It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton Muses About Creating Internet Agency to Combat Falsehoods

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Bill Clinton Muses About Creating Internet Agency to Combat Falsehoods

www.foxnews.com

If Bill Clinton had his way, there would be an Internet agency created by the U.S. government or United Nations to debunk malicious rumors that originate and spread online.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is a big red flag to me. Obviously it's only being talked about rather than implemented (for all I know), but this looks like another step towards ending free speech.

Who decides what is a malicious rumor? And who decides that it's even a rumor? It seems to me that this potential agency would be put into place to "debunk" anything online that they don't agree with.

I figure this is an important article for those of us on ATS. After all many of the "facts" that we believe, are probably considered to be "malicious rumors" by TPTB. So if creating this Internet Agency becomes more than just a musing of Bill Clinton's, it could drastically affect what can be said online.

Here's another question... Do you think this "agency" is already at work? After all, we've all seen the random posters coming on ATS to argue blindly for TPTB. Is it possible that this Internet agency is already established and currently attempting to "debunk" the information we ATSers talk about on a daily basis?

I just had to post this article here because it jumped out at me... I hope it's posted in the right forum and I hope this isn't a duplicate post (I used the search feature and found nothing).

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This sounds familiar.

Ministry of Truth anyone?

I believe it is already underway myself.

Raist

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
With the recent upswing in new members (all the 2011`s) and right after the arizona shooting. I would say it definantly seemed like this board came under fire from the TPTB supporters. And as with the controllers they always do seem to drop a line of truth before ramming something down our throats so only time will tell. Lil Billy always trying to stick something in somewhere..... LoL

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xFloggingMaryx

Leave it to Billary to come up with this. Just how dense does he think we are?

Hello, we have all heard of Snopes.
They do just fine, we dont need a government version of Snopes, lol.

Desperation...they are really getting desperate these days.
edit on 14-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Big Brother at work.

That's how they always do it. First it just an idea then it's passes as law under the rug.

S&F

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
WOW, this is exactly what we need!!!!!

A BS machine to back up a BS machine.

Maybe it will make what they say true.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Maybe I live under a rock, but ive never heard the billary thing before.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlyingFaucers

Maybe I live under a rock, but ive never heard the billary thing before.

Haha, neither have I, but it totally made me laugh enough to star the post.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

Hill and Bill,

I started using it as an easy abbreviation after I first heard it.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

"Somebody needs to be doing it, and maybe it's a worthy expenditure of taxpayer money," he said. "But if it's a government agency in a traditional sense, it would have no credibility whatever, particularly with a lot of the people who are most active on the Internet

Who in the world would believe them?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
This sounds familiar.

Ministry of Truth anyone?

I believe it is already underway myself.

Raist

Censoring free speech.

Why do they want us to be so silent? What is scaring them? I mean we are cattle we pose no threat to their nwo.

What are they afraid of?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Disgusting suggestion.

Malicious to WHO? The perpetrators of criminal or immoral behaviour from within the government?

Whether you generally believe in conspiracies or not, you can see how this is totally the wrong thing to do. This is not necessary if you have nothing to hide. Do no wrong and people won't think you do wrong, it's that simple.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Maybe on it he could explain what "sex" is. Or maybe even what the meaning of the word "is" is. Or how you smoke without inhaling.

Clinton of all people wanting to found a website to combat falsehoods is a hoot.

Not that I ever cared if he "had sex with that woman, Monica Lewinsky" or what he inhaled when, or even how he split hairs over the word "is." I could have cared less. I just didnt like the fact that he was so small balled he lied about it. If you are going to do it, own it.

And how someone who specialized in twisting the truth thinks he is going to be credible as a truth teller is beyond me.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hello Bill?!??

ahem..

www.america.gov...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I am laughing so hard with this news that is not funny, the president that lied blatantly to the American people on TV about his affairs is going to make sure is not lies in the INTERNET?

Let me laugh a littler bit more,
I tell you what our elite in the nation is becoming more arrogant than ever.

We need a French revolution in America. Let me laugh one more time

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Lol. Clinton isnt too familiar with the interwebz.

I just wish there was a way to leave comments on that board arguing the other side and mocking them a little.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is all about stopping the 911 truth movement.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I am laughing so hard with this news that is not funny, the president that lied blatantly to the American people on TV about his affairs is going to make sure is not lies in the INTERNET?

well I can just hear him now defending himself, "it just depends on the meaning of
what the word "is" is.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I knew that video will come handy sometime in the future after its release,
we need to send it to Clinton as a "reminder".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join