It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumours of Canadian Troops in Illinois, Missouri,and Ohio...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
As people have a hard time staying on topic, the answer to the OP is that NO, being also located in Missouri (Central), I have not seen any 'unusual' groups of Canadian or otherwise 'foreign' troops in this area. Doesn't mean they are not around, I just have no visual or other confirmation of them being here at this time. But then too it is possible that I am far enough away from the New Madrid area, that IF they are here for that they are not this far North and West.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Like I was saying before all of that nonsense, Canadian Forces personnel due for deployment in-theater go through an acclimatization period to get used to hot weather in the southern states before deploying to the 'Stan or anywhere else in the with an arid climate that we have personnel posted in. We also have training-exchange programs in place.
edit on 13/5/2011 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

I'm not attacking your credibility. You are the one who was talking as if you are a soldier and you are not one. What I am attacking is the way you about civilians. I speak and act as a soldier should speak and act. Civilians are not beneath us, they are our equals. The only differance between us and them is that we signed a contract.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

A contract that most civilians do not have the balls to sign. And for the record, quit callin me a civvie. I am and always will be a vet. That mindset has not left me yet and I don't see it happening any time soon. Also I wasn't commenting on ALL civilians. Just the ones that piss me off. You know, I actually think we have more in common than you may realise. If only you could understand...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by Tecumte

Like I was saying before all of that nonsense, Canadian Forces personnel due for deployment in-theater go through an acclimatization period to get used to hot weather in the southern states before deploying to the 'Stan or anywhere else in the with an arid climate that we have personnel posted in. We also have training-exchange programs in place.

So then do you have any knowledge of them being in Missouri, or Illinois, or Ohio, states that the OP ask about? (These are not really 'southern states')

Would Canadian troops have any reason to be part of a used force in the U.S. IF the New Madrid fault (or some man-made disaster) occurred?
edit on 13-5-2011 by Tecumte because: text correction

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Those are accounted for by the exchange programs. As for our forces working together, we do it everywhere else so why not in North America. Hope that answers your question.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

A contract that most civilians do not have the balls to sign. And for the record, quit callin me a civvie. I am and always will be a vet. That mindset has not left me yet and I don't see it happening any time soon. Also I wasn't commenting on ALL civilians. Just the ones that piss me off. Get your story straight.

i like how you equate balls with stupidity, that mindset you speak of is called being brainwashed

it's nothing to be proud of, you look down on civilians? i look down on grown men that wear costumes and kill people in other countries for profit

you need to turn it in mate lol

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Maybe they are in the area to help out with the flooding like someone already mentioned. I live in Winnipeg and they are all over Manitoba right now because of the flooding here. Speaking of which i can't believe the amount of water coming this way! The city of Brandon which is south of here (where the Shilo military base is actually) is completely flooded out, however it's amazingly still safe due to all the sandbagging the city/province had begun to put in place months ago. They knew it was going to be bad this year so the province began sandbagging last November, and offered to subsidize everyone living in flood ways to buy sub pumps if they didn't already have one, or if they did have one they could upgrade it - that was a nice touch on behalf of the gov I thought.

The US gov could learn a thing or two.... instead of being unprepared, force evacuating towns at the last minute. Cairo, Ohio was given 6 hours to leave town by force - the police/US military went door to door making sure everyone was out according to the news - before they blew up the Birds Point levee. Sounds fishy to me.... Kick everyone out town so they blow up a levee at night when no one is around, and it's dark out so no one could see exactly what they were doing either..... shady...

Last week Manitoba was hit with an extra 2 ft of water but again so far everything is okay in southern Manitoba. It hasn't crested here in Winnipeg yet, and the 3 rivers running threw the city are already almost at road level. We had our 'flood of the century' in 1997 so only time will tell what this year's flood will be like. The city of Brandon has already declared this years flood to be their flood of the century, and apparently it's the worst in over 300 years.

So what is that Madrid fault line going to blow? I mean the US military already ruined 133, 000 of farmland by blowing up Birds Point levee in Ohio, now there's that news about Obama's new decision to blow up so more levee's taking out a few cities, and flooding out 3 nuclear plants, all to save a oil refinery. Plus the Gulf of Mexico is toxic. Everyone knows now the water is poison and people are dropping like flies down there from the chemicals. Sounds to me like the US Gov has literally and IS going out of it's way to f*ck you guys over by poisoning all your land. Thank god the Mississippi is so full it gas started flowing back south so we won't get as MUCH toxic/radioactive water flowing up here.

Oh see I got off track there.... I meant to say that maybe Canadian soldiers are in the US for the FEMA exercise as we do have our own counterpart here in Canada to FEMA, but ours is named the Department of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness as of 2003 when it was established as the Canadian `wing` of FEMA. (prior to 2003 is was a much smaller agency called the Public Safety Canada).
edit on 13-5-2011 by loagun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tecumte

reply to post by Tecumte

So then do you have any knowledge of them being in Missouri, or Illinois, or Ohio, states that the OP ask about? (These are not really 'southern states')

Would Canadian troops have any reason to be part of a used force in the U.S. IF the New Madrid fault (or some man-made disaster) occurred?
edit on 13-5-2011 by Tecumte because: text correction

I don't know about the other states, but I do have personal knowledge of them being in Missouri and Kansas. As well as Az, GA, TX and a military base in Landstuhl Germany. Oh and while I was not assigned to the post, just staying there on leave, I saw them on the small military post in Vicenza Italy.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Tecumte

Those are accounted for by the exchange programs. As for our forces working together, we do it everywhere else so why not in North America. Hope that answers your question.

