It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumours of Canadian Troops in Illinois, Missouri,and Ohio...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Guys,

I have been hearing rumours that Canadian Forces have been mobilized and are in the US, can anyone in these states confirm or deny these rumours? I'm calling out all you mid westers, very easy to spot a Canadian Troop, we use a Marpat camouflage pattern.

Any info is appreciated guys!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm in Michigan and haven't heard/seen anything. I'll keep an eye out for soldiers riding on gooseback.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wewillallbefree

What do you mean "we?" judging from your false classification, you have no affiliation with the Canadian Forces at all, therefore should not have even commented. It's called CADPAT AR (arid region). It looks a bit like MARPAT but the colours are completely different . We sometimes do not have the facilities to train for a certain MOS (i.e. I did my Recce course at Camp Pendleton, CA) so we send them down south to train at American installations. Also, to this date, ALL canadian soldiers that are scheduled for deployment have to do "acclimatization" in any one of the southern states to get used to the heat in the 'Stan faster. Therefore, we are not "mobilizing" into the States, as you so cheekily put it.

edit on 13/5/2011 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

I suppose from that comment that you don't realize we have the best small army in the WORLD. If you compare US Army Basic training to ours, yours is like a walk in the park in comparison (I know this, as I trained along-side the 1st Marine Recon Battalion) during my MOS course). Also, we can do more at HALF of our national defense budget, than the Brits (who bag on us as well, stupidly enough) can do at TWICE their budget. The weakness of our Army is not in the soldiers. It lies in command and politics, just like in the Marines. Command never regained my respect for some of the decisions they made during my TOD.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
well they did sign an agreement back in 2008 to use each others troops in a civil emergency... and there has been some pretty massive flooding in those three states... it wouldn't suprise me, but I don't have any first hand knowledge... www.canada.com...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Missouri here, they would have to go through 2 or 3 states just to get here. It really doesn't make any sense, unless they're helping with the Mississippi river flooding but the flooding isn't even that bad, and even that wouldn't make any sense.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
So what if there are Canadian soldiers in the US, if you look hard enough you will find soldiers in uniform from all over the world in the US. Just last month a few friends and I played rugby with a group of British soldiers. I am in GA by the way.

I won't get into which Army is better, like a certain Canadian soldier has done in this thread already. Whats that all aboot anyways eh?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

just curious... where did you hear these rumors?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

I suppose from your rant that you can't take a JOKE. Sorry. Calm down a little, I thought Canadians were supposed to be nice and relaxed.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Isnt this month the big New Madrid pseudo emergency drill as well?

Since we are all going to merge into one NAU, maybe Canada is down here to practice with our guys. Might as well get them used to the lay of the land.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
archives2011.gcnlive.com...

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman

just curious... where did you hear these rumors?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It's ok, he crapped on me too, and I'm Canadian lol

He speaks like a soldier soooo..

Originally posted by MJZoo
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

I suppose from your rant that you can't take a JOKE. Sorry. Calm down a little, I thought Canadians were supposed to be nice and relaxed.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MJZoo

I'll leave the relaxing to all of the braindead civilians up here...btw...sorry...had a bad day and what-not. Tis a bit of a soft-spot for me. I don't take alot of things personally but that is something that I am very adamant about.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It's to close to the time period for the NLE 2011 in the NMSZ, any rumour of military movement will concern me.

Originally posted by Becoming
So what if there are Canadian soldiers in the US, if you look hard enough you will find soldiers in uniform from all over the world in the US. Just last month a few friends and I played rugby with a group of British soldiers. I am in GA by the way.

I won't get into which Army is better, like a certain Canadian soldier has done in this thread already. Whats that all aboot anyways eh?

edit on 13-5-2011 by Wewillallbefree because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Please, before any more civilians come on this thread and do some more doomsaying, read my two posts (as badly worded as they were) and you will see the REALITY of the situation. I'll be the first one to admit corruption of the systems but one of their greatest successes was making all of you scared. The way I see it, life is too damn short to be looking over your shoulder all of the time. It's been proven time and time again that a scared populace is incapable of rational thought as a whole.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

But don't you see how that doesn't make any sense? We have foreign soldiers on our soil ALL the time.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You mean, you are looking for these guys??

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69dea1675e3c.jpg[/atsimg]

I know..I kid, I kid! I'm sorry I just had to, gotta mess with our Canadian friends now and again.

edit on 13-5-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
lol jk

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
Please, before any more civilians come on this thread and do some more doomsaying, read my two posts (as badly worded as they were) and you will see the REALITY of the situation. I'll be the first one to admit corruption of the systems but one of their greatest successes was making all of you scared. The way I see it, life is too damn short to be looking over your shoulder all of the time. It's been proven time and time again that a scared populace is incapable of rational thought as a whole.

As a soldier let me be the one to ask you to dump the rambo act. Being a soldier doesn't give you the right to act superior to nobody. Calling Civilians "braindead" is not how a real soldier conducts themselves. Some are simply misguided and the way to calm their fears is not with a superiority complex.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Envy of the worlds military

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join