It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton Muses About Creating Internet Agency to Combat Falsehoods

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xFloggingMaryx

Farcical and hyper scary all at once, how marvellous. Has he never read Orwell, the Bible etc...?

Where exactly does that leave Santa Clause, The Tooth Fairy, Lepricorns, and for that matter religious faith?

They are struggling with the internet in exactly the same way they did with the printing press, I think.

It's odd that we hear this from that man, no?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hey don't bad mouth the tooth fairy because you are ignorant of it's existence!

About that link, I found a great part.

www.america.gov...

"There was no “controlled demolition” of the World Trade Center towers. Instead, the unprecedented attack by hijacked airliners full of jet fuel destroyed support pillars, loosened fireproofing insulation, and ignited fires that destroyed the twin towers. The collapse of the north tower heavily damaged World Trade Center 7, igniting fires and causing its collapse."

Watch out, the fire has got a mind of his own and attacks pillars specifically!!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ShAuNmAn-X

I pose a question to you. Would it just be debunking falsehoods or would it be labeling anything that doesn't fit their agenda false?

Now just how the hell am I supposed to know that? On second thought, it would never work. How could it, given the faceless anonymous medium of the internet, where people can post any bs they want?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well, the sickest part of this is it would be run on tax dollars.

I wish a great programmer would put an online computer, programmed with all knowledge and happenings, that could list probability for which scenarios where true and all the people just plugged in questions. It would be very interesting. I mean one that is really programmed, not some shill job. And that we had browsers, again, our browsers, that would pop up and ask a question every time we heard government propaganda if we wanted to test the probabiltiy now, willing to redirect us when we go to a sleazy lie filled site.
edit on 14-5-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Well then, They would be creating an agency to combat themselves and all THEIR falsities.

How about that NAFTA Bill? Pulled the rug right out from underneath the U.S. worker and small business.

How about your elimination of The Glass-Steagall Act there Bill? Let the bankers screw us over completely.

How about those two falsehoods of yours? Need I mention "I never had sexual relations with that woman"?

Get real Bill. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

NEWSFLASH!!! There are already plenty of websites that do this... God forbid people actually use their own intuition, and investigative skills, to form their own opinion... "total transparency".... hahahahahaha... heard that before.. I love you Bill, but we don't need another gov. agency deciding what's malicious... what we need is for Americans to stop being lazy sheep, and start reading, instead of just believing what's fed to them....
edit on 15-5-2011 by wearewatchingyouman because: funny fingers and the grammar nazi

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

He might need to begin by explaining his way out of this....Where's your left hand conveniently placed Bill ?

Link to original photo:

news.bbcimg.co.uk...

edit on 16-5-2011 by nh_ee because: replaced thumbnail photo

<< 1  2   >>

join