint) and could use and implosive strategy with 2-3 of low yield tactical precision nukes.

Don't get me wrong, the site where I found this proposal leaked has been pulled, so I didn't come up with the idea myself - but after reading the data and charts and the ideology and strategy behind the idea, I beleive it to be feasable.

The site was more likely then pulled BECAUSE the idea was being considered.... wouldn't be the first time.

And on a final note, one page leaked and pasted into the article said that to top it all off, It could be wiped from the US's hands by someone like China, Russia, Ukrain, India and the like, stating that the strike was retaliation for an "Act of war" by Japan for irradiation their country. (I'm not sure we even need this to be the point if Japan would be willing to evacuate and prepare if this course of action is our only hope)

Remember: humans battling there are walking deadmen. And any robots and other remote methods will eventually faildue to high proton and nuetron movement across their cicuitry, not to mention be unrecoverable due to irradation.'

I'm not trying to be cruel or vindictive, just thought the idea feasable and timely. If Japan took the difficult actions above, could it not help restore the world communities faith in them at least looking to make a form of sacrifice to save the planet. God knows if they contiue down the path of sea water bathing and water recycling to the sea.. we are all doomed.

Peace out
Citz:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by minto

Oh and Minto,

Sorry Mate, but I would go anywhere near the place, if not fore you, your children andtheir children's children.

Mope, I'm not even comfortable being in Aus over the next 30 years, and we have a different global jet stream which will keep us relatively safe... at least in the short term.

Nope I say: Extinguish it with the best method possible. (Less collateral damage Globally)

Best of Luck when you go back tho....

Peace out
Citz:

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I hope it wont come to that
I really do.

I will be keeping a close eye as always on this situation. I usually get daily emails so i'll ask if any of those dudes have heard from their end.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

You are here: Home / News / International news / US And IAEA Knew Fukushima Had Meltdown 3.5 Hours After Japan Earthquake And Hid It From The Public

US And IAEA Knew Fukushima Had Meltdown 3.5 Hours After Japan Earthquake And Hid It From The Public

theintelhub.com...

TPTB had an immediate assessment...

everything your hearing now is basically misinformation... we are quibbiling over just how much life altering concentrations of radiation is 'leaking out' (what a crock...it's not 'Leaking' its Pouring Out)

the same PTB are prompting the idea that containment is just around the corner............. Bull !

this event is a consequence of human hubris & folly... just as the WTC complex was an 'attractor'
so too is this 'ground zero' which is in Japan....

not to dimish the importance of Fukushima... but each developed nation will eventually have it's own, unique 'ground zero'...whether these future sites will be nuclear reactors or finance/trade hubs,,, no one can say for certain... but each developed nation will have a deadly Shrine that is appropos to it's own status and signature.

thanks

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Japan seeks to worsen the crisis by sending the waste to the Southern Hemisphere
Whilst researching the crisis yesterday, I came across an article by a Japanese Journalist for a Japanese newspaper (and bugger, because I am trolling through so many I lost the book mark), posing the question of where to send all the waste.

Well... he stated that because Canada and Australia produce the Uranium, we should be responsible for storing it. WRONG!

If they had built their reactors safely, and indeed didn't build them at all, just because these two countries supplied "the parts", does not mean they are responsible for negligent use of them. Ignorant to say the least not to mention passing the buck.

Further more, Australia and the Southern hemisphere are fortunate for the short term, in that the 2 Air Streams collide at the equator meaning less fall out can be distributed down here. Would the Japanese like to kill everything down here as well thanks to their own folly?

Finally, if the crap finally hits the fan, Australia may be the only largest nation left to rebuild bio-diversity in relative safety, and could rebuild agriculture in the mostly barren parts of the deserts using micro-filtered water, solar power and desalination plants. An honorous task to say the least, but it may be our onloy option.

That;s my opinion only folks.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join