It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Would ANYONE Vote for Obama With His Incredible Corruption History?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

He hasnt even tried to undo anything Bush has done...he just sits on his ass and drinks margiritas and every once and a while he goes on TV and reads a teleprompter...yeah ima vote for him alright

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Next up, the analogy you use is actually a strong point in "my" argument. When all we've had is corruption in systems that have been upheld for years and years(sometimes centuries) we should take an innovative look at the problems we are facing with the system. You see, the system is supposed to correct itself with every new election in free countries - if the last elected leader was corrupt at least you can pick the next one - but the core of the matter is, the sponsors(like banks) that fund ALL candidates are one BIG source of the corruption. So the system is not functioning as it should, the source of corruption cannot be weeded out with new elections because it is a completely foreign influence.

Understand this then you will understand that by not voting one can also express they do NOT condone of how matters are being run in government, or how the government is being run. A non-violent protest that actually has the power to either change things or lay things out in the open(imagine if nobody votes and they claim someone won).

It is almost impossible to weed out corruption when one of the major parties fights against it. For example, voter fraud. For years there has been a push to require a Voter ID card. But this idea has been squashed every time by the Democrats. They rely on fraudulent vote tallies to win elections.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

It is almost impossible to weed out corruption when one of the major parties fights against it. For example, voter fraud. For years there has been a push to require a Voter ID card. But this idea has been squashed every time by the Democrats. They rely on fraudulent vote tallies to win elections.

And voter ID cards are 100% safe because...?

And that last part "by the Democrats" bit...I don't buy it. Sounds like a scheme to divide one group of people into two smaller groups of people, easier to control.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Ron Paul gets my vote, but I don't think he'll come close. Most of us on here research and dig in to what the politicians are all about. We dig deeper than what the MSM gives us and try to find out what they're all about beyond soundbites. Ron Paul is the thinking person's candidate. Unfortunately, we are in the minority. Most of the voting public eats up catch phrases, and charismatic personalities. Either that or they'll fall in line with who their affiliated party presents them and endorses. Ron Paul has a fight just to get any endorsements in his own party.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Why would anyone vote for a person that, what ever business he touched turned to $h!+ ?
G.W. got elected twice!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Obama has my vote. You can't undo what Bush did in 8 years in just 4 so I say lets give him another chance.

If he couldn't fix it then he shouldn't have said he could.

Also, I can't stand when Obama says he inherited these problems. He didn't inherit nothing, he spent 2 years campaigning so that he can get it.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Some things never change and some things never will. From the 1960's onward I have witnessed, read and heard people thumping their chests over "what this country needs", stomping their feet over "the idiot in the White House" and proclaiming that "things are going to change." And for 50 years I have seen that the country still stands shakily in its union, 30-40% of the people will always hate the president and it can only increase over their time in office, and that little to nothing changes for the good.

As a card-carrying member of the Libertarian Party in 1980, I worked on the Ed Clark campaign for president (for history buffs, David Koch of Koch Industries was his VP running mate) and supported most libertarian philosophy for decades. I remain a civil libertarian and supported Ron Paul in the last election. Yet, as one raised in our nation's capital region, I also am far more knowledgeable of how "beltway politics" works then most, including many posting in this thread. With youth comes tunnel vision, dreams and hopes (the thing that Obama appealed to in young voters particularly) and the eventual pain of reality as they learn of the societal parameters that keep us enclosed in a compliant cocoon of deceit and power-mongering. It both saddens and annoys me that so few really ever seek to learn how and why beyond their own ignorant notions.

Politics is a dirty game and most do not understand the rules from the inside out...they are merely spectators and "fans" and it serves as a form of entertainment to the masses. Presidents are elected in a popularity contest. The prettiest, most friendly, warmest, smoothest and most seemingly honest ones will win. Every time. No exceptions. Our elections are decided by 20% of the voters (40% will vote along party lines regardless) and considering that only half of the registered voters will even show up to to do that means that about 10% of us decide who will lead this country. So the other 90% get the choice to "get on board" or they gnash their teeth and scream their discontent to the masses in the fruitless hope that it might actually do something. It hasn't, it won't and will not in the lifetimes of anyone reading this. It.simply.is.

Obama will be re-elected and it won't even be close. He is a brilliant strategist that understands the game and how it is played. Bill Clinton was also (as were his aides) and so was GHW Bush. GW Bush had Rove, Reagan had Atwater who were also outstanding at it. Carter had none and Nixon's went to jail. The only thing that would prevent Obama's re-election would be the economy (that is what killed Bush Sr.'s chance of a second term) and if little changes over the next 18 months, the election is already over.