Thanks for the reply, but perhaps you can shed even more light on this and speak directly if it is a subject with which you are familiar.

In the U.S., the Posse Commitatus Act was wisely designed to keep situations from ever happening where one's own (or *exchanged*?) military was ever used against one's own population. There are those in control here who unfortunately IMO would like to act as Caesar and have a military force at their disposal to attack their political rivals and those that may not see eye to eye with their often (IMO) barbaric policies.

So what EXACTLY would Canada's role be for their military in carrying out any operations on U.S. soil?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I just ask a simple question.

I am far from a super soldier and do not being labeled as such. I go out of my way to downplay my involvement in anything that occurs. When I am seen off post in unifom and thanked for my service, I get red in the face and politely tell them that I don't deserve any thanks.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Like I said....get of your damn high horse. Those things are expected. And just because I go off on one tirade because I'm pissed off does not mean that I go around disrespecting non-veteran civilians (there, ya happy, lingo nazi?) with every spare moment I have. I work for civilians (these people are a large part of my angst btw), so how could I? Yes, I occasionally experience a loathing thought toward Joe Entitlement as he complains about not getting paid for work that he didnt do, but that doesn't make me am evil person, it just
makes me human. You keep giving me ammo, as every time you speak, you sound more like a careerist POG.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by loagun

Sounds to me like the US Gov has literally and IS going out of it's way to *snip* you guys over by poisoning all your land. Thank god the Mississippi --loagun

Well, just my thoughts on this but I have to agree, it DOES sound kinda like that, some may not be ready to accept it, but I honestly believe from both personal observation and watching the weather satellite maps that this flooding is due to constant cloud seeding for rain and more rain. I am not sure if there is a single objective or many, if it has to do with the constant eviction and relocation of people from 'disasters' in order to gain control of more land, more profit, to get 'camps' started (to be added to more and more later) or what, but IF this New Madrid area is being rain seeded to cause flooding then possibly it will be used to help aid (one more little step) in breaking down national U.S. (and Canadian) sovereignty and help usher in the NAU by getting Canadian troops into the mix and used to carrying out joint INTERNAL *civilian* targeted operations.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 13-5-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Tecumte

Well, given our perpetual status in Afghanistan, I would say that we would probably be there in a support role (logistics, airforce transport and engineering Regiments most likely, as well as signals and telecom). I can't speculate on worst-case scenarios (ie military takeover), but understand that, while we are there to support them, if needed, our commanders decide on what terms we are used. I can't speculate on the decisions that would be made as it I don't have a crystal ball lol. We are taught to be wary of illegal orders and encouraged not to follow them, though. As for command...I never really trusted them so who knows.....

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I honestly don't see how you think I am on a high horse. Everything I have said is the opposite of that. I think you just need to realize that you are now a civilian, as much as that seems to upset you. One tirade from an ex soldier is all it takes to give those who you describe as braindead more ammunition for their arguements against those who are soldiers.

Being a good soldier includes having control of your emotions. You will never get your point across calling people names, even if you only do it once.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I realise that, but, first of all you constantly saying that "I act how a soldier should act and I blush when I'm given credit" and all of that bull# is guaranteed to do nothing more than to piss off anyone who doesn't just fall in line. There's a reason why I never went back, even after my injury healed. If you think that just stepping in line and accepting all of the bull# that's fed to you is honourable, than you, my friend are the one in need of a re-education. Do you honestly think that the men you lost died for a good cause? i know for a fact that my best friends died for nothing. That's a serious question and one that you need to answer if you expect to be on the right side of humanity when the # hits the fan. So if, 3 years after the fact I'm not what you would consider to be a "good obedient ex-servicemen," I honestly couldn't care less. It just so happens that a few of the people that I work with whom have no military experience, as well as my father (30+ years in Artie, retired 10 years ago) agree with me. I speak the truth. Get used to it. And for the last time, I don't consider myself above anyone on this Earth, only different. At least give me that much.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I'm not talking about that, what I am talking about is the way you make your point with name calling.

The name calling is what bothers me from both sides of the aisle and frankley both sides have valid arguements. But once you start the name calling then most people could care less what that arguement is.

I honestly don't care if you are for or against the war. I don't care to hear your story of how you got injured, just like you don't want to hear my stories of how I couldn't stop a friend I grew up from bleeding to death 6 years ago.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

You still didn't answer the question. Barring any opinion that you may think I have I wanna know what you think you're fighting for. Simple question. Not that I expect to get a straight-forward answer from a carreerist prick such as yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join