It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumours of Canadian Troops in Illinois, Missouri,and Ohio...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

I agree with the small part.....

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Have you heard of oathkeepers.org?

Be a solider of humanity, not of corruption.

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
Please, before any more civilians come on this thread and do some more doomsaying, read my two posts (as badly worded as they were) and you will see the REALITY of the situation. I'll be the first one to admit corruption of the systems but one of their greatest successes was making all of you scared. The way I see it, life is too damn short to be looking over your shoulder all of the time. It's been proven time and time again that a scared populace is incapable of rational thought as a whole.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

Hate to break it to ya, but this is not an act, this is who I am, and if you do not like that, than kindly remove yourself. No one person is going to change how I view the world. And if you think I have a superiority complex you could not be more wrong. In fact, the opposite is true, but that's none of your business. I am not alone in my view of most civvies and I can attribute most of it to PTSD, but the rest has been developed by just plain ignorant masses. Also (and you should have expected this) I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you have not spent any time in-theater or are a reservist (please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not as ignorant as you all think). What regiment/batt were you part of and when did you serve if you don't mind me asking?
edit on 13/5/2011 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well the US needs a big military, you guys are always starting unjust wars, and lets not forget all the technology that they suppress from the rest of the world, they need all that crap to defend it.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wewillallbefree

Just what in the hell did you think I was? Everyone needs to stop making broad assumptions based on 2 posts that they know everything I'm about. I have heard of oathkeepers, but I honestly think that when the cards fall, those same people who actually take their entrance oaths seriously have no voice when it comes down to it. While we are encouraged not to follow illegal orders, I think that line is getting real blurry.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

LOL man you have some issues.

I have never met a foreign soldier that acts the way you do and I take great pride in making sure my soldiers do not conduct or speak about civilians (or anyone else for that matter) the way you do. We are not special and should not act as if we are. When we start acting and speaking about civilians the way you do then thats when they should start worrying about military take over. After all, their fear is soldiers seeing them as beneath them, as you obviously do by your statements.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Do any of you realise that I am EX-Canadian Forces, and not currently serving?Most of my perceptions are my own and have been formed through my experiences. When I returned home do you think anyone gave a damn? Do you know what it's like to try to hitch a ride home in uniform and NOBODY will pick you up? Probably not. Kindly back off, sir.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
There's your proof right there, gentlemen! It's ignorant assholes like that who make ex-soldiers like me generally dislike civvies, because they do not understand. Can you really not sympathise with that?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by PlayeR87
To be frank if I saw a Canadian soldier thumbing for a lift I would run him over

Better watch what you say they have a mean air force....

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Yea, I saw that movie too, it was called First Blood.

I had a feeling you wasn't a soldier and I was right. You may have been one in the past, but no longer. Thank you for your service and next time you start speaking like that please make it crystal clear that you WAS a soldier and you are now a civilian.

I've been through the protest thing on my way back from a deployment. I've been in lock down while in German because of huge anti war protests and guess what? Its their right to do so. Who cares if nobody picked you up while you was hitchhiking. I wouldn't pick you up either. Picking up hitchhikers, no matter what they might be wearing, is stupid.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I was only joking man
I have great respect for all armed forces and think canada is a great country, its just the way you blatently generalise "civies" in a condescending manner that bothers me

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
reply to post by Wewillallbefree

But don't you see how that doesn't make any sense? We have foreign soldiers on our soil ALL the time.

I think the concern though is that IF the 'disaster capitalists' are planning some kind of another disaster to further their insatiable agenda of ever more control and profit, that perhaps like some other reported disasters they have brought 'troops' in beforehand to be positioned accordingly.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by thatonedude

There is not a bunker in the world that can protect me from that!!!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

So you spent 4 years in service and think you have it all figured out. I have boots that have seen more sandbox time then you was in uniform. I should have known, most soldiers, ex and current, who haven't been in long enough to break a pair of boots in generally behave like this.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PlayeR87

Instead of looking at the product, look at the cause for a change. The sad thing is, most people in Southern Canada seem to have blinders on. They mock everything they don't understand and blatantly refuse to fund the military when there isn't a direct conflict happening. I think the Canadian Army has been kept small for a reason, by American design, so that we will not be able to fight back when the cards drop. We would have to submit...or face annexation and destruction.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Your reply is not warranted-nor needed. You have no right to make generalizations about my experiences.
I don't care if some of your grunts spent 10 stop-loss tours in the sand-box, their experiences will all differ. And if you can't accept that, then with all due respect, you don't deserve your uniform. How the hell do you think you know that my 2 and a half years in country weren't the worst that could possibly be experienced. You don't, therefore you, especially being an officer have no right to comment on the mental state of an ex-grunt who has experienced some nasty nasty things. If you were anything other than probably a careerist POG, and I don't think you are, you would understand that. My tour was cut short by injury. I did not just up and quit so you need to point some manners where manners are due, mister American.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

. Also (and you should have expected this) I'm gonna go ahead and assume that you have not spent any time in-theater or are a reservist (please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not as ignorant as you all think). What regiment/batt were you part of and when did you serve if you don't mind me asking?

I have been deployed 5 times and am in the process of making it 6. Although, with Bin Landen being taken out I probably won't get the chance. I have been active duty since 1996 as a medic in the US Army. Despite being a SSG (can't get SFC because of a few problems as a E4) I reguraly volunteered patrols during each of my deployments. I have saved some friends and lost some friends while personally trying to patch them up. The units I was with are of no concern to you or anyone other stranger on the internet.

I am not in the buisness of flaunting my record, awards and achievements for recognition or to prove a point. I do what I do becaus I volunteered to do a job.

Edit to add- I don't know why you thought I was an officer. I never said I was. As far as your 2 years being hell. I don't care, I've seen it too. My problem is you, being a civilian, talking down about civilians as if you are a soldier.

You're not.

edit on 13-5-2011 by Becoming because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2011 by Becoming because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I thought you were an officer as you are talking like one. I'll have you know that I have alot of respect for corpsmen regardless of nation of origin (or atleast I did before you started preaching) I guarantee you that I am far from being the only vet (Canadian or otherwise) with the mentality that I have and I do not consider myself superior at all (on the contrary, I am quite aware of my limitations as a person). Get off your high horse, buddy. Instead of just out-right attacking my credibility you should try to understand the reasons for my angst, which you obviously don't, so this back and forth willy-measuring contest ends now.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join