So for the uninitiated and dreamers, I will spell it out. Obama has played both sides of the fence deliberately and presents virtually polar opposites so that it is difficult to place him in any bucket. He passes the nation's first healthcare legislation (liberals are pleased) but restricts it so that insurance companies reap the profits (any conservative against that is not a capitalist). He extends the Bush tax cuts that were set to expire (if they were so great, why did the Republicans not make them permanent?) to please conservatives but trades it for extending unemployment benefits (liberals are pleased). The Republicans painted him as indecisive and weak (Jimmy Carter) yet he increases the troops in Afghanistan and ends up taking out OBL, bombs Libya then gets out and has played the Middle East freedom movements almost flawlessly. As I noted, this is a game of chess to him and he is perhaps the most intellectual president this country has known in generations. Regardless, it is all about getting a second term. It always is and always will be. It is in a president's second term that we actually see the measure of the man (term limits should also be in place for all members of Congress).

Every government is a parliament of whores. The trouble is, in a democracy, the whores are us. ~P.J. O'Rourke

Nothing will change but we will pretend it did. Nothing will be made better but we will act like it was. And nothing can be done about it but we will believe that it can. The only thing that could change it would be an alien presence/disclosure or invasion. I guess we can always hope for that. I know I am.
edit on 15-5-2011 by Beaux because: Typo and clarity

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

Exactly...oh the change we need wasnt that the big message on his flyers...now ask yourself everyone What has changed? ...nothing but a different face in the oval office

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

And voter ID cards are 100% safe because...?

Gee, that's a tough one.

And that last part "by the Democrats" bit...I don't buy it. Sounds like a scheme to divide one group of people into two smaller groups of people, easier to control.

Yeah. it's all about control.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Obama has my vote. You can't undo what Bush did in 8 years in just 4 so I say lets give him another chance.

Ahhh, so you are one of those people that promotes corruption in government. Point noted. Vote for Obama, and you vote for corruption.

Then who, pray tell, should we vote for? Because, I have not ever heard of a politician that is not corrupt at least a little.

Who are YOU voting for?

Personally I will listen to all candidates equally, consider everything they say, and vote according to who I think is best for the job. Who ever that may be.
edit on 15-5-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
OP...I'm assuming you want all drugs to be illegal too right? How are we going to say no to them. We will all be heroin filled meth heads if prohibition ends. LOL. If we're still living in a country where a business will openly discriminate and people still flock that business then I can only conclude that this country has failed. We have failed.

Let Big Brother keep holding your hand. You can't do it on your on.
edit on 15-5-2011 by BiggNastee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Is the same question I asked my self when it comes with the corruption in our elite parties in the nation, why are we the hard working Americans still support any elite party in power with the decades of corporate corruption

I don't get it.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Simple answer: Democrats vote for Democrats; Republicans vote for Republicans; Swing voters are mostly composed of alleged-free thinkers who are easily swayed by shinny objects and three-second soundbytes.

Obama can afford a lot of soundbytes and barracuda bate.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

With all due respect, any president in the last ever-so-long that teleprompters have existed can be seen on camera reading from them.

Obama is hardly the genesis of mindless reading. Just watch the news and catch the funny mistakes the anchors make when trying to read their teleprompters...North Korea is a Rouge Nation, indeed, Ms. Blond Fox News Anchor.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You just linked to a conservative rag site and expect unbiased people to take you seriously?

Why dont you try going to the next big GOP convention so you can get us some news we can really trust..

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

"3rd party" is nothing but republicans afraid to run on their own ticket.. Take ATS god Ron Paul, he is only known as indie candidate Ron Paul when we have an election, the rest of the time he is republican Ron Paul.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Money is not the only answer, but it makes a difference.
Barack Obama

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Ahhh, so you are one of those people that promotes corruption in government. Point noted. Vote for Obama, and you vote for corruption.

Ok, let me get this right. You want me to vote for Ron Paul, the same guy that wants to destroy the government and stick to the constitution? Why on earth would any sane person vote for that?

Hell, why even run if you don't like big government?

edit on 14-5-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

The job of the president is to govern the government, not to expand it or change the country it governs into a totalitarian's dream.

Ron Paul looks like the only sincere guy the USA has had running for office in years.

And as an outsider, i think it's your constitution and liberties that made your country to be as great as it once was. It's your "big government" that destroyed it (and it didnt take them long either, about 20 years?)

Damn some of you need it knocked into yourselves with a hammer it seems...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Because he is a smooth talker and says what people want to hear. That, and he's (half) black. He has people all jazzed on the idea that they made history by electing him. Sure, it did make history, but it has nothing to do with whether he is qualified - he isn't. It's kinda like electing the first retarded president. It's historical but does nothing to help our country.

By the way, for those who are sliding the race card out of your hand, don't bother. I stated facts. That's not being racist.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota
reply to post by Evanzsayz

With all due respect, any president in the last ever-so-long that teleprompters have existed can be seen on camera reading from them.

Obama is hardly the genesis of mindless reading. Just watch the news and catch the funny mistakes the anchors make when trying to read their teleprompters...North Korea is a Rouge Nation, indeed, Ms. Blond Fox News Anchor.

True, but he is the first president that freezes like a deer in the headlights when the damn thing breaks. Know why? Because the words he is reading are not his. You can't adlib something you know nothing about.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join