It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perpetuating the "chemtrail" hoax

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

Where is your proof it's a hoax? You started this thread saying it is a hoax. In fact you used the word 'hoax' many times. Yet you have not proven it is in fact a hoax. So is it a hoax? Back up your claim that it's a hoax. Now see, you're not the only one who can use the word 'hoax' over and over again.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
history of chemtrails > the mechanics of chem trails > why this kid doesn't go to college

This thread has been derailed.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SaveTheWolves

I'd like to direct you to my own reply on page 2.

edit on 5/14/2011 by pygmaeus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaveTheWolves

Where is your proof it's a hoax? You started this thread saying it is a hoax. In fact you used the word 'hoax' many times. Yet you have not proven it is in fact a hoax. So is it a hoax? Back up your claim that it's a hoax. Now see, you're not the only one who can use the word 'hoax' over and over again.

You're grasping at straws. I can show you plenty of evidence on how contrails work, but you will still insist that some persist and those are "chemtrails". I can show you pictures of aircraft creating contrails, I could take you to an airport and show you all of the airplanes that lack "chemtrailing" equipment, etc, but still, when I ask you for evidence, instead of providing the evidence (which should exist since "chemtrailing" isn't a hoax, right?) and all you can say is that I can't disprove it? Weak argument.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Well there are definitely some Hoax aspects of it though.

The idea spread by those who those who have chemtrail products for sale, that contrails can not persist, and that you should buy their products to learn more about it, is a hoax.

The assertion by people who made that WITSWATS movie, that you should absolutely not find barium or aluminum in the ground, is a hoax.

The photo doctored by a chemtrailer, of a Boeing 777 interior during CG testing, where they added Hazmat and Spray 6 via editing, is a hoax.

The photo on Will Thomas website, of the water spray attachment on a KC-135 for airliner icing tests, is a hoax because it was long ago shown to be otherwise but he keeps it up

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Nobody ever said contrails don't exist. I believe in contrails. But that doesn't mean that chemtrails don't exist. And you opened this thread saying chemtrails are a hoax and you have nothing to back up the ten times you said 'hoax'.

M. Granger Morgan states: “First of all, of course, there is a lot of money getting spent to make sure that a very substantial portion of the public stays totally confused about this. And, I mean, it’s been really quite pernicious. But there’s been literally tens of millions of dollars spent on every little thing that comes along that might, you know, relate to some uncertainty.” M. Granger Morgan is the head of the Department of Engineering and Public Policy at Carnegie Mellon University. In this video, he is speaking at a Council on Foreign Relations meeting on “Developing an International Framework for Geoengineering.” The transcript for the meeting can be found here (on the CFR website): www.cfr.org...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Nobody ever said contrails don't exist. I believe in contrails. But that doesn't mean that chemtrails don't exist. And you opened this thread saying chemtrails are a hoax and you have nothing to back up the ten times you said 'hoax'.

M. Granger Morgan states: “First of all, of course, there is a lot of money getting spent to make sure that a very substantial portion of the public stays totally confused about this. And, I mean, it’s been really quite pernicious. But there’s been literally tens of millions of dollars spent on every little thing that comes along that might, you know, relate to some uncertainty.” M. Granger Morgan is the head of the Department of Engineering and Public Policy at Carnegie Mellon University. In this video, he is speaking at a Council on Foreign Relations meeting on “Developing an International Framework for Geoengineering.” The transcript for the meeting can be found here (on the CFR website): www.cfr.org...

My OP was about people perpetuating the "chemtrail" hoax, not the fact that they are a hoax (read some other threads around here, it's been debated plenty and it is pretty well established that "chemtrails" don't exist).
ETA: Out of context, it sounds believable, but after reading the speech, it seems to me that all of the money is being spent on research, not practice. It's all talk and speculation.
edit on 5/14/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/14/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SaveTheWolves

I you read the entire discussion, you'll see Morgan there is talking about how big business is spending a lot of money to muddy the waters regarding climate change. And specifically he's talking about decarbonizing the energy system, not geoengineering.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
What if the chemtrail conspiracy theory was itself a conspiracy, to distract you from what's really going on?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus
What if the chemtrail conspiracy theory was itself a conspiracy, to distract you from what's really going on?

Oh please, the "chemtrailers" think that the government is spraying dangerous chemicals/pathogens in the air for some kind of agenda, do they really need something else to worry about?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus

What's really going on?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by pygmaeus

The usual stuff. Rich people getting richer. Corporate malfeasance. Lobby driven public policy.

I don't actually think it (chemtrails) is a deliberate disinformation campaign - but if anyone were afraid of criticism for their slightly evil deeds, then it would not hurt them to have a bunch of scarier things out there for people to focus on.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
**REMINDER**

Discuss the topic not each other. No further off topic or rude remarks will be tolerated. Futher violations will result in warnings and potential loss of posting privileges.

Thank You.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

True, but in all honesty it was more of a rhetorical question.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Good questions OP. What I'd like to know is who coined the term chemtrail and came up with the whole theory in the first place? Also why the believers time after time repeat the same lines such as "chemtrails can last long and contrails disappear quickly" even though it is explained to them million times over? Why is it when known facts are then explained to them they still keep repeating the same stuff?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Chemtrails are a reality I believe, the only thing I bet so many are wrong about is what is really being released in our air. I really dont think its toxic chemicals per say, who knows it may be a screen being applied hiding something behind it. But trust me, i dont think things are as they seem. Remember most of these conspiracy theories are nurtured and directed by agents of the elite.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Just a little insight for all of you, "chemtrails" are real.. how much actual "chem" is in them I don't know, it wouldn't surprise me if there was nothing harmful at all. I know that there is something a little different with chemtrails than the normally emitted contrails. If you watch them.. chemtrails don't fade away like contrails. They stick around and spread out to large blanketing clouds. If you watch you will see what I'm talking about. Clear blue skys will become covered by clouds that are formed by these chemtrails speading out.

It's time to wake up people

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Too bad, not a word of what you wrote is accurate, regarding how contrails behave.

Come back, tho.....after you find solid evidence of "chem"-trails being something other than normal contrails...composed of ice particles. Indistinguishable from cirrus clouds.

Proof. Oh, wait....there isn't any.....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